Outdoor trees

I've never seen a fabric pot get root bound.. Water more slowly. One could always wrap some plastic around the fabric pot to slow down the evaporation a bit. I use mulch on the top which helps.
[/QUOTE
One of the main reasons to use fabric pots is that they are breathable and allow for the roots to get more oxygen. I've been using 20 gallon fabric for 3 seasons now, and my plants love them. The plants do get root bound, but that just means the plant is super healthy and fills it out with roots completely. I would recommend every few weeks using a stake, make holes into the root ball of the pot to make several holes within the root mass. This will allow for better water/nutrient penetration throughout, and doesn't hurt the roots at all. This is one of my plants in a 20 gal fabric pot. It's about 6 1/2 ft tall.

The cart with wheels.... Sweet

47A484C2-E0B6-44A0-A430-80EB559067A5.jpeg

:welcome: to :420:

That lady is a beast!! Excellent work!

If you want tree trunks like this, you have to plant in the ground. Don't care how big a pot you grow in, the tap root, is got to be free to grow were it wants to
IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1965 (3).JPG

Last years roots
IMG_1519.JPG

The trees are doing great. I think I'm going to start harvesting this weekend. I could probably let them grow for a few more weeks, but I have not sprayed with 3 in 1 since August when they started showing signs of budding. So far I've had no mold or moth worms, so I feel lucky and don't want to push my luck any longer. It's starting to get foggy at night and I'd hate to start getting mold. So they're coming down starting Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom