Please Help This Is My First Grow And I Need Advice ASAP, Thanks In Advance

Yes mate :) that's what I would do, in commercial horticulture this would be called forcing sex. You put young plants in flower, then determine sex and cull all males. I don't think it will harm them just give them a little extra time back in veg 18/6, then when you feel happy with the size, health ect switch back to flower 12/12 & then get some sleep :)
:Namaste:

Mj is an annual plant, in nature the plant will have one growing season seedling - veg - flower - seed and die. I think that if your planning on cloning you are better of going back into veg.
If you just flush the plants now leave them for three days and see if they look better, then make the decision about re-vegging. The plants have only been in flower for 1 week so it will probably take 2-2.5 weeks to see new veg growth, it may look abit weird at first but it will definitely work :) :Namaste:

Thanks,your suggestion is exactly what I needed to hear...I have flushed each as well as added plenty of extra drainage holes .every hour or so I'm cleaning out the plastic dish the pots set in(individual plastic dishes)...I need help determining sex of the plants...like I said I've read and red but it's still difficult ..I see what looks like pistils or the start of them on all of them but I'm skeptical go my opinion...any advise would help

Well that's what this place is all about :) if you can take some pics of what you think are the pistils I'll give you a hand to work it out. Also good work with the flushing & the drainage holes :thumb:

IMG_055327.JPG
IMG_055423.JPG
IMG_055523.JPG
IMG_055627.JPG
IMG_055734.JPG

Thanks , I am wanting to take some clones seeing as how I got my rock wool in today,but all I have is fox farms tiger bloom ,grow big, and technaflora rootech cloning gel.what would I use to soak em in and wouldn't they be ideal cutting seeing as how my plants seem to have nitrogen toxicity..sice a new vegin plant needs lots of nitrogen as do clones correct ?thanks for all of ur gel up until know

No worries mate glad I can help :)
So when cloning its best practice to cut back on the Nitrogen, this is because when the cutting has to much it will not feel the need to make new roots as it knows there is already enough in the leaves ect. So for taking cuttings it's best to cut back on the feed for a week or so before.

As for the rockwall cubes they need to be soaked in ph adjusted water 5.5 for about 15-30 minutes as in manufacturing there ph is 8! you can add a small amount of grow but then you need to think about EC and things get more complicated. Have you got a ph & EC meter?

When using soil I think it's always best to use similar material to start seeds/cuttings so root riot cubes or a peat based cube work best in my oppinion, they are ph balanced already & some even come pretreated with mycorrhizas.

I've just been following along on this. So your current plan is to put them back into veg because you want to make sure they are completely on track with their health before you flower them, right? And do you want to take clones now?
My two cents would be that you should probably wait a while and take the clones later on. For one thing, it would be good to wait until your plants are back on track and you know they are healthy, for the sake of the plants and the clones. As OrganicMan said, cloning is better done when the plants don't have a lot of nitrogen in them. Right now they do. So hopefully the flushing will help with that.
The other thing is -they won't have a lot of clone-able branches right now. Later on they'll have plenty of small 'extra' branches perfect for cloning with.
Anyway- they may possibly go through a confused period while they make the switch back to veg, and any clones you take may also be confused, which may not help with the rooting process, or with your plants state of confusion. If they do go through a confused period they'll sort themselves out within a couple weeks.
I don't mean to complicate things. I hope it doesn't sound complicated. Really, it's not. Actually your plants don't look that bad and I don't think you should be so worried. I've seen this before when people grow their plants in soil that is too rich. Usually they get past it when they get a bit bigger and get a good enough root system to deal with all the nutrients. They're tough plants.

I've just been following along on this. So your current plan is to put them back into veg because you want to make sure they are completely on track with their health before you flower them, right? And do you want to take clones now?
My two cents would be that you should probably wait a while and take the clones later on. For one thing, it would be good to wait until your plants are back on track and you know they are healthy, for the sake of the plants and the clones. As OrganicMan said, cloning is better done when the plants don't have a lot of nitrogen in them. Right now they do. So hopefully the flushing will help with that.
The other thing is -they won't have a lot of clone-able branches right now. Later on they'll have plenty of small 'extra' branches perfect for cloning with.
Anyway- they may possibly go through a confused period while they make the switch back to veg, and any clones you take may also be confused, which may not help with the rooting process, or with your plants state of confusion. If they do go through a confused period they'll sort themselves out within a couple weeks.
I don't mean to complicate things. I hope it doesn't sound complicated. Really, it's not. Actually your plants don't look that bad and I don't think you should be so worried. I've seen this before when people grow their plants in soil that is too rich. Usually they get past it when they get a bit bigger and get a good enough root system to deal with all the nutrients. They're tough plants.

:thumb:
I agree completely wait until everything is back on track to take the clones, they will have a much better chance

thanks for the advise. and the encouragement. i was feelin down n out about em, and my buddy who is very experienced said they looked better than i described.....he said the same as u did....

i am really between keepin em in flower and trying to force them back into veg...... can someone tell me the pros and cons ......so i can weigh it out and make a move....mind you this is all i got so i cant afford to loose so i am really carefull and like to know all i can before changing anything.....or i should say i try to be that way....to answer a previous question i dont have a ppm pen, plan on getting one when my money situation gets better....i know they are really really usefull and wish so badly i could swing it right now but i cant....it would really come in handy in my situation.or so it seems

I truley do appreciate the help and encouragement , I have my third surgery scheduled for tommorow on my left leg that got messed up in a work related accident ... Anyhow , you guys have really helped me through a scary situation for me. I'm trying so hard ... I hope it's worth it and I have females , eather way it's been a good learning experience... And given me a reason to be excited to wake up....but it would be greatly dissalponting to find I have duds ... Fingers crossed I really hope there us at least one ladie

If you still have the bags from the soil you bought it might be worth taking a look to see if there's some information you can glean about what nutrients are added to it. I won't be able to help you with that though because I am not an expert on nutrients and I've never used nutrient enriched soil. Ha ha, well ,obviously, but not that sort anyway.

I would probably keep an eye on them now that they are flushed and see if the nute burn problem is solved, before deciding.
If they were my plants I would just keep them flowering and see how it goes. However, I have plenty of seeds and I also have a veg room with a bunch of different strains growing all the time so I'm not overly worried if I mess things up most of the time. Can you order up some more seeds?. I have to say, I've messed up my plants pretty badly at times over the years, but looking back on it I don't think I've ever accidentally managed to kill one.

Also, I think you are getting too worried. They are very tough plants and really I think the worst that can happen is you will have a lower yield then you could. But a first time grow is a learning experience. So is the second, third, fourth, and hundredth. Growing for the first time you will always have a lower yield anyway, than if you know exactly what you are doing. And who knows exactly what they're doing growing? Some do I suppose, I sure don't. People blather on a lot about 'yield', especially new growers, but it's really not even close to being the most important part of growing, unless you are only in it for profit. Growing is super fun and I think that's the thing we all have in common on this forum.
Sorry, it could be a mini rant starting there, lol

Pros of continuing flowering are- obviously easier because you don't have to worry about the whole revegging issue. And there's a good chance your plants will be fine and stay on track for flowering. You can also take clones in the first few weeks, or at any point really. Well- maybe not if they are completely sick- but they aren't now... You can also reveg the plants after harvest if you want. Unless they are totally sick and/or die. If you reveg now you will be probably be waiting a while for a confused period of some sort to pass. Then it may or may not be clear sailing after that. The sailing usually isn't clear though in my experience. Ha ha...

Cons- if the soil is a continuing problem then health and yield will be affected, but the soil would have to be unusually bad for them to not grow past the problem once they get a bit bigger. If the soil continues to have high nitrogen levels that's not ideal for flowering. ( I suspect it won't be that big a problem. Your plants wouldn't have survived as well as they have so far if it was. It's possible that they could continue to get worse, but they would do that in veg too until you solve the issues. Oops that's Pro not Con getting mixed up).
Also - it will be a little less ideal for cloning them if you carry on flowering, (less available branches, takes longer to clone a flowering cutting, harder on the plant while flowering) but certainly possible. Also- obviously less time to sort out problems. Vegging can be done forever. Blooming just seems to take forever sometimes.

These are just some of my thoughts, I'm no expert and take it all with a few grains of salt. Ie- just do whatever you feel like doing, lol.
Your plants are doing okay so far, at this point. There will always be issues. Get yourself some back up seeds and relax and carry-on with whichever you choose to do, either way it will be fine.
I have never used a ppm meter growing, until recently and so far it's caused me more confusion than benefit. A pH meter is pretty much essential though

The holes? No mites don't do that. Could it be accidental from handling them? Otherwise look around for a pest but don't worry I would say. (I know, that's what I keep saying to the other guy too, lol) I just don't think you have a major pest. If not mishandling, then maybe a rogue bug or caterpillar

I have been lst lately so could be but def not a mite also I over reacted cuz I had gnats and sprayed neem oil all over the plants and stem is that ok cuz the just stArted preflower

Back
Top Bottom