Please Diagnose This Problem

Demonia

Hi Guys,

I have a little question, but first i'll give some background of the setup :

We have a 400W Son T Agro Light Setup in a Cupboard with Fans and adequate ventilation, the plants are in individual 1 litre pots, they get watered daily when the soil is dry, and get 1/4 NPK Nutrients (per directions) we don't have a PH Tester yet it is on order though.

They are roughly a month old from seed and under their 2nd week of artifical light. We have a total of 6 plants in the cupboard, all are happy and healthy apart from this main one mentioned below :

So any advice in the meantime would be amazing, this is our first indoor grow, done a fair bit of research but this problem we are not sure how to address...

In the last 2 days, both plants have developed different symptoms. First Photo is the one we are most worried about!

wp002094.jpg

wp002105.jpg

^ This plant isn't a major concern, we are just curious why/what causes the purple tinge in the centre of
the new growth and the stem. Also, the newer larger fan leaves seem to have warped and started to slightly curl from the centre of the blades, happening on a couple of plants that have had sudden growth spurts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in identifying the problem.
We just joined the forums, sorry if this has been answered before, we are just after a quick reliable response,
and the 420 Forums looked to be the best!

We've tried to supply as much info as possible, if you need any more i'm happy to help out or supply pictures of the whole plant and setup if needed.

Thankyou =)

Always use good clean dirt. Nothing from outside. If you didn't know ... Was just telling you this because you said you were new....

Is it getting cold where you are growing? That can cause some purpling, or too much/little (k) phosphorous .. My last girl purpled a little, i flushed and only added sum nutes again slowly later..But the culprit in my case was temps.. And as Philbo70 said, use a clean potting mix or whatever try to not use outdoors stuff as i had my girl outside in sun for 2 days while changing set up and she got white fly, thankfully i kikd their asses but could have got anything.. Good growing;)

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the help it was great

Problem ended up being a combo of heat stress (the light wasn't too close but the temps were getting all fucked up in there, added an extra fan). They also had the start of a magnanese and boron deficiancy, thanks for the advice on upping the strength of the nutes at this point, great advice made a word of difference, also brought a container of powdered Manutec Trace Elements and within i'd say 8 hours we noticed a major improvement, most of the leaves regenerated in that time, later that night we checked on the other 5 girls and noticed that they must be deficient as well because the problem has started to appear on the tips of their leaves too.

We pulled them out of the cupboard and gave them all a good feed of Manutec Trace Elements (including their foilage). Instant difference in the leaves could almost see them lifting back up waving their arms like they was all happy again! lol Put them back in under the light's like normal for the remainder of their light cycle - all is good!

Next morning we went and checked on the girls, all was great they looked amazing... Hubby pulled them out and sprayed down the dried trace elements remaining on their foliage (from lastnights spray). Gave them a good drink and put them back in under the lights like normal -

Forgot the secondary fan switch :oops:

So yeah..... my beautiful girls - all 6 of them...Got left in the cupboard with the doors shut, no ventilation and lights on for a good 6 + Hours. My poor girls looked like we'd dried em and stuck em in muh bowl - way too early! it aint time to :bongrip: them yet lol at this point, we thought we'd be starting all over thats how bad they looked, contemplated binning em.

However, we decided to try and salvage them... I don't know if this is the right way - but it worked... and it was easy.

I pulled them all out of the cupboard, put them under normal lights on the kitchen bench, gave them a light water (stayed right away from the leaves and any foilage - especially new growth), the soil just ate the water and they insantly started being flushed pretty much as the soil was so cracked and dry the water wasnt even being absorbed at this point. Kept persisting with the light watering until the soil began to hold moisture again, gave them a light feed as you would when they just start out (they pretty much got flushed like i said). Feed them NPK + Trace Elements.

Then i began to pinch off the dead leaves and shit that was just beyond repair. I read that pinching was a better method as it does not stress the plant as much and it heals alot faster - I believe this to be true now.. Hubby tied down 2 of our girls that lost alot of lower growth and has now began LST on them.

It's now roughly 2 days later, and things are better than i could have dreamed for. They still show signs of damage but compared to 2 days ago this is a weed miracle yo lol

Also noticed on one of our girls, she must have had an accident in early stages because she has been tipped @ the first node, only realised when i was removing the damaged leaves, i removed the dew leaves and the first set of starter leaves before the split at the first node. Hubby has read you can top (FIM or TIP) from the second node up, his gonna see if it's worthwhile doing it this way on purpose from now on, beacuse she's going crazy good. Anyone had any experience with this specifically?

That's all for now, and thanks again for everyone's input recieved some great advice =)

Update on the original pics posted : I think she looks okay, what do you think? In the 2nd Photo you can see where the damaged leaf was removed. Going to add a grow journal later on with pics of setup and all the plants.

WP002137.jpg

WP002135.jpg

Also Included some extra pics of the one that accidently got topped.

WP002142.jpg

WP002141.jpg

:thanks:

Hey guys, hope that your girls are recovering nicely.. My lil girl has slight nute burn or poss defic. but the new growth is vibrant and lookin as it should.. I see on ur topped plant her edges are burnt a little, thats kinda what i got on my first single bladed leaf. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)
2012-07-10_14_51_40.jpg
On single leaf(right side) start of browning..

By the looks of the pictures it may be getting root rot. I have had this before thought it was bugs or to much nutes but no the little bumps on the stem is a sign of that your leaves will get red in the veins red stems if you start seeing that that could be what is going on. I would not water as much let it dry a little longer, because the roots need more air that's my guess hope this helps. Happy growing .....take care

Back
Top Bottom