Supergroomer Adds Pineapple Chunk & Cali Jack to the Mars-Hydro Grow

Dave Groomer

Ok. I ordered some seeds from Herbie's again. Still the same great service. The beans took a detour on the way to me thanks to the USPS. They went from the sorting facility 30 miles from my house and decided to fly 2000 miles away to a Midwest facility. After visiting Kansas City (both of them) they finally hopped on a plane back east were they made it to my doorstep last night.

In my order were 5 feminized Barnie's Pineapple chunk, 5 Feminized Medicamm Cali Jack, and 5 Hurkle Regular seeds. Also included were a bunch of Herbie's Freebies. 1 Dinafem White widow, 2 Dinafem Blue Kush , 3 Dinafem Deep Cheese (all of those are feminized) and 10 Afgani Regular seeds. The freebies will be saved for another journal. Today we are doing 1 Pineapple chunk and 1 Cali Jack. Here is the info:

Strain: Cali Jack
Breeder: Medicann Seeds
Type: mostly indica
Flowering: ~70 days

Cali Jack is a Sativa/Indica Hybrid which has its roots based in a Jack Herer/pre '98 Bubba Kush mix which offers some amazing properties for an indoor grower, producing exceptional buds encrusted with crystals make this a plant for anyones collection but you have to have some patience because of the 9 to 11 weeks required for flowering (50 - 70 days).

This plant has Haze characteristics but has been bred to be shorter in stature to enable the grower to better manage the large trichome encrusted flowers that are produced. We particularly recommend this strain if you suffer from fibromyalgia.

Medical uses: Stress Relief, Anxiety, Nervousness, Migraines, Headache, Nausea, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Ocular relief, Chronic Pain and Many More

Genetics: Jack Herer x Pre '98 Bubba Kush
Indica/Sativa: Indica (70%) / Sativa (30%)
THC: 15 - 20%
CBD: 4%
Flowering time: 9-11 weeks
Yield: High

One of the reasons I chose this strain was due to the "Ocular Relief." My friend that I help has found her eyesight returning after starting MMJ. Her doctor said in the last 6 weeks her sight has improved over 60%.

Next on the hit parade is Barney's Pineapple Chunk. Here is that info:

Strain: Pineapple Chunk
Breeder: Barneys Farm
Type: mostly indica
Flowering: ~58 days
Only female seeds.

We crossed the famous "Barney's" Pineapple with our Cheese/Skunk #1 with the intention of breeding in to this new variety the essence and flavor of these two delicious strains. The result is an extremely vigourous and stable plant. Mould and disease resistant.
Flowering to a beautiful conclusion in just 55 days. The essence and flavour of Pineapple Chunk is immediately obvious. Its aroma of earthy Cheese X Skunk is backed up by a secondary scent of Pineapple. The taste is delicious and unique. Earthy flavours are underpinned by a strong tasty Pineapple aftershock.
Pineapple Chunk is most rewarding. A huge giver with a massive THC output and high CBD gives a powerful couch lock effect.

Type: Indica Dominant
Genetics: Pineapple x Cheese
Yield: Optimum indoor. 650 gr/m2
Height: 60 - 80 cm
Flowering time: 55 to 60 days
Harvest time: End of September
THC: 25%
CBD: 1.1%

I have started one seed of each with the paper towel method.

Like all my other grows, these will be done in soil. 1 part FFOF, 1 Part Promix BX and 1 part Perlite. They will veg under a Mars II 400 LED and then Flower under a 400. I am hoping sometime during this grow, I will be upgrading my space. I am looking to get 2 Mars-Hydro grow tens and a Mars II 900. I will put the 900 in the flower tent and the 2 400sn in the veg tent. I just have to wait for the taxes to be done. This will increase my grow area but more importantly, give me better control of my temps.:thumb: If anyone has suggestions on how to vet two tents with one fan, let me know (what fan etc.)

That is all I have for now.

Stay tuned for more details as they become available!!:peacetwo:

re: Supergroomer Adds Pineapple Chunk & Cali Jack to the Mars-Hydro Grow

Im in.:thumb:
I use a Diy splitter to vent my 2 Diy tent's.
Nothing special by all mean's and Im sure there are other way's.
0012121.JPG

I'll be honest man,It's the only inline fan I have ever used or heard.lol
I don't think it loud at all,really.On low/med with all other fan's going,it's hardly noticeable.
Of coarse if it's on full blast your gonna know it.lol
Not the most expensive fan out there but I have not had any problem's as to date.
Had it for about a year and half,I think.

I use an 8" hyperfan to exhaust both of my tents.. let me see if I can find a pic..
Here, I have it mounted to the ceiling to a titan control's Zephyr 1 temp controller.. It runs at like 30% power for both tents with plenty of room to crank it up if I needed too... I have a 6" S series Vortex for the intake to the room itself on a mercury 4 controller..
Noise on my intake is louder than my exhaust, smaller fans will run harder faster.. I don't like noise either, but the Hyperfan is a bit quieter than my Vortex only because it doesn't run hard to achieve more flow.. What I don't like about the Hyperfan is it cant be used with any other speed controllers, as it comes with it's own, and I love it, but it wont work with a Titan Controls Mercury 3 or 4 like the Vortex will.. And I love the Mercury controller as it speeds up and slows down the fan depending on the temp, I just wish hyperfans would work with it.. But Hyperfans have DC motors and the 8" only pulls like 80 watts at FULL power, where a cheaper fan of the same CFM will pull 280!!! so that is something to really think about, as when a fan starts pulling more power than my Panels lol.. That's an issue for me..
20150118_133950.jpg

I use an 8" hyperfan to exhaust both of my tents.. let me see if I can find a pic..
Here, I have it mounted to the ceiling to a titan control's Zephyr 1 temp controller.. It runs at like 30% power for both tents with plenty of room to crank it up if I needed too... I have a 6" S series Vortex for the intake to the room itself on a mercury 4 controller..
Noise on my intake is louder than my exhaust, smaller fans will run harder faster.. I don't like noise either, but the Hyperfan is a bit quieter than my Vortex only because it doesn't run hard to achieve more flow.. What I don't like about the Hyperfan is it cant be used with any other speed controllers, as it comes with it's own, and I love it, but it wont work with a Titan Controls Mercury 3 or 4 like the Vortex will.. And I love the Mercury controller as it speeds up and slows down the fan depending on the temp, I just wish hyperfans would work with it.. But Hyperfans have DC motors and the 8" only pulls like 80 watts at FULL power, where a cheaper fan of the same CFM will pull 280!!! so that is something to really think about, as when a fan starts pulling more power than my Panels lol.. That's an issue for me..
20150118_133950.jpg

Power is absolutely something to consider. Thanks for showing me your set up. I am still in the planning stages for this so I am trying to gather all the information I can.:slide::slide:

yes for me it is big time as well.. Also that Hyperfan is pulling through 2 phresh filters, one is in each tent.. I have all of this in a 10ft x 12ft stand alone office out back.. If I was able to set it all up in a larger house or room, it would be much easier, then you could probably get away with a 6" Vortex to run both tents and just put the tent's next to one another and have the Vortex just exhaust.. As my house is much easier to climate control that a stand alone building.. Oh that S Line 6" Vortex full power only pulls 66 watts.. So I figure the fans were a bit expensive up front, but they have crazy long warranty's and I figure in 10 years they will have more than paid for themselves..

The Pineapple is no joke, I started with a good cut of one, that fruity smell and taste is amazing, my nugs look like little oranges hehe..

Works really good for my epilepsy, the plat bubba I grew is great for passing out and falling on my face and coma like sleep lol..

here is a current pic of my Pineyapple as she finishes..
20150215_224014.jpg

20150215_224024.jpg

20150215_224043.jpg

little chunky monkey hehe...

Go Pineyapple!! If its the same strain as mine, it will smell like a fruit orchard!! I just love it.. The damn plant almost does it all itself.. so easy to grow and so fast in the flower stage.. Only thing I had to watch was the bushyness of it and battle some powder mold from lack of airflow, but since then I have added a de-humidifier and 2 more fans heheh... Now flower tent stays at 40%... and plenty of air flowing...

Go Pineyapple!! If its the same strain as mine, it will smell like a fruit orchard!! I just love it.. The damn plant almost does it all itself.. so easy to grow and so fast in the flower stage.. Only thing I had to watch was the bushyness of it and battle some powder mold from lack of airflow, but since then I have added a de-humidifier and 2 more fans heheh... Now flower tent stays at 40%... and plenty of air flowing...

Mine is Barney's Pineapple Chunk. Pineapple x Cheese Skunk #1. Hopefully I will have a new flower tent by the time she needs it.

Back
Top Bottom