OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

I'm laughing, but I guess we all have our days. Worst one I've had was, I use an rv pump for my fresh water res (ro) I connect it to a 12v battery when I use it, I like it because when you shut off the hose valve the pump shuts down. One time I left it connected and the hose clamp failed on the hose connected to the pump, well about 30 gallons of water emptied onto the floor. It had to be stripped, cleaned and painted because i didn't want mould to show up. That was some serious swearing that day.
Cheers OT, I've been watching in the back ground .

Re: OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

Thanks for stopping by Suntana :welcome:

I hear you, I don't know how many times I have double checked something in the grow room...I am good for filling a 5 gal pail of RO which takes about 1 1/2 hrs and spacing it off for 3-4 hrs...need to plumb in a float valve that sits on the bucket to cure that!:hmmmm:

Hydro-Logic HLFV4 Float Valve, 1/4"

1666405955061.png

Sorry to hear that, you can get rid of it but it may be harder on clones...in a week you will have roots shooting out again and be able to watch them develop...good luck on the male, it seems when you don't want one you will get one and vice versa!:popcorn:

I wont be crying if i get a female, ill just make her my first blue berry mommy! Make clones and pop another bean.

Re: OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

Hi OTM,
Late to the party, but really interested in the ancient seeds you have! I have a hand full of 8-10 year old unknown bag seeds that I'd love to germinate!!

Hi OTM,
Late to the party, but really interested in the ancient seeds you have! I have a hand full of 8-10 year old unknown bag seeds that I'd love to germinate!!

Hi MV, the party is just starting and if I get some of these to grow it will never end! :welcome:

If your bag seeds were stored good, a soak and paper towel might get it done, quite a few here have had good luck seeds that age.:blushsmile:

Hi MV, the party is just starting and if I get some of these to grow it will never end! :welcome:

If your bag seeds were stored good, a soak and paper towel might get it done, quite a few here have had good luck seeds that age.:blushsmile:
Define "stored good", they've been in the freezer with my 8-10 year old stash that I aquired from a previous job..( long story). Down to about half an ounce of it now, but I'm in the process of curing my first grow now.

7-23 update;

The old beans have been soaking for 8 hours, 2 are on the bottom already, 2 are half way between the top & bottom and 2 are still on top, I tapped the two on top and they came back up.

The interesting thing about the 2 at the bottom and 2 half way there are they seem to be attached to each other by tiny air bubbles. kind of like they are clinging to each other for dear life!:laughtwo:

Their darkroom safe-space has been a steady 80 degrees, no signs of cracking yet...

7-23_009.JPG

I was playing around with the camera this afternoon trying to dial it in, so the rest of this update will be miscellaneous bud/flower/cola shots...some getting sticky and some not...

7-23_018.JPG

7-23_023.JPG

7-23_022.JPG

7-23_019.JPG

7-23_024.JPG

7-23_021.JPG

7-23_015.JPG

7-23_014.JPG

Hope to see some cracking in the morning!

:thanks:

Define "stored good", they've been in the freezer with my 8-10 year old stash that I aquired from a previous job..( long story). Down to about half an ounce of it now, but I'm in the process of curing my first grow now.

The freezer is the perfect place as long as they were in a sealed container or wrapped up in a good plastic bag, cold is better than hot!

I would take a couple of them and soak them in plain RO or distilled water for up to 36-48 hours in a warm dark area, check them every 12 and as soon as the crack, put them in a moist paper towel on a plate in the same warm dark area.

If stored right like they seem to be, they should pop much like a fresh seed but maybe take a little longer...trying just a couple this way to start will give you an idea of what you can expect.

Mine are 40+ tears old, and stored in a basement in those little glass booze bottles in the dark with a temp between 45-75 degrees, not a bad environment but not as ideal as a freezer!;)

Haha @SlantEye I literally just finished reading this whole thread from page 1 myself. Talk about coincidence haha.

I love landrace strains and heirlooms and am very partial to memorabilia from the 70s-80s. I sadly lost all my seeds from the 90s from mexi brick and otherwise by playing jonny cannaseed and peppering them all over where I went. I as well as many wish I kept them and did something different and saved them. But that's not the case. I recently for my collection got a 1989 copy of The Seed Bank catalog and I framed it in a neat old metal frame I found at a thrift shop. Very happy .

I personally do not feel the polyhybrids being pumped out adnauseum have the medical benefits landraces, heirlooms, or simple hybrids produce. Nowadays u can get a strain with say northern lights #5 or haze in it's heritage and have no phenos that exhibit the great traits found in them themselves. I would much rather have say Skunk #1 or Roadkill Skunk or Afghani #1 or Garlic Bud or Maple Leaf or Big Bud or Pure Power Plant or Black Domina (see a pattern? Haha) by themselves.
I recently saw a strain I have been after since the late 90s available as F3s and despite not being allowed to pay via CC, I had to do Old School Cash wrapped in carbon in Mail to UK for it. Haha. How it's done! The strain I am talking about is a hall of famer and personal Holy Grail Williams Wonder aka Big League Bud. It was releases in 86-87 by the Super Sativa Seed Club. Ever since I read about it I've been after it and once I learned about growing I have been searching to no avail. 2 years ago I bought DNAs 60 Day Wonder auto as no banks have carried it that I have seen. Finally I found it in stock.. I couldn't believe it! Long story short, I plan on later this year starting a grow and preservation project by crossing it with itself and making a bunch of seeds to help bring it back as it's very unique and every other MMJ patient should have this in their collection. I am very frustrated with how little attention these great strains offer and I hate how RKS, Purple Haze, Cannalope Haze, Northern Lights #5 and NL #1 etc are long lost extinct only maybe existing from breeders trying to replicate. Very sad to me. So as a Afghanica and Indica lover (I won't touch sativas personally for my mental health reasons and I am not fond of 50/50 hybrids unless they are like G13, UW, Pre 98 Bubba(I hate the new bubba kush) Bubble gum, Black Widow etc as it can lean towards indica.

This thread has me sad now I let go of my UK cheese seeds I had for 4 years. But I wasn't fond of it. I have been reading BigSurs thread and so funny I found this. You are doing a GREAT thing OTM. I might be able to get seeds of a Columbian Gold Panama Red hybrid, but I have no space for a tall 14+ wk flower strain and have no access to outdoor growing. Damn small city town.

Anyway, I will be watching this like a hawk! Be patient OTM. I CANT WAIT till we see some success with this. Your ScROG looks very nice and I love the tent in grow box u built. Very very nice! Never Stop Growing and as I say, Keep On Keeping On. Love your girls.

Have a Dank Day! . . . . .

Haha @slanteye I literally just finished reading this whole thread from page 1 myself. Talk about coincidence haha.

I love landrace strains and heirlooms and am very partial to memorabilia from the 70s-80s. I sadly lost all my seeds from the 90s from mexi brick and otherwise by playing jonny cannaseed and peppering them all over where I went. I as well as many wish I kept them and did something different and saved them. But that's not the case. I recently for my collection got a 1989 copy of The Seed Bank catalog and I framed it in a neat old metal frame I found at a thrift shop. Very happy .

I personally do not feel the polyhybrids being pumped out adnauseum have the medical benefits landraces, heirlooms, or simple hybrids produce. Nowadays u can get a strain with say northern lights #5 or haze in it's heritage and have no phenos that exhibit the great traits found in them themselves. I would much rather have say Skunk #1 or Roadkill Skunk or Afghani #1 or Garlic Bud or Maple Leaf or Big Bud or Pure Power Plant or Black Domina (see a pattern? Haha) by themselves.
I recently saw a strain I have been after since the late 90s available as F3s and despite not being allowed to pay via CC, I had to do Old School Cash wrapped in carbon in Mail to UK for it. Haha. How it's done! The strain I am talking about is a hall of famer and personal Holy Grail Williams Wonder aka Big League Bud. It was releases in 86-87 by the Super Sativa Seed Club. Ever since I read about it I've been after it and once I learned about growing I have been searching to no avail. 2 years ago I bought DNAs 60 Day Wonder auto as no banks have carried it that I have seen. Finally I found it in stock.. I couldn't believe it! Long story short, I plan on later this year starting a grow and preservation project by crossing it with itself and making a bunch of seeds to help bring it back as it's very unique and every other MMJ patient should have this in their collection. I am very frustrated with how little attention these great strains offer and I hate how RKS, Purple Haze, Cannalope Haze, Northern Lights #5 and NL #1 etc are long lost extinct only maybe existing from breeders trying to replicate. Very sad to me. So as a Afghanica and Indica lover (I won't touch sativas personally for my mental health reasons and I am not fond of 50/50 hybrids unless they are like G13, UW, Pre 98 Bubba(I hate the new bubba kush) Bubble gum, Black Widow etc as it can lean towards indica.

This thread has me sad now I let go of my UK cheese seeds I had for 4 years. But I wasn't fond of it. I have been reading BigSurs thread and so funny I found this. You are doing a GREAT thing OTM. I might be able to get seeds of a Columbian Gold Panama Red hybrid, but I have no space for a tall 14+ wk flower strain and have no access to outdoor growing. Damn small city town.

Anyway, I will be watching this like a hawk! Be patient OTM. I CANT WAIT till we see some success with this. Your ScROG looks very nice and I love the tent in grow box u built. Very very nice! Never Stop Growing and as I say, Keep On Keeping On. Love your girls.

Have a Dank Day! . . . . .

Thanks for stopping by Weed! :welcome:

I wish popping these old beans were as easy and the current grow and the cloning I did, but we all need some challenges now and then to keep us on our toes!:laughtwo:

7-24 Old bean update;

Its has been 24 hours since the beans were dropped into the GA3 solution, all are now on the bottom, the ones that were stuck together with air bubbles last night have separated and they all have 2 or more bubbles clinging to the shell.

The last attempt only had one bubble and it was clinging to the pointed tip so not sure is this is a good sign, bad sign or means nothing!:hmmmm:

The water temp was 81 degrees so that is inline for what I was shooting for. The last batch the cracking took place somewhere between 24 hours and 36 hours so I am hoping to see something tonight.:wood:

7-24_003.JPG

7-24_001.JPG

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom