Plants on different water schedules

BlueSkye

So I have a couple of plants of the same strain, and one seems to be a runt. It is about 3/4 the size of the rest. Up until recently I have been able to water all my plants on the same day. Now I am waterer some plants on one day and the other on another day. (Due to it still containing moisture in its pot) I was just wondering how many people deal with this and is this just part of growing. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You didnt say what your medium was? If its coco you need to be feeding them every day. the trick is to allow them to dry then add little feeds until you have it at the point that it takes x amount per day consistantly. if some take less, just give them less each day. ANy hydroponic medium should be fed daily. coco, perlite/vermiculite, pebbles, rockwool etc.

Soil just water/feed when needed, it doesnt need to be daily.

You didnt say what your medium was? If its coco you need to be feeding them every day. the trick is to allow them to dry then add little feeds until you have it at the point that it takes x amount per day consistantly. if some take less, just give them less each day. ANy hydroponic medium should be fed daily. coco, perlite/vermiculite, pebbles, rockwool etc.

Soil just water/feed when needed, it doesnt need to be daily.
Im using FFOF with perlite and dolomite lime mixed in. So I've just been watering when pots dry out and and all plants have been on same schedule until recently. It has been nice having to water all my plant on the same day. Its not really a big deal, just tad more work on my part having to keep track of different plants and when they need water. I guess it's just part of the deal. Thanks for the help!

Im using FFOF with perlite and dolomite lime mixed in. So I've just been watering when pots dry out and and all plants have been on same schedule until recently. It has been nice having to water all my plant on the same day. Its not really a big deal, just tad more work on my part having to keep track of different plants and when they need water. I guess it's just part of the deal. Thanks for the help!

I use FFOF as well. Adding a bit of extra lime, especially a slower release type is a great idea with FFOF. Took me a lot of time and a lot of trouble to figure out that mine loses the ability to buffer about half way through flower.

I know you did not ask, but as long as I am here, I'll rattle off my usual speech about FFOF. You may already know this, but with OF you won't likely need to give any nutes until week 5 at the earliest, but I usually make it into week 6 or beyond. I run only autos and am usually able to get by with only 1 or 2 doses of bloom nutes for the entire grow. I also do not water to run off and try to give only as much as it will use in 2 days. I almost always hit a point, during the stretch, where I have to water every 36 hours.
Another thing I noticed, and I always suggest researching and experimenting rather than just taking my word, is that un-sulphured black strap molasses works better than cal mag and gives the plant some sugars and a bit of potassium. At about 3-4 weeks I start giving about 1/2 teaspoon/gallon once a week (or every 3rd or 4th watering).
Another note, just in case you are new to growing and have never considered this, all advice you are given or read is quite subjective. Everything depends on your specific situation. Thing like the size of your plant, environmental conditions, and strain can drastically effect your decisions.

Back
Top Bottom