Parnelli's Panama Red

parnelli

Woohoo :woohoo: - the Panama Red seeds from Ace Seeds just popped in my Aerogrow. Took the lids off the little ladies (feminized seeds) and exposed them to the veg LED light. Temp in the tent is 66.9F because it's in the basement. After they grow a little bit these two will be transplanted into soil - thinking about a Happy Frog and top soil mix. Now that herb has been legalized in MI our local ACE Hardware carries Happy Frog :).

I was at my local ACE the other day, they have the Fox Farms trio in big bottles, their bloom enhancer and bags of coco as well! Looking forward to seeing your setup and progress. Cheers mate, happy MI growing! :yahoo:

So, I'm doing what I can to keep these seedlings warm - got the temp up to 70.3F when the lights are on for the 18 hour cycle. The tent is in the basement where it is in the low 60'sF and with this cold snap I was concerned that it wouldn't be warm enough. I added a 40 watt bulb and insulated the outside of the tent where I could to keep the heat in.

The Aerogrow is working well as a seed starter and once these girls get a few inches taller with more leaves to sustain them I'll transplant. Here's a few pix.
P1110285.JPGP1110286.JPGP1110287.JPG

Woohoo :woohoo: - the Panama Red seeds from Ace Seeds just popped in my Aerogrow. Took the lids off the little ladies (feminized seeds) and exposed them to the veg LED light. Temp in the tent is 66.9F because it's in the basement. After they grow a little bit these two will be transplanted into soil - thinking about a Happy Frog and top soil mix. Now that herb has been legalized in MI our local ACE Hardware carries Happy Frog :).
Hopefully Ace hardware will begin selling Ace seeds

2019.2.2.JPG2019.2.3.JPG2019.2.4.JPG

I've transplanted the redheads in soil. Went a little too deep on one of them. Had to do some environmental adjustment; the humidity was 87% in the tent - so moist that the walls were wet. Opened up two vent holes in the tent; it lowered temp to about 68F but got humidity down in the 60's.

Panama Red - feminized; source: Ace seeds
Sprouted in Aerogrow filled with room temp rainwater
Transplanted in Happy Frog potting soil; 19L Vivosun fabric grow pots
18 hour vegetative cycle using Induxpert 600W full spectrum LED grow lamp
40W incandescent light providing a heat source for grow tent

I have the same issues as you. Mid to upper 60's in the unfinished part of my basement I'm growing in. My last crop just finished the last 3 week's in the upper 60's and no issues. Hell some of these plants came from mountainous areas where it's a hell of a lot colder than our basements! Lol I've switched to Fox Farm's Ocean Forest soil for this grow. I used a great local water only soil last grow but I'm going more budget conscience right before Christmas, lol.

And be ready to top, LST and whatever else you can do with that Panama red. Ace has great plants, but that can be a.big ass plant! I have some Ace auto seeds they haven't released yet, next year they will . I can't wait to get them going.

I changed the set-up a little bit. The 40 watt bulb was providing heat but little light, so I thought why not get light and heat. I had a full spectrum 125W CFL grow light I had used b4 I got the LED so I reconfigured the lamp fixture and hung it vertically in the tent next to the LED. Now getting 68F and 59% humidity. I'm pretty OK with those numbers.

2019.2.5.JPG

It is now 1 month since these little redheads popped and I thought an update is in order. They look pretty healthy and I'm thinking I'll do some low stress training to keep them in the grow tent. One issue I had tho is a white fuzzy powdery mold appeared on the fabric pots. I scraped the white shit off the outside of the pot and sprayed the pots with a 1:10 milk: water solution - a "fix" suggested in these forums from experienced growers. Also opened up the vents a little more to allow more air flow to keep the humidity below 50% - it did drop the temp a little in doing that.

Also reconfigured the lights and have moved the grow lite horizontally parallel with the LED lighting. Lighting is now the same distance from the top of each plant.

2019.2.6.JPG2019.2.7.JPG

Just fed the redheads this morning with food from my Aerogrow - a more general purpose fertilizer (4-3-6); it's what I had on the shelf other than fertilizer for the flowering phase - not ready for that yet! The white stuff is gone. Likely it was salts from the soil leaching onto the fabric pots not the white powdery stuff that will ruin one's crop. Got 5 nodes on the stem and will start LST this weekend.

Plants seemed to be doing well. Started the next round of low-stress training and broke the main stem on one plant. Did trauma surgery and cut a slice in the stem - coated in root tone plugged it into an aerogrow pod and stuck it in a glass of water. That was 3 days ago and it hasn't died yet :woohoo:

Though I also saw a little black bug but haven't seen it since. I'm going to try the slicky yellow paper trick - I'll bet a fruit fly trap would work too.

Starting a 3 1/2 day watering cycle - added water and nutes - give it a few hours to absorb the h2o and then I'll LST more branches - keeping the leaves about 10 inches from the lights - from what I've read I'll trim lower leaves next week - that's 60+ days in veg - then let them veg and recover for awhile before the transition to flowering

Back
Top Bottom