Schnookie's First Grow In 30 Years: Mixed Strains, Mixed Schedule, Mixed Nutrients

After cutting that big coal yesterday I had to make some space management and spread the rest a little better for light distribution.

Hard to really see much of a difference from these angles. What's the typical reason for flowers to start foxtailing? My thought was they are so dense inside that new growth has to happen on the outside of the buds?
20191227_181401.jpg

After
20191228_154220.jpg
20191228_154236.jpg

20191227_181436.jpg

That crazy new green growth under the main canopy getting lots of filtered light.
20191227_181420.jpg

This may help explain foxtailing a bit.

So my issue is probably due to the light being too close then, for sure.

Other than putting the buds on their sides which seems to work (I have lots that are leaning over that are not fox tailing) since I can't move the light farther away, is there really anything wrong then since I'm basically at week 9 and will probably have everything harvested within two weeks max.?

So I took another GSC cola down today, might be the last of this size, maybe 2 or 3 more which will be white widow next I think. This one was 44g after trimming before rinse. The rinse water this time smells strong like diesel and fruit which leads me to believe thai I am removing terpenes...? Anyone else experience that when washing?
20191229_114738.jpg
20191229_114748.jpg

20191229_115022.jpg

20191229_115038.jpg

Starting to get impatient now!! I know, I know, keep to the plan!
I decided to cut another cola from skunk since she is starting to amber up a little. This one I'll keep for bud instead of making cob. 20g after trim undried.
20191230_181152.jpg
20191230_181453.jpg
20191230_181507.jpg

And I took two more colas today from skunk... these will be made into another cob next week.
Second bud was under canopy top most of its life getting filtered light until two weeks ago, thus is not dark like the other. Trichs are almost all cloudy with a few amber.

27g after trimming (wet from rinse)
20191231_133614.jpg

23g after trimming
20191231_135424.jpg

Your cobs look great. I'll have to try that one harvest. Nice job Schnookie.

Thanks! @MrSauga!

I've been lurking for months while "perfecting my craft" so I read everyone elses responses before finding the "best" solution for something and applying it to my grow. I feel like my next grow will be less of an experiment and more of a straight-up, "follow the script" kind of grow just to make it easy. I'm thinking of a Dark Devil Auto and a Golden Tiger feminized next round...should be an interesting mix...might have to put the auto under a 12/12 light cycle when I switch GT over since I only have one tent.

Hiya schnooks. Happy new year n stuff.
Your garden’s looking great! I’ve got a white widow bean popping (I hope) and I’d love it to turn out even half as good as yours look.
Like mrS I’m cob curious. I take my hat off to you for jumping right in!
Green days.
:morenutes:

I have not, but tbh I never smelled the water. You will lose some trichs no matter what, but the key is a gentle swash. Typically unless I had a PM or bug issue I only wash my outdoor crops.
Well I did have the mites early and used a couple of different preventatives (pesticides?) which, while natural, are probably not very tasty (neem oil, azamax, rosemary/lavendar oil - can't remember the name) so rinsed...haven't "washed" per se - just dunked up and down semi-vigorously in distilled water several seconds...

Well I did have the mites early and used a couple of different preventatives (pesticides?) which, while natural, are probably not very tasty (neem oil, azamax, rosemary/lavendar oil - can't remember the name) so rinsed...haven't "washed" per se - just dunked up and down semi-vigorously in distilled water several seconds...
I would have done the same if I used neem or other sprays on them. I typically use three or four buckets. The first has H2O2 and water, the second has baking soda and lemon juice in water and the last two are rinse and final rinse. 15 secs roughly in each. The first bucket is in case you had PM.

Time to cob the gsc! This girl I didn't even taste in the bong yet, just straight into curing. She got 5 days of drying and went down to 27g from original 64g. The skunk were dried more I think and can see that in that cob. I didn't see much sweating or color change after 15 hours and the pot cooled down to 65 room temperature before I put the unopened skunk vacuum bag onto my router for 79 degree cure.

Skunk cob post 15 hour sweat
20200101_143040.jpg
20200101_143030.jpg

Gsc Cob will go for 20 hours I think at 40c in the sous vide
20200101_141644.jpg
20200101_141844.jpg
20200101_142151.jpg
20200101_142209.jpg

Fascinating. I must read tangwena’s malawi cobbing and get a handle on this. You find the high noticeably different, I gather? You must do for it to be totally worth it for the little bit of faffing involved.
I was put off by the opening description of tying up an ounce in corn husks and burying it. I probably misunderstood after all I am a donkey and I can’t fight my nature. I did bookmark the thread for future reference. You just might’ve bumped it back up my reading list.
How long between preparation and medication, Schnooks?

Back
Top Bottom