Over feeding my plants

pete2

To make a long story short,I've been over feeding my plants for the last 30 days. They look real good.I'm going to remix my food supply,and go from there.

My main concern is how that might effect my plants.I'm using a DWC system. any comments would be great.:thanks::thumb::thanks:

To make a long story short,I've been over feeding my plants for the last 30 days. They look real good.I'm going to remix my food supply,and go from there.

My main concern is how that might effect my plants.I'm using a DWC system. any comments would be great.:thanks::thumb::thanks:

If they look good, what makes you think you've been over feeding them?

If they look good, what makes you think you've been over feeding them?

I use a DWC system and I assumed that I was putting in 4 gal of water when I was really only using 2 gal and 48 oz.I use Dyna-Grow and it says to use 1 to 3 tea spoons per gal of water so I put in 2 teaspoons per gal of water and I think I was over feeding them.Rookey mistake.

Sorry,Thank for your time and interest:thanks::thumb::thanks:

So you put 8 tsp into roughly 2 1/2 gallons of water when the maximum called for (3 tsp per) would have been 7 1/2 tsp total, well maybe 7. A lot of people increase the nutes until they see minor signs of over feeding, then back off from there. Sounds like you're doing fine, anyway :thumb:

What is the make of the meter? These meters read the EC. That's all they can do. Then they use a conversion ratio (usually .500 or .700) to calculate/ guesstimate the ppm, which can not be detected directly. My Bluelab meter uses a .500 conversion ratio. So if it measures an EC of 1, it displays a ppm of 500. Another meter which used a .700 conversion would also read an EC Of 1, but display the exact same solution as being 700 ppm. Therefore your 1500 ppm might be 1070 ppm if I measured it with my meter. Or it might be 1500. It depends on the make. See what I mean? Confused? I'm curious because ppm is something I'm still working on getting dialed. I went years just measuring out the ml.

Thanks for the words. They didn't make my brain hurt too much.
I use the ppm numbers from the pen as a reference really.... In combination with healthy looking growth. I know that an adult plant will take about 1500ppm from my un-labeled cheap ass pen. The Dyna-Gro feeding schedule is near my numbers, but I don't pay any attention to the published numbers and I go by how my girls look.

Back
Top Bottom