Possible Herm?

jaybethe1

Well, I have 4 Females in my first grow, small CFL box grow....but today I noticed this!
Any suggestions on what to do?

Screenshot_2015-09-15-21-31-44.png
Screenshot_2015-09-15-21-30-53.png
Screenshot_2015-09-15-21-31-23.png
Screenshot_2015-09-15-21-31-44.png
Screenshot_2015-09-15-21-31-32.png

I dont think so..but it was from bag seed. 4 of the 4 I started with are female. I did lst (tied down) about 4 or 5 days ago as this beast shot up way past the the other three. I had some ph issues early in the grow, but has been a strong grower ever since.

Usually, from what I have read, light cycle changes or blackouts contributes to plants going herms. It is sad but still you can enjoy a little bit of what you can harvest.

I plucked what "balls" I could find off. I dont have the setup for two rooms. The other 3 haven't shown any hermie signs yet. This is my first grow so I dont want to abandoned it yet. The other 3 are about 5 days behind maturity then this larger one.

Looks like a hermie to me, sorry! Personally, I would cut the plant down, unless you want seed in your bud.

Bag seed, when not in abundance, is usually from a hermied female, or from a female pollinated by a hermied female. It can be from stray pollen, but that is less likely I'd think. So the seeds will likely be female, but genetically they are more likely to hermie more easily than regular seeds.

If you attempt to pick the balls off through flowering, you are going to be spending a lot of time doing it, and you'll still most likely miss some and get some seeds. This is why many don't really think it's worth keeping them. Your call though!

Back
Top Bottom