Coco feeding: over watering

TheRocket

hey guys

I’ve had the plants well rooted in a 1l pot whilst waiting for my other grow to finish anyway all done now, so repotted my plants into 10l pots. This was around a week ago. I’ve been feeding every day to 5% run off. But starting to think Two of the plants look over watered. They don’t sit in run off at all.

could it be the fact the roots haven’t filled the pots yet so I’m best off feeding when the pots start to get light to encourage root growth? There ready to go in flower but need to get them sorted before I flip them.

added some photos

thanks

Attachments

• E646198E-0159-465D-8B8A-6A3FB954DEC7.jpeg
    E646198E-0159-465D-8B8A-6A3FB954DEC7.jpeg
    998.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 6B916C14-A83E-4D6C-8743-42385E0553F0.jpeg
    6B916C14-A83E-4D6C-8743-42385E0553F0.jpeg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 69
75f to 80f. Perfect range really.
Not sure on humidity cause my meter has broken (waiting for another to come)

i will let them dry out a bit and see what humidity is. Just got a new tent and doesn’t seem breathable like others, saying that there’s no condensation on the inside of the tent

You can't overwater coco/perlite.
I feed daily in veg and twice a day in flower.
Good advice from @MickFoster
If you're growing in coco, over watering shouldn't be an issue
IF
You have proper drainage in your containers
I use Airpots so the bottom of the pot is a mesh of small holes
I actually have to lay in a sheet of cheesecloth so that the smaller particles don't run off and make a mess
Make sure your container can drain and you'll never over water your plant.
Aiming for 15 to 20 percent runoff on daily or even multiple daily waterings ensures roots get lots of oxygen.
The frequent feedings also ensures that access salts don't buildup.
Make sure you really soak it.
I'm growing in 3 Gallon Airpots and my plants get a full gallon every day
Too lazy to do multiple feedings
Hope this helps

You can't overwater coco/perlite.
I feed daily in veg and twice a day in flower.

not even if the roots haven’t filled the pots?

never had this problem before, all signs point to over watering.
only other thing I can think is I’ve been lazy and not used a pump in my res and the oxygen levels are low? Therefore creating the effect of over watering?

Good advice from @MickFoster
If you're growing in coco, over watering shouldn't be an issue
IF
You have proper drainage in your containers
I use Airpots so the bottom of the pot is a mesh of small holes
I actually have to lay in a sheet of cheesecloth so that the smaller particles don't run off and make a mess
Make sure your container can drain and you'll never over water your plant.
Aiming for 15 to 20 percent runoff on daily or even multiple daily waterings ensures roots get lots of oxygen.
The frequent feedings also ensures that access salts don't buildup.
Make sure you really soak it.
I'm growing in 3 Gallon Airpots and my plants get a full gallon every day
Too lazy to do multiple feedings
Hope this helps

Cheers.
drainage should be fine, but I’ll put some more holes in to be sure.
I normally feed 2.5l a day and get about a litre runoff (give or take). The planes are about 40cm high. But with being Sativa I need to flip them Soon or there gonna be monsters lol

As long as you're really agitating the water well before feeding you should be ok.
I make up feed batches daily, so I don't have much experience on whats acceptable for water held in res

Gonna try making smaller batches and see if that helps

No difference today. Yet couple of pots seemed fairly light. Leaf edges have curled up more so I’ve knocked the light down from 1000w to 800w to see if that helps.
also lifted fan so it’s blowing just above the canopy and raised the lights.

fed them all a half nute 5l today with 2l of run Off, EC was 1.3 (0.4 tap water, 0.3 cal/mag, 0.6 A&B) skipped the other nutes I would normally add. EC of the run off was 1.4

Thought I would update everyone.

well haven’t changed nothing and there back to their happy selfs. Must of been the shock of the repotting..
Thanks for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom