Please help me how to setup clock schedule for automatic watering

arakawa

Hi all
I am newbies please help me how to setup automatic clock watering for my system 20 cloth pots 5 gallon use coco coir perlite&coco I need to use a container of how much is enough to supply 20 plants in a day ?
I need to schedule a watering time but I don't know where to start
Each of my coco coir plants uses a 5 gallon pot You need to feed several times a day
Thank you for read.

You are planning to water those from a reservoir? You’re going to need a lot of water I think. A person could grow very huge plants in 5 gallons of coco. How big is your space?

What is your watering system?

You are planning to water those from a reservoir? You’re going to need a lot of water I think. A person could grow very huge plants in 5 gallons of coco. How big is your space?

What is your watering system?
Thank you for reply me
How much water do I need to water every day with a 5 gallon.How many gallons of 10 gallon pots do I need

It partly depends how large the plants are. Here is a link to a good article which should cover most of your questions. It does a good job of explaining some of the special needs of coco.

If you have more questions just ask. I’m not a coco expert though I’ve used it a bit. But we can definitely find help for you.

Newbie with 20 plants lol. Sounds dangerous.

It's always a good idea to master a system before scaling up. Minimizes losses.

I'm not sure what your trying to ask. It's pretty simple and there are countless examples of setups all across the site.

We even have a site sponsor that specializes in irrigation, who could have imagined?

I think maybe you are overestimating the amount of coco you need. Either that or you plan to grow very large plants? 100 gallons of coco wood normally be a very large grow with large plants.

Check that link I sent you to get an idea how much water you’ll be using. Also take a 5 gallon pot of coco, run your watering for however many minutes it takes to saturate, with runoff. Set the timer timer to turn on for that many minutes- 2 or 3 times per day.

While flowering I can run 2 1/2 gallons of water with nutes for 4 plants in 3 gallon fabric pots. I feed usually 3-4 times when lights are on with an EC between 1.7-2.0
Your going to need one hell of a rez just to feed 1 day.

Hi all
I am newbies please help me how to setup automatic clock watering for my system 20 cloth pots 5 gallon use coco coir perlite&coco I need to use a container of how much is enough to supply 20 plants in a day ?
I need to schedule a watering time but I don't know where to start
Each of my coco coir plants uses a 5 gallon pot You need to feed several times a day
Thank you for read.

Been running coco awhile now and 5 gallon pots are going to grow massive plants. I am running 5 plants in two gallon smart pots. I ran a 24 plant sog a few grows ago and my return was about the same as my 5 plant runs.
I would scale back until you have the experience to to this. as Darbybud said you are going to need one hell of a rez to water those number of plants in coco.

Most grow in 3gal max and I've seen some monsters coming out of .5 gal coco.

In coco at flower you give them water daily as needed. I do 3 times by mid flower. as they go through flower they will drink more water. My timer comes on for a minute each time but I can only set it by the minute. I need to get a timer I can set by seconds so I can run for 45 seconds each time.

Right now I have 6 coco plants in 1 gal pots. My reservoir is 10 gallons and that lasts maybe 3-4 days (sometimes less) without topping up.

Most grow in 3gal max and I've seen some monsters coming out of .5 gal coco.

In coco at flower you give them water daily as needed. I do 3 times by mid flower. as they go through flower they will drink more water. My timer comes on for a minute each time but I can only set it by the minute. I need to get a timer I can set by seconds so I can run for 45 seconds each time.

Right now I have 6 coco plants in 1 gal pots. My reservoir is 10 gallons and that lasts maybe 3-4 days (sometimes less) without topping up.

Hey Rich,

I have had no issues with this timer, set up to 8 start times a day that can be set in hours, minutes and seconds.

Autopilot Dual Outlet 7-Day Grounded Digital Programmable Timer 2018 Model

Back
Top Bottom