Pineapple Express & Iced Grapefruit

Narg0th

Okay, another journal lol.

Here is my Pineapple Express from G13 Labs and Iced Grapefruit from Female Seeds.

Both were planted into soil as feminised germinated seeds on 22 Dec, and sprouted on the 24th.
They are living in a small cupboard with about 200w of CFLS.

Iced Grapefruit was topped on the 8th Jan, mainly because it is rapidly outgrowing the Pineapple, and i was planning to SCROG them in my flowering cupboard. (Give it a go, anyways :D)
I had 5 Pineapple Express plants, 4 of which are now living out with the guerrillas, and this one, believe it or not, was the biggest.

It just has a 400w HPS, and is currently housing a few flowering bagseed plants.
They should be ready to pull down in a few weeks, and not too long after that i plan to move these in.

I have given them "Growrite" 2 part nutes, and have "Budrite" for flowering.

Here are some pics. Note how slowly the Pineapple is growing compared with the Grapefruit.
It sounds like im preparing to make some delicious sort of fruit smoothie! haha

Pineapple on the left, Grapefruit on the right..
CAM00152.jpg

Iced Grapefruit, topped and coming along nicely
CAM00156.jpg

Pineapple Express, the little runt.
CAM00157.jpg

Photos were taken only an hour or so ago, so these are at day 29 of Veg.

All input welcome! :D

Some more pics, just into week 5 of veg under cfls.

Pineapples Express was Fimmed 4 days ago, starting to bounce back now.
Pineapple3.JPG

Iced Grapefruit, happily bushing out.
grapefruit16.JPG

hey there good buddy!

ladies are looking dam fine and very healthy! :cheesygrinsmiley: always a pleasure to see lush green healthy baby gurls.. im looking forward to seeing your pineapple ex grow as im just starting 1 in my top feed hydro- also from g13 labs. iced grapefruit just sound so darn yummy and refreshing! look forward to seeing how big n juicy that one gets bro.. and that is one smoothie i would surely like to try! :cheesygrinsmiley: wish you all the best with your grow and will stop in to see how your progressing over the course of your journal :thumb:

keep up the good work dude :)

Thanks for the kind words bro, i hope the Pineapple grows a bit faster for you lol.
Im starting to have problems with it... The Pineapple Express that is. I dont have a good enough camera to pick it up, but all the larger leaves have started to get some faint mottled yellow through them, and the tip of one has started to turn crispy and is bright yellow. HHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLPPPPPPPPP!!!! Can anybody help from just the description, or do i need to hunt around for my camera lenses?

I have been looking through the Pictorial of problems and diseases, and have decided it looks most like magnesium def. there is no real leaf curl or burn, just a gradual change from green to yellow, with some tips burnt.

If magnesium def is truely my problem, should i try to rectify the deficiency, or should i re-pot the little girl?

hey there bro!

sorry to hear your plants have taken a little ill! yeah epsom salts is good for mag def. you could also try a gentle foliar spray of a diluted epsom mix(1-2 tsp per gallon)to get a quicker 'injection' of the element into the plant. of course you would want to spray just before lights turn off so not to risk burning leaves or a light spray early just as the lights come on- good to water soil after too. hope they are coming right though! always a concern when your ladies start doing things they shouldnt! might wanna look at a soil ph kit too, just to confirm soil alkalinity isnt too out of balance... your 2 part nute should cover all minerals/nutrients as well as trace elements.. so COULD be a ph issue- just a guess though!
good to add some N to your soil too in the form of "blood and bone meal" of some kind- rake into topsoil.. and dolomite lime to keep soil acidity in check. not sure what you have done with your soil so im just throwing stuff out there :cheesygrinsmiley:

all the best bro!

just a few more cents worth to add :p

personally i make my own soil(when doing soil grows!) i usually go with something in the vicinity of 20%worm casting mix, 70%yates indoor potting mix, 5%compost (half into soil and rest raked into surface as a mulch-helps prevent topsoil drying out) 2%blood and bone mix(raked into top soil before adding compost), 2%perlite or pumice for a little drainage(mixed well into soil), .5% dolomite lime added to top soil after blood and bone and a dash of fish fert(home made), .5% slow release fert(yates bloom and grow boost sprinkled around surface of topsoil)... with your own super mixes you can not only save money on soil but you will rarely need to worry about feeding right up to flowering(6-10weeks) and rarely, if ever, have deficiency issues.. plus your plants will LOVE all that goodness :cheesygrinsmiley:

keep it green brother!

That is a LOT of good info lol. Im only using a Miracle-Gro type mix, with no other additives as of yet.

Great tip about the Epsom foliar spraying, cheers, that may work a little faster.

I have a cheap little PH pen, and it tells me it is still sitting on 6.7-6.8, assuming it is accurate, so im quite happy leaving that.

How far into the plants life should i be giving them extra N? I was under the impression i could cut that out when they start to flower?

I am very keen to try mixing my own soil, thanks heaps for your recipe bro, ill see if i can replicate it next grow. :D

Becoming a member on 420 is the best thing any NEW grower can do. SO MANY INFORMATIONS!

Out of curiosity, how long until i should start seeing the Pineapple bounce back, assuming it is indeed Mag Def, and assuming i am treating it right? haha

That is a LOT of good info lol. Im only using a Miracle-Gro type mix, with no other additives as of yet.

Great tip about the Epsom foliar spraying, cheers, that may work a little faster.

I have a cheap little PH pen, and it tells me it is still sitting on 6.7-6.8, assuming it is accurate, so im quite happy leaving that.

How far into the plants life should i be giving them extra N? I was under the impression i could cut that out when they start to flower?

I am very keen to try mixing my own soil, thanks heaps for your recipe bro, ill see if i can replicate it next grow. :D

Becoming a member on 420 is the best thing any NEW grower can do. SO MANY INFORMATIONS!

howdy bro

yeah u can cut right back on N when you start to flower! :cheesygrinsmiley: lol and focus on the phosphates- P and K etc
you should see them start to bounce back anywhere between 2-7 days depending on severity of the problem of course. and depending on the leaves you may want to look at removing any damaged leaves as they are able to be replaced by new growth that appears.. good luck!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

keep it green :)

have just been told it may be phosphorous def lol. my god. why must there be so many possible problems lol. why cant our plants just eat cheeseburgers and be as happy with that as we would be lol. Epsom salts and phosphorous..... what the hell kind of meal is that.

These babies have had to be moved out to a stealth grow in the bush, they have been there about a week now, and are just showing signs of flowering now. Gah, they were not ready.

Pineapple Express keeps getting destroyed by bugs, but the Grapefruit is still going very strong, growing pretty tall as a strong sativa should :)

Hey guys, sorry i haven't been on here in ages. The pineapple unfortunately had all its crowns taken off by either deer or kangaroos.. I severely underestimated the fuckers and did not have adequate fencing. Lesson learned.
The buds left behind are looking okay, very frosty. But they look like bush weed compared to another plant I had outside, 'White Lavender'. The frostiest, smelliest shit I have EVER seen, and it was grown outside. Would love to care what it could do indoors.

I promise ill put up pics as soon as I can, happy growing all :)

Hey guys, i can finally put pics up lol.

It has been a pretty rough grow, wildlife got the most of my plants. I didnt get to smoke the crowns of either of these plants, but i have been cheered up this morning by discovering that the Pineapple Express has started to turn purple due to the cold :) PURPLE PINAPPLE EXPRESS!!
I have what was left of the plants drying now, dry yield from both wouldnt be much more than 10g though.

Here are some snaps of Iced Grapefruit

Iced_Grapefruit10.JPG

Iced_Grapefruit_bud.JPG

And here is Pineapple Express

PE_outdoor.JPG

PE_purple_buds.JPG

PE_purple_buds_2_1.JPG

PURPLE PINEAPPLE EXPRESS :) :)

PE_purple_buds_harvest_2_.JPG

PE_purple_buds_harvest.JPG

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom