Plants won't flower

StoneAge56

I am currently growing 2 super skunk and 2 strawberry kush. Fem Seeds. Using 600watt HPS, Ocean Forest soil after repotting and Happy Frog before. Using RO water supplemented with Cal/Mag and adding 20 ml of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro/gal. since switching light hrs. Vegetative stage was awesome. Switched light hrs from 20/4 to 12/12 on 11/14. Its been 21 days now and absolutely no flowering happening. Even added one hour of darkness changing light hours to11/13 the last 2 days and still nothing. Plants still growing green shoots. There are NO light leaks as plants are in tent. Any ideas as to why they won't flower? this is my 5th grow this year and have NEVER experienced anything like this. Seeds were purchased from 420 and have had nothing but problems with their seeds. I have used bag seeds from some really good medical with excellent success growing three Girl Scout Cookie plants and yielding almost 15 ozs dry from the 3. I am not a guru nor am I a novice. I thought flower trigger was automatic after so many days of changed light hrs. I've grown for over 10 years and NEVER had plants NOT flower after reducing light hrs. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as these plants are now over two months old and are still vegging. Thanks Peace.

Are the temps getting really low at night and shocking them? Is the tent sitting on a cold floor without insulation?
And it's probably a good idea to not feed them until they're definitely flowering.

Temps during day are mid 70's. At night mid to upper 60's. Tent is sitting on carpet on 2nd floor in spare bedroom. Don't think floor gets that cold. I will back off feeding till flower starts if it ever does. Thank you thunderbrain for the input. They are growing in 5 gallon fabric pots. Plants are very healthy. just no sign of flowering at all.

Kinda sounds like they may have sent you auto seeds, can't think of any other reason why all the plants wouldn't be flowering if everything else is good. Interested to see what you come up with, will keep an eye on this thread

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for your input jaysanity. Not sure how long autoflower plants take but these plants are now 71 days old (Oct 3) since popping through soil. I would think that's past autoflower time but again I'm not sure. Have added another cover over the only window in the room to make double sure no light leak. have noticed a change in smells over the last few days. Hope things are changing. Again thanks for your reponse. I will keep progress posted. Peace

Thank you supergroomer for your response. I'm using hydrofarm digital timer which replaced a GE digital I was using for this grow. I did not reset hydrofarm timer from last grow and when I went to grow area I noticed light was already on and it was only 5:00 am. supposed to turn on at 6:00. Not sure how long lights had been on but reset timer and everything working good now. Like I mentioned in previous post, smell is changing so I'm hoping that's what the problem was. Keeping fingers crossed. Thanks again. Peace.

I have four large plants under flower and they took a really long time to start putting out flowers. One of these was suppose to be an auto, but definitely took her sweet time! Once they DO start showing, watch for the stretch. Things will happen quickly after that.

Akgramma, thanks for the response. I believe it's finally starting to happen. As I mentioned yesterday, the smell is changing and the white pistils are starting to show at the nodes. My problem now is that they have vegged for so long I'm afraid it's going to take away from the bud size and I will not trim now that they've hopefully started. Again, this is very strange for me as flowering has ALWAYS been automatic. These are all supposedly fem seeds so I'm not sure why it's taking so long. Definitely screwing up my schedule as I can't start next group until I'm sure these have taken off. Thank you again AKGramma. I will keep posting progress. Hopefully by the weekend they will have truly taken off. Peace.

Seeds came from 420 and honestly I've had nothing but trouble with them. Have gotten White Widow, Super Skunk and Strawberry Kush. All fem. So far two of ten plants produced anything and only one of the two was nice. Their customer service was very good. I just haven't had much luck with their product as they have either hermed or developed major problems during flowering. 100% germination and all veg well. Others that are growing at same time rarely give me problems. Don't mean to bash, just sharing my experience. Reviews I've read from unbiased sites say they are good, so I don't know. Hope this helps.

Akgramma, thanks for the response. I believe it's finally starting to happen. As I mentioned yesterday, the smell is changing and the white pistils are starting to show at the nodes. My problem now is that they have vegged for so long I'm afraid it's going to take away from the bud size and I will not trim now that they've hopefully started. Again, this is very strange for me as flowering has ALWAYS been automatic. These are all supposedly fem seeds so I'm not sure why it's taking so long. Definitely screwing up my schedule as I can't start next group until I'm sure these have taken off. Thank you again AKGramma. I will keep posting progress. Hopefully by the weekend they will have truly taken off. Peace.

YAAAY! Happy to hear something is happening!

Fem plants can vary in how mature they need to be when they flower. They are not the same as Auto, which are, BTW, also Fem, but are crossed with a Ruderalis to make it flower according to it's genetic clock, not light schedule.

Not sure if I posted this already, but I had a mother Bubblelicious (photoperiod) clone under veg for a YEAR, and she still insisted on flowering when still under veg. I had no choice but to flip her.

I also had an Auto Diesel Berry jump to flower approx 3 week from seed, a lot sooner than it was supposed. to. She had the biggest COLA I had ever gown!

So, in my experience, Cannabis will do whatever it wants, WHEN it wants. Part of the joys of growing! :high-five:

GOOD NEWS!!! They officially showed flowers on 12/16. This was 32 days after I switched light time. Regardless, they are looking good and hoping they finish strong. Still not sure what the exact problem was but I did take everyone's advice and double checked everything. I believe it was a light problem. Girlfriend won't admit it but I think she may have gone in room and turned on light. Also FYI, using Vivosun tent. It is not a good product as it is full of pin holes and stitching on zippers not even connected to tent in some areas. Only $112 but you get what you pay for. I will scrap after this finishes. Don't waste your money. Thanks again to all who responded. Happy growing. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom