Post Your Polyploids

Hey guys google "billy buds" he supposedly did some experiments with pink kush using colchicine to produce polyploidal seeds. His experience showed that if bred a polyploids offspring will revert to diploidal.

Is the polyploid cannabis flower really that uncommon? I looked for pics on my own but never found one.
I posted this thread a while back about it.
I feel like this is pretty neat, being that we all can document this together.
I will be taking many pictures for this, but will only post choice ones.
Like these. ;)

SAM_15982.JPG
SAM_16031.JPG
SAM_16052.JPG
SAM_16076.JPG
SAM_16063.JPG
SAM_16043.JPG

I am dealing with over fertilizing right now. I wanted to push them both as far as I could for yield.
I have flushed the plant with the polyploid and gave it some fresh soil in a bigger container.
Buds are heavy now and having trouble staying up. They have been given assistance.
I am seeing alot of cloudy Ts, one in 20 are amber now. This flower is almost finished.

Hey guys google "billy buds" he supposedly did some experiments with pink kush using colchicine to produce polyploidal seeds. His experience showed that if bred a polyploids offspring will revert to diploidal.

Thanks Pennywise, I'll definitely take a look at that :)
There are some great articles and a few university papers published on Polyploids, however not a lot on cannabis Polyploids. And even fewer pictures.
So i think it's great that everyone is here sharing what we can :)

Cheers!

Fascinating thread! :thumb:

Some questions for y'all:

• Do we know for sure that these are in fact polyploid and not some other genetic condition/mutation?
  • Does anyone know if someone has imaged these chromosomes under a microscope?
  • If I remember my biology correctly, doesn't this mean that these seeds could not successfully breed with plants of different ploidy?

Back in about 1970, I bought a slim, mimeographed book from under the counter at what must have been one of the very first pot grow shops. I remember the book was canary yellow and and called something like "Growing Marijuana Indoors" or something like that. (That was back when Gro Lux fluorescent tubes were the technology du jour.) The book had a short chapter about inducing mutations using colchicine that fascinated me. (It also had a chapter about doing herbaceous grafts of hop plants onto marijuana root stock(!?).

Anyway, this thread is a return to a subject that I had an interest in a long time ago. I'm following it with interest.

(BTW, I did go and look at the Billy Budd website. Apparently, along with hexaploid, 60% THC cannabis, Billy also has information on Gilgamesh, space aliens, Satan, and miracle cures he is willing to share if you're willing to buy his three volume set of books for $20 each.)

Fascinating thread! :thumb:

Some questions for y'all:

• Do we know for sure that these are in fact polyploid and not some other genetic condition/mutation?
  • Does anyone know if someone has imaged these chromosomes under a microscope?
  • If I remember my biology correctly, doesn't this mean that these seeds could not successfully breed with plants of different ploidy?

Welcome!
It is a very interesting mutation!

Please, any and all information on the subject is of course welcomed as well.
This thread was started so there was a little more information on the mutation, as there is so little to be found.

I'm no scientist, but from my research on the internet, papers found on various university sites, topics and pictures found on other 420 based sites, etc. I am without a doubt these are cannabis Polyploids.
If however I am wrong, please someone correct me as I've said before.

As far as breading, I understand that they can not be successfully breed unfortunately :(

I have one in its last leg of veg... well first week of 12/12.... but she is taking her own sweet time making the switch herself. Mine, split itself in two from seed... almost in a mainlining fashion and then the right side continued to grow poly and the left is a normal top... like all of you... I had trouble getting photographs to do it justice...

It just looks like a normal early topped/mainlined plant from afar...
420-magazine-mobile270817213.jpg

Up close it's more obvious.... I thought it was a conjoined twin plant... lol... that's what I called it until I found this thread...
420-magazine-mobile512761471.jpg

Excuse my bleach stained sleeves... I'm in my gardening garb...

The initial split was most interesting to me as it was a thick stem that parted... through no intervention on my part...
420-magazine-mobile1929992981.jpg

I pick redundant fan leaves or else there would be layers upon layers up the right stalk by now...

420-magazine-mobile706249203.jpg

Like I said I just switched to 12/12 and I think this mutation shows more obviously... at least in photographs... once it starts growing buds so I will keep up the photos.

She ended up being female though... one of five fems from my 8 reg seeds. I have a kinda love/hate relationship with her because even though she is cool... I know she wont produce like my other plants. She also requires her own water schedule and I often find my self pulling her apart to allow light access to her conjoined area... which is under developed.... truly like a conjoined twin in that respect... she grew plenty of outward facing branches but not many that face one another... I wish I could better photograph it but I will in time. I think it will be especially obvious after a couple weeks of flower.

XxKitty

The nute burn is real. I fed both of my current plants in flower the same water/nute mix.
From the same jug. One plant loves it. :love:
The poly plant is being pretty sensitive. :oops::sorry:

Any ways. Here she is.

SAM_16793.JPG

I have one in its last leg of veg... well first week of 12/12.... but she is taking her own sweet time making the switch herself. Mine, split itself in two from seed... almost in a mainlining fashion and then the right side continued to grow poly and the left is a normal top... like all of you... I had trouble getting photographs to do it justice...

It just looks like a normal early topped/mainlined plant from afar...
420-magazine-mobile270817213.jpg

Up close it's more obvious.... I thought it was a conjoined twin plant... lol... that's what I called it until I found this thread...
420-magazine-mobile512761471.jpg

Excuse my bleach stained sleeves... I'm in my gardening garb...

The initial split was most interesting to me as it was a thick stem that parted... through no intervention on my part...
420-magazine-mobile1929992981.jpg

I pick redundant fan leaves or else there would be layers upon layers up the right stalk by now...

420-magazine-mobile706249203.jpg

Like I said I just switched to 12/12 and I think this mutation shows more obviously... at least in photographs... once it starts growing buds so I will keep up the photos.

She ended up being female though... one of five fems from my 8 reg seeds. I have a kinda love/hate relationship with her because even though she is cool... I know she wont produce like my other plants. She also requires her own water schedule and I often find my self pulling her apart to allow light access to her conjoined area... which is under developed.... truly like a conjoined twin in that respect... she grew plenty of outward facing branches but not many that face one another... I wish I could better photograph it but I will in time. I think it will be especially obvious after a couple weeks of flower.

XxKitty

Excellent!
Thanks for posting your info and the pics kitty!

I notice our plants split in the same way. One side a huge stalk and fairly normal one from the other side.
Please keep the updates on your mutant coming!

Cheers!

The nute burn is real. I fed both of my current plants in flower the same water/nute mix.
From the same jug. One plant loves it. :love:
The poly plant is being pretty sensitive. :oops::sorry:

Any ways. Here she is.

SAM_16793.JPG

Ahhhh my poly is super sensitive too!
2/3 clones from are showing nute burn, the third is loving the nutes!
Weird.

Keep the updates coming!

Back
Top Bottom