Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

I can confirm seeing OC+ at Wallymart. Not the big jug with the handle, but about half gallon I guess.

very little info on the label. no mention like " use on your favorite plants and vegetables"

only flowers on the label no veggies, hmmmmm

I just finished flowering a plant in mineralized promix with OC+. I occasionally gave her T&J tea, but usually just tap right from the faucet.

The strain is a cut I've been growing out for the last couple years. I've done it crap soil and docs buds high brix kit, and now this. Maybe a bit early to make any judgements, but I can confidently say it came out better this time than any other. More trichomes, stronger smell, super dense nugs. Really nice shit. It's curing up now but I've had a bud to try and it already has its signature amazing lemon pledge/pinesol flavor.

I'm sold on docs kit being the best for landrace strains and others adapted to that type of soil. I can't wait to get my Pakistani going.

However, I also have tons of other seeds. Many are frankenstrains or have OG and unless I find something really special, they won't be enjoying my high brix soil, they get their own mix.

I like docs grassroots brix mix with 6-5-3 and all the other jazz but after this last run I'm pretty convinced that a light charge of OC+, in mineralized soil, with microbial teas, does a freaking amazing job of growing grade A quality ganja.

My mix will be

Sunshine #4
OC+
6-5-3
Insect frass
Bokashi bran made with EM-1, biochar, dry ganja leaves and wheat bran/rice hulls

I won't be making bokashi compost to use as ammendment or top dressing, instead I'm going to mix the bran into the soil at 1:100, and then use activated EM-1 or T&J as soil drench later in flower. Haven't really figured the timing/frequency/dilution rate, so kinda thinking out loud here. I've seem some pics on Instagram of bokashi bran top dressings, and gage green and crew are all about gro-kashi and look to be putting out some fire. I'm really interested in em-1, making my own bokashi, and possible ways to enhance the soil my ganja lives in. I've done some research and am still learning but need to look around here for a thread to bounce some ideas around, or start my own. Hmm maybe tomorrow I'll get something going.

Got real excited about bokashi forgot we were on OC+ thread LOL sorry.

Back to the point-
Shit works good.

tavosvo

glad you had a good turnout with the OC+ mixture.

my partner says our best grow was similar mix as yours.

I just bought a bottle of Dynamite Matter Magic for tomatoes. It's organic and a mix in the soil and then water type product,

I am going to do a comparison this year against either OC+ or Dr Earth Organic on a few veggies and see what happens.

Bump*
Just want to say thanks to Doc Bud andthen Barry Manilow for the amazingly detailed journals and plethora of information contained in those gold mines. I have been begging clones in mini hempys with the new OC+ formula and ohan are they lush and green! Exploding with growth as well! I only added a bit of OC+ and use RO water...:circle-of-love::thanks:

I do have a question for the experts though. If I am only using RO water, this new OC+ doesn't have cal in it, so I need to supplement that, but otherwise am I good? I am doing Hempy, and have a bag of Maxibloom but if I add 5ml of that to my bucket its giving slight nutw burn, so I don't know if I need other micro Nutes? If I do, can anyone point an exact brand to me? This is for the NEW rebranding OC+ not the old:thanks:

It's cool.....dyanamite, Ocmoscote.....the point is very high quality nutrients are available for those who can think for themselves....at a fraction of the cost of MJ nutes.

I think CRF's are a perfect match for coco. They'll keep releasing until the coco is saturated....

hey bro,i see you use oc+.can you tell me how to use it?do i use in veg right through flower?
sounds like a great idea!i want to try....

oddly enough my first indoor grow 12 years ago i used mg soil and had the healthiest plants ever...

It's cool.....dyanamite, Ocmoscote.....the point is very high quality nutrients are available for those who can think for themselves....at a fraction of the cost of MJ nutes.

I think CRF's are a perfect match for coco. They'll keep releasing until the coco is saturated....

hey bro,i see you use oc+.can you tell me how to use it?do i use in veg right through flower?
sounds like a great idea!i want to try....

oddly enough my first indoor grow 12 years ago i used mg soil and had the healthiest plants ever...

so what is better Dynamite Matter Magic,Dr Earth Organic or oc+?

so what is better Dynamite Matter Magic,Dr Earth Organic or oc+?

I'll chime in on this one.
I tried them all.
Dynamite MM and Dr Earth in buckets this year with identical tomatoes and the Matter Magic had the slight edge. The DrEarth showed a bit of blossom rot early in the season. Top dress some epsoms and took care of it. The Matter Magic is actually a bit on the expensive size. I think it was like 6-7$ and is good for one big bucket. Dr Earth is about $11 and will feed several buckets or go a long way for some tea.

DrEarth also has a slow release all purpose I'd like to try.

The OC+ i saw at the store today was 13.99 for the smaller jug. The big one used to be only $15

A Cherry tomato I had in Dynamite Red all purpose (similar to OC+}. It was a very healthy plant.
People said the sweetest they ever had.

As far as using OC+, I used it at 1 tbsp per gallon of media if I remember correct.

i cant get dr earth in canada,can i use the gaia green instead?

this is bloom description:Unique Natural Blend: a high phosphate fertilizer combining bone meal, rock phosphate, and fish bone meal with minerals and natural growth stimulants, designed to meet specific requirements, and to improve the general vitality of the soil.

Gaia Green fertilizer blends are formulated using the finest organic and mineral inputs to ensure a complete balance of nutrients. All products are free of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, providing you with an alternative to conventional products. All Gaia Green Natural Fertilizers are 100% environmentally friendly, acceptable for Organic Food Production and GMO free.

Gaia Green Power Bloom 2-8-4 is the best fertilizer for flowering and root development. It is excellent for all flowering plants. It is also good for increasing production of tomatoes, potatoes, and peppers. It has been used extensively by landscape professionals, certified organic farmers and gardeners over the past two decades with dramatic success. It is designed to meet specific requirements and to improve the general vitality of the soil. This complete fertilizer combines our best ingredients for an outstanding natural blend.

All natural fertilizer: Ecologically friendly ~ Low environmental impact

Proven performance: Flowers will look great

Slow release: No flush of growth ~ No burn

Long-lasting: Good fertilizer for the whole season ~ Slowly available nutrients

High organic matter: Feeds the soil and the plants ~ Builds good root system ~ Improves soil microbial activity

Blend of organic and natural ingredients: High plant performance ~
Benefits of many sources for balanced nutrition

Easy to handle and spread: Appropriate for municipalities, golf courses, landscape professionals & home gardeners

Guaranteed minimum analysis:
Total Nitrogen (N) 2%
Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 8%
Soluble Potash (K2O) 4%
Sulphur (S) 2.3%
Calcium (Ca) 4.5%

Ingredients:
Fishbone meal, bone meal, glacial rock dust, mined potassium sulphate, fossilized carbon complex, rock phosphate, greensand, kelp meal, gypsum, bat guano.

Applications:
Gaia Green Power Bloom 2-8-4 is an excellent fertilizer for flowering and root development. Good for landscapes and garden plants including trees, shrubs, flowers, fruits and vegetables.

SUGGESTED APPLICATION RATES:
Garden, landscape and lawn: Apply 2kg. (5lbs.) per 10 square meters (100 sq. ft.). One bag covers approximately 50 square meters (500 sq. ft). Apply up to once a month or as desired. In garden and landscape applications, gently dig into the soil surface where possible.

Pre-mixing soil for hanging baskets potted plants and planter boxes: Thoroughly mix 60ml. (4 tbsp.) into 4L (1gal.) of soil or growing medium.

Top dressing hanging baskets, potted plants, and planter boxes: Hanging baskets, potted plants, and planter boxes: Apply 30ml. (2tbsp.) per 4L (1gal.) of soil or growing medium. Apply up to once a month or as desired. Gently dig Gaia Green All Purpose into the soil surface.

Farm:
250 kg/ha (200 lbs./acre)

and all purpose:Unique Natural Blend: the only natural fertilizer incorporating glacial rock dust and fossilized carbon complex to provide a complete balance of the mineral elements and plant nutrients required to build healthy soil and grow healthy plants.

Gaia Green fertilizer blends are formulated using the finest organic and mineral inputs to ensure a complete balance of nutrients. All products are free of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, providing you with an alternative to conventional products.

Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4 is an excellent all-round fertilizer for the landscape and garden. It has been used extensively by landscape professionals, certified organic farmers and gardeners over the past two decades with dramatic success. It is designed to meet specific requirements and to improve the general vitality of the soil. --This complete fertilizer combines our best ingredients for an outstanding natural blend.

All natural fertilizer: Ecologically friendly ~ Low environmental impact ~ Proven performance ~ Plants will look great

Slow release: No flush of growth ~ No burn

Long-lasting: Good fertilizer for the whole season ~ Slowly available nutrients

High organic matter: Feeds the soil and the plants ~ Builds good root system ~ Improves soil microbial activity

Blend of organic and natural ingredients: High plant performance ~ Benefits of many sources for balanced nutrition

Easy to handle and spread: Appropriate for municipalities, golf courses, landscape professionals & home owners

Guaranteed Minimum analysis:
Total Nitrogen (N) 4%
Water Soluble Nitrogen 3.2%
Water Insoluble Nitrogen 0.8 %
Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 4%
Soluble Potash (K2O) 4%
Sulphur (S) 2.3%
Calcium (Ca) 4.5%

Ingredients: Alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, glacial rock dust, mined potassium sulphate, fossilized carbon complex, rock phosphate, greensand, kelp meal, gypsum.

Applications: Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4 is an excellent combination for general farm and garden use. Good for landscapes and garden plants including trees, shrubs, fruits and vegetables.

Suggested Application Rate:
Garden, landscape and lawn: Apply 2kg. (5lbs.) per 10 square meters (100 sq. ft.). One bag covers approximately 50 square meters (500 sq. ft). Apply up to once a month or as desired. In garden and landscape applications, gently dig into the soil surface where possible.

Pre-mixing soil for hanging baskets potted plants and planter boxes: Thoroughly mix 60ml. (4 tbsp.) into 4L (1gal.) of soil or growing medium.

Top dressing hanging baskets, potted plants, and planter boxes: Hanging baskets, potted plants, and planter boxes: Apply 30ml. (2tbsp.) per 4L (1gal.) of soil or growing medium. Apply up to once a month or as desired. Gently dig Gaia Green All Purpose into the soil surface.

Farm:
500kg/ha (450 lbs./acre)

is gaia green comparable to dr earth?

chong,

the Gaia seems close to both the Dr Earth products and Happy Frog.

as for the mix of the Matter Magic, If I remember, you mix so many cap fulls per gallons of soil in when you plant, then you top dress after a few weeks.

I have a Dinachem clone in a 1gl/OC+ to start as a mom and clone a few times if the original mom turns out good.
She is text book healthy green.

Peters also makes similar product to OC+ called Classicote.

If you do want to go organic, any of those decent powdered nutes should be ok. And you can use them to make some nice tea for watering. I also mineralized my organic soils.

Doing High Brix now.

I like the idea I saw of someone, I can't remember who exactly. They suggested mixing it above the res as usual but the top part to put in pantyhose so after the first 3-4 weeks, when you NEED nitrogen still, you can pull it to begin the flush...of course it seems that many people grow successfully without such a flush, and I haven't seen anyone using the new OC+ complain of too much nitrogen as a bad thing at all.:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom