J1 - Mixed Grow Adventure

oh one other quick question. how many plants do you grow under the 400 hps and 90 led? i have 400 hps and 105 cfl and people told me not to grow more than 3-4 plants which sucks ecause i wanted to do atleast 6 but am brand new to indoor growing so figured I would take the advise of the pros and did 4 (1 died it was a flash babylon auto and my only one I was super dissappointed) instead of trying to do 6 and wasting some seeds since there so friggen expensive these days. also you seem to be growing autos and photos together right? how does that work, like how do you about it as far as light schedule goes? 1 of my plants is a white widow photo but the breeder claims it goes from seed to harvest in 10 weeks (2 week veg 8 week flower) so I figured itd basically be kind of like a high yielding auto and threw it in my grow with the autos but people are saying they dont think itll flower under the light schedule of my autos.

Are your BB still going slow?
That auto cali haze you did was that the super auto from flash seeds?
oh one other quick question. how many plants do you grow under the 400 hps and 90 led?
you seem to be growing autos and photos together right? how does that work, like how do you about it as far as light schedule goes?

Thanks for swinging in :) Glad to have ya. So the ABB's were never slow. they are always two day to tap root, 2 days to leaves. The xhaze was going slow and teh ABB's died in the sprouting process. Too much humidity.
The auto cali was a "short stuff" seed freebie if I remember correctly. The only pure one was mostly full of seed and tasted like grass. The seeds I got through are surprisingly similar so far. Lots and lots of red hairs, doesn't seem to want to bulk up. I'll try them again in the summer.

I've grown my closet full . It's not so much about plants as it is about room. I work with about 10sq feet. a 400w hps at 2 feet away is still producing >100% par and will fill a 4x4 foot ( 26sq foot) area. The LED is for the more full spectrum and vegging periods. Number of plants depends on how long I plan on vegging or if I want to add more later. I could EASILY put in 40 plants in there and still have some wiggle room. I could have one plant in there and not have enough room. It's taken me a year to figure out the best layouts and how many / what plants I want in there. It's due to change if I get a small cubby going on for seeds.

Not really worried about the photo period. In about a month I will flip the switch and then wait. With autos it really shouldn't matter. I also expect the gift to be finished and since the ABB are mostly for making better seeds, not too worried. The remaining un-pollinated ABB will finish normally but more slowly after I flip the switch.

Haha I hope that was all of them. I had some thought reading through your posts but I can't remember all of em at the moment. On my way to your thread now :)

private-31.jpg
That is dope man. I've never seen anything like that.

I do all my cuttings, all my seeds in these little totes. Works so good usually. This is only the second time i've done hydroton + rockwoll and I usually take off all the rockwoll after it's all germed. Got like 10 of these for 1$ each. Probably shouldn't be germing autos this way because i is almost considered a transplant so I may not do this again for autos. Just water til cracked and right into the soil.

Only real update for now is the tallest Xhaze the big one in the photo is slowly adapting to the LED got alittle toasted. But everyone else is doing good and they are all almost out of the soil can't wait to see what phenos I get out of this batch.

Seriously though the BB is the most stable it's strange. Haven't seen a weird leaf pattern or anything else from them. But this is the first time i exclusively do ABB. usually i do 3-5 of each. Really excited to get this all off the ground. Anyone else freak out for the first like 2 week until they get some serious leaf and roots?

Dear sweet FSM what have I gotten myself into!

I did the seeding chart today of the crosses I want to make this run and it end up being 8 different seeds types.... I am maybe getting a little ahead of myself. Especially after reading the Dr. Grinspoon grow reports...

So I would end up with Fem Dr G, Fem DrGxBB, Fem DrG x XH
As well as more XH, and BB, BBxXH or XH x BB, and some XHxDrG and some BB x DrG

Technically I only have to pick 2 males and CS a DrG to get what I want, which isnt so bad. And with a set up of tape markers I could distinguish different branches that have been pollinated differently.

Now I've been wondering what to do with the extra 5-6 weeks the DrG is going to take to finish. I'm thinking run a batch of ABB^2(ABBxABB) and do some 12/12 photoperiods for fun. It will run a little longer than the DrG but thats ok. I'll have such a wicked selection of seeds, and so much trimming to do, I don't think I'll mind the 3-4 week reprieve!

Well those are the thoughts for today.

sounds like alot of work but will be well worth it when your done especially if you think about how much $ you would of had to spend to buy all those seeds your making. Id love to get my hands on some of those BB Dr. G crosses I think thatll be an awesome hybrid!

I've already shelled out (hahaha) a small fortune in seeds over the years and I've had it up to my ears with terrible genetics. I was ver fortunate the first time I ever grew. I was hooked up with some clones of some top notch weed. LUI, C99 I think and a couple others. Blew me away. This last year though has been nothing but CRAP. Never again. It's why I decided with the BB. Grinspoon was more of a "what kind of sativa can I grow that I might actually like". I had considered getting some african genetics, but they are so cheap I could never really trust them.
I also grabbed some Pure Power Plant for next year. Gonna do the same thing I think and do a round of PPPxPPP and some PPPxBB and some PPPxDrG. I really want something that taste mexican you know? Smokey, mesquite-y, spicy, hashy. But I'm having a hell of a time finding anything quite like that. So sweet and sticky will have to do!

Everything is looking good so far for the upgrade. Giving myself a couple weeks to get the cash together. It's going to be my holiday gift to myself.

I just read about this 12/12 from seed set up, sounds good actually. Cut power costs and heat and allows for a good system of seed creation, strain turn around and perpetuity! As soon as the Dr.G get in I think I'll be going to 12/12.

Gonna get you all some updates right away. Lights should be on in about a half.

Looks like the misc auto is going to need some epsom salts right away, going to add some more seaweed stuff at the same time. Do that in the morning.

I also started another thread just for the Grinspoon because it is not well documented. Plan there is sprout, put in organic soil, get it to it's second node and start flowering everything. So in about 2 weeks I'm going to flip to 12/12 J1 - 2 x Dr Grinspoon & CS Feminising

Bunch of the blueberrys are up but their seeds are HUGE and hard and I have never seen such healthy seeds in my life. So I started 4 more just in case and I've gone back to the 1 day soak, 2-3 days in paper towel.

PS Also I don't know how but I turned off my auto subscription so I've lost a whole bunch of posts and threads along the way I'm trying to catch up now

Popped some more BB because I kinda screwed up before. Back to 1 day soak in water and 2-3 in paper towel. Still have a couple left so not too worried. Should have 6 total once I plant these. The grinspoon has cracked too, check the other thread. Hazes are looking good. Had one that was a little rough around the edges. It's starting to recover now.
The auto is getting big and almost developing bud sites. It's always a bit weird to see different calyx formations. Some have long slender stamens, others have thick and stout. This one is on the thick and stout variety.
The auto BB are doing ok... I think I may end up planting a heck of a lot more but only after I getmore soil. Either that or run them in buckets and take my chance.... I expect about 80-90% will get cut anyways. Really looking for a quick <80day auto BB from the mix.
Lastly some of the different hashes, oils, butters I've been puffin. Seriously I can't manage to smoke this stuff as fast as people give it to me... I made a batch of oil a while ago, straight up gave most of it away. That was months ago, I still have GLOBS of the stuff. In my opinion the oils and hash last way longer than bud. 1 oz of trim gave my almost 7 grams of rick simpsons. I goofed though and let it sit in the solvent for 5 mins each time so it is very dark, but gooey and tasty so it's ok!

Happy weekend all, stay warm!

private_nov30th-1.jpg
private_nov30th-5.jpg
private_nov30th-7.jpg
private_nov30th-6.jpg
private_nov30th-8.jpg
private_nov30th-4.jpg
private_nov30th-3.jpg

I have 2 of the mars11,there not bad,just as good as overpriced progrow 400x,not thast there bad but dam the price.if u like sativa dom try barneys farm laughing buddah it takes some time to flower,over 100 days for sure could harvested in 4mnths but barney said let it go for 2 more or as long as new pistols show I would not b disappointed I was not,very tall plant though.streches almost the whole way through flowering,would of lovedf to do this outdoors,even so my yield was like almost 1/2lb,still my biggest colia to this day,size of a medium folgers coffee can about 21/2ft long,amazing thai strain.u will need strong light if indoors,if u can put it outside I bet u can easily get a few lbs no prob,soaring exotic spicy tasting sativa high

Ahhh hell. Woke up late today and went to check and the BB runt and the Haze Runt were both dead.... Fk, I though I just watered yesterday..... the first week is always the most fragile. Oh well. Popped the last 3 BB seeds into water. If any strain survives this it had better be the BB. Haze, meh, it's cropking. But it is so far very uniform so you know.

Bah, oh well.

O.K.

The closet is getting pretty full up right now :) Everything is planted and potted, tomorrow I get the bucket up and running. Still debating flipping things on the 11th... Everything is still a little small and I don't have all my cash together for the toys I want. LED or carbon filter? Sadly I am really worried my 400w is going to bite the dust soon so I have to hold of on the scrubber... :(

Back
Top Bottom