Please Help This Is My First Grow And I Need Advice ASAP, Thanks In Advance

drgreenthumb4

I am running 20,800 lumens,276 actual watts and 1300 watt equiv. mixed spectrum ...mostly warmer (Lower k) bc I ,one week ago today switched there light to 12/12.they were a month old when I did that....they are all in three gallon pots bc they outgrew there 1 gallon ones.....this is bagseed but has been quite healthy up until now...after transplanting them into there three gallon pots Ive noticed the leaves got much greener and started curling on some of them.....not all..I have fox farm grow big and tiger bloom for nutes....I have only feed them once and that was the tiger bloom (npk 2 8 4 )that was 5 days ago....and I used maybe an eighth the recommended dose...I use tap water that I let set for a day or two to let the chlorine evaporate....what can I do to fix the problem before it gets so bad it really messes with my end result ?like I said the the leaves just started this curling a day or two ago,no real signs of nute burn...so I think I've caught it early ...what should I do

Re: PLEASE HELP THIS IS MY FIRST GROW AND I NEED ADVISE ASAP, thanks on advance

hello mate :welcome:

I think you may have a overfed slightly by the sounds of the very green leaves curling. What substrate are you using? Has it got any nutrient content? The very green leaves curling is normally a sign of to much nitrogen, have you got any pics? it makes things easier to diagnose :)

:Namaste:

i stupidly , due to the fact i dont drive and was in a hurry in walmart bc at the time that was the best i could do, i am ordering some fox farms ocean forrest....but im using scotts hypronex potting soil

i am trying my damdest to figure out how to post you a pic so u can see, i am scared man, i have really payed a lot of attention and money for all the supplies...i dont want to drop trhe ball here......until i get this picture thing worked out....ill just have to describe it, my leaves on all of my plants (two of them have it much more noticeably)have turned a darker green, they feel slightly different to the touch. its the larger fan leaves not my new growth so much, that is doing this. I just recently switched them to the three gallon containers two days ago, the roots looked goosd....healthy...and i bc of a personal situation have tons of time to set and research everything, i have been reading about this since i woke up, bc this is all i have to do....

as well as i put them on twelve twelve 6 days ago, bc they were a month old, healthy and i didnt want to wast a bunch of time and more money till i knew what i had as far as viable ladies

to post a pic, click on the "gallery" tab at the top,then click "upload photo", then click 'select files for upload". choose your files then click "upload/submit".. Once they are submitted come back to this thread, and go to the reply box. At the bottom you will see "my photos". click there and select your photos then post quick reply. Bam done.

IMG_054335.JPG

View image in gallery

looks like i figured the pic thing out or the problem i have out?
bc yes i figured the pic thing out, but i still dont know how best to help my plants

i fimed once and im thinking i did it right...bc there are several tops on each now since i did that when they were only a few weeks old, i transplanted the weekest one first(bc i had never transplanted anything), and messed it up royaly, pulling it loose from all its roots except for one main root that was still attatched to the stim......it stayed small, but now it has caught up with the rest, it has blown my mind

The soil isn't the best for Mj. The very dark green leaves curling is nitrogen overdose. If I were you I would put your plants back in to veg, use your new soil to repot them but flush out the soil first to leach some of the nutrients out, then give them just water for a few feeds. The damaged growth probably won't recover but it will definitely help the plant overall. As for feeding 1/4 dose nutes until yellowing starts at the bottom then increase as the plant grows hope this is helpful :)

yes that would be ideal....but it could be a week or even more before i am able to get the soil....they will likely suffer much more betweeen now and then....what would u do right now to help them until i get better soil....my gut says if i let them revert back to veg id be putting extra stress on the plant and maybe turn whatever females i have into hermies, thats why i went 12/12 so soon to find out what i have so i could quit wasting time on any males

Ok, so right now the only thing you can do is flush, triple the amount of water to container size. This will help remove any nutrients you have fed and also leach the soil itself. These plants are very resilliant they will look worse for a few days after the flush but they will bounce back just give them time. :Namaste:

its 2am where i live and i am flushing as we speak......
thats how worried this has got me...i have really invested myself, i dont wanna mess up now

thanks for the advise

Mate I feel your pain, tap water will be fine. Just remember that this is all a learning curve, I've been in very similar situations and trust me we all over worry. In nature plants have to deal with all sorts of stresses and strains they are alot stronger than we think. If you need to you can always sex the plants take the girls & put them back in to veg for recovery, I know it's not ideal but it will help with the end results. Keep your chin up mate & keep smiling :)

so your saying let the 1st flush each with three gallons of tap water.....which so far ive done 2 of em.....then wait till there sex is absolutely undiable. get rid of my males and force my females back into veg by switching the lights back to 18/6.....this wont further stress the plant? if i undertood you correctly you would let them recover in veg and then through em back to 12/12?

can you explain to me why this is the better option , i appreciate your advise, ive just read so much about how it isnt good to take clones from a flowering plant, i know there are growers that are of the mindset that the said clones produce more, maybe so maybe not....but i know this is only happening in untoched mj in nature. sure it eventually reverts back to veg and the cycle restarts after winter. if they live that long....i dont like the idea of switching them, and flushing them all at the same time.....im sorry for being so picky....and i wont all the advise you have....i certainly dont know more than any of u. i dont want the fact that i dont want to take my plants down that road without understanding it better to be slap in the face to those who have given input suggesting that.....i am not saying ur wrong, but i just wish you or someone else would expain to me the science behind what ur suggesting, although i know there are no gaurantees, i am a numbers man, and like to take the path of least resistance

Back
Top Bottom