yieshabud, you're welcome. Hope to see your grow someday.

OldMedMan, the White Balance may trick new growers in thinking you're flowering plants with MH, haha. Though its not wrong to flower with MH. Glad you find it useful.

Thanks, Astonr420. I'm still a light weight grower.

GreneLeaf, thank you.

Thank you, missbud. You're too kind.

Hey, 12, my friend.

I have a question. I started 4x GDP and 4x SD at the same time, in the same environs (same mini greenhouse actually) and the same light. But for some reason, the GDP lagged a lot longer than the SD. >Link<

As this is my first with Ken's I have no idea about this. Do you have any experience with Ken's GDP cloning? Does it usually lag that long? You think they'll catch up? I'm a little worried that when the SD starts to finish, the GDP will not be ready and as they're in the same E&F they'll suffer when I flush the SD.

Hey, jandre2k3. Interesting. This is my first time running GDP, too so not sure how it will grow. Even if they need more time you can still flush it with SD in place, hydro needs flushing once awhile so it is a good idea for the GDP getting their roots clean before on more nutrients for few weeks longer. All you can do is take notes and grow till finish.

Hey, jandre2k3. Interesting. This is my first time running GDP, too so not sure how it will grow. Even if they need more time you can still flush it with SD in place, hydro needs flushing once awhile so it is a good idea for the GDP getting their roots clean before on more nutrients for few weeks longer. All you can do is take notes and grow till finish.

Yeah, I usually do a quick flush (4Gal run through to waste) every time I clean and change the res about every 2 weeks. Just worried about 2 weeks of only water at a critical stage, and before the GPD are ready for it.

jandre2k3, looks like they could use more vegging time. Why not take them out and transplant it in a different tray and just flower out the SD while veg out the GDP longer? This way you are not cutting yourself short with the yield on GDP and can flower at different nute schedule.

jandre2k3, looks like they could use more vegging time. Why not take them out and transplant it in a different tray and just flower out the SD while veg out the GDP longer? This way you are not cutting yourself short with the yield on GDP and can flower at different nute schedule.

hehehe, the space is already committed elsewhere, and no more lights to veg under, unless I move one of the mothers into flower so I can move these 6 out. Actually, it would be three, I opened the box this morning, and 3/6 are starting to stretch out. Also was talking to OMM, he reminded me that GDP stay short and bushy, and remembered that the SourD are quite "leggy". In retrospect, it seems that these aren't the best bin mates, but I guess it's perfect as a test for the box to see what this thing can, and can't handle.

This is way late, but great journal Twelve. I need to get caught up on your other stuff. Sending you positive vibes on finding some good new channels for your meds. +rep for a great journal if it lets me!

This is way late for me too! I wanted to say great journal. I am sure you will continue and I hope you do. I have been busy in the Ron Paul campaign and it has been taking alot of my time. :high-five::circle-of-love:

Took awhile to read through the whole grow but well worth the read and so much good info. My Compliments brother! Keep it good and green!

i have been reading your journal for a couple hours now. with your research and other reading I have done I want to try the GLR Method.

Just a few questions...

I have Sour Diesel, about one week into veg. Should they be ok for GLR?

I have also been reading alot about FIMmimg, would I FIM or top during veg cycle?

You can see my room and babies in my grow journal, sorry not sure how to attach a link here, but it is my only journal or thread I have going, so should be easy to find.

Thanks

Hi 12, great journal mate very good read, so you recon the best way to bush out a plant is fim or topping, my plants are mainly indica if im right such as special kush and big bud, now the plants are shorter that sative strains, at the moment my plants are not that old but the nodes are very close together on the stemp, i dont have height issues in my grow room but want the best yield i can, so would topping be the best way to go, and if so at what height would you start topping, if i leave it to long then their wont be enough veg time to grow big buds so what would the earliest be from seed,

top journal and brilliant tips with the camera as well on getting the best pics, ill be using some of them tips when i get the leads for my camera, pictures and vid will be so much better than using the crappy mobile phone,

hope you didnt mind me asking mate, answer on my journal if you like as i dont want to step on toes and discuss my plants on your journal mate,

donpaul.p Thank you for the kind words.

To bush out plants you want to use a combination of techniques. LST (Less stress training), Topping, FIM (F*** I missed), and pruning of lower branches. To take advantage of limited veg time start these as early as 1.5 week into vegetative growth from seed/clone. Then continue to top/FIM with every new top growth. Normally topping will produce 2 more branch and FIM can produce up to 4 which can take time to master. Hope that helps.

ive been having a good look at both my big bud n special kush and when i pull the center leaves back i can clearly see the very tip of the stem, so tomorrow when i get up ill try the fim method, at least if anything goes wrong the plants got time to recover, their not very big so doing it now will give it plenty of veg time for the new growth to get bigger,
thanks for the advice, think im going to give it a try on one of them tomorrow and see how it responds before i do the other, thanks

well theirs no going back now, my big bud is a bit bigger than my other plants so i fim'd it today and will see what happens, i think i done it right as i pulled all the new growth back to get to the actual tip of the stem and i cut say 80% off and left a small piece for the new growth to grow from,

from what i can tell ill get 2 new tops coming out the stem but been as the top has been fimd nearly level with the very top node on the plant it should then look like ive got 4 new stems coming from top of the plant,

have i got that right

Back
Top Bottom