Post Your Polyploids

With the branches being so thick they carry more water therefore more Nutes which is why they show Nute burn easier... that's my logic anyway I may stand corrected lol

Ya ok.
But the same thicker branch, is feeding a node that is 6x the normal size.
Plus the nute burn is on the other side of the plant too. Where branches are of a normal size.
Soooo... hmm.

Ya ok.
But the same thicker branch, is feeding a node that is 6x the normal size.
Plus the nute burn is on the other side of the plant too. Where branches are of a normal size.
Soooo... hmm.

Yeah. It is all over the whole plant. It is just in general more sensitive to nute burn than the other plant. :thumb:

Hey guys....

Question for all you polyploiders out there. My polyploid is taking significantly longer to flower than my other plants which are already slow being BIG and sativa dom. They are all the same strain but I do see two different phenotypes.

What do you guys think about this? I started freaking out, thinking it's a male. (I already culled 3 males and the distinction was quite obvious with my strain, showing within the first 5 days of flower. Poly has a few white hairs and I am fairly certain if it were male I would have seen some male preflowers by now. Today, 11 days after the switch to 12/12 it is barely showing a couple... literally 2-3 white hairs at the top bud site whereas with all the others you can truly see the buds beginning to form.

My only thought is maybe the mutation caused it to develop slower and it is just now reaching sexual maturity. I saw someone mention they couldn't bring theirs to flower... but I wasn't sure if that was because they pulled it or because they literally couldn't get it to flower.

Obviously... most of you have had no issues getting yours to flower. My next feed I will be using a bit a Bloom booster in addition to their normal feed. (I use quarter strength BioBizz Grow, Bloom, and then Top Max separately). BUT now, after seeing this discussion on nute burn... I am wondering if I should just back off and let her do her own thang. My thought was because she was a conjoined twin of sorts she might need MORE feeding... but it seems you all have come to the conclusion this is not the case.

She seems to drink at the same rate as the others these days. I mentioned earlier on she was needing her own watering schedule but not since switching to flower.

I am REALLY excited to see her bloom and she's holding back on me! So do your polys keep up with your other plants Or is mine just giving me a hard time?? Any thoughts, suggestions? Anyone have a joke to tell? Hehee.

XxKitty

Hey guys....

Question for all you polyploiders out there. My polyploid is taking significantly longer to flower than my other plants which are already slow being BIG and sativa dom. They are all the same strain but I do see two different phenotypes.

What do you guys think about this? I started freaking out, thinking it's a male. (I already culled 3 males and the distinction was quite obvious with my strain, showing within the first 5 days of flower. Poly has a few white hairs and I am fairly certain if it were male I would have seen some male preflowers by now. Today, 11 days after the switch to 12/12 it is barely showing a couple... literally 2-3 white hairs at the top bud site whereas with all the others you can truly see the buds beginning to form.

My only thought is maybe the mutation caused it to develop slower and it is just now reaching sexual maturity. I saw someone mention they couldn't bring theirs to flower... but I wasn't sure if that was because they pulled it or because they literally couldn't get it to flower.

Obviously... most of you have had no issues getting yours to flower. My next feed I will be using a bit a Bloom booster in addition to their normal feed. (I use quarter strength BioBizz Grow, Bloom, and then Top Max separately). BUT now, after seeing this discussion on nute burn... I am wondering if I should just back off and let her do her own thang. My thought was because she was a conjoined twin of sorts she might need MORE feeding... but it seems you all have come to the conclusion this is not the case.

She seems to drink at the same rate as the others these days. I mentioned earlier on she was needing her own watering schedule but not since switching to flower.

I am REALLY excited to see her bloom and she's holding back on me! So do your polys keep up with your other plants Or is mine just giving me a hard time?? Any thoughts, suggestions? Anyone have a joke to tell? Hehee.

XxKitty

Well I noticed mine was a little slower to start flower, but when it did, it came on pretty fast to give me that one massive clump.

As for nutes, in my experience with this poly... twice now I've burnt it. I have now diluted my feedings down to 1/4 strength after I flushed her. Last feeding burnt some of the sugar leaves!
So be careful with feeding I'd say.

My poly also has had a wacky feeding schedule. Drinking a different amount than her sisters, that's for sure.

A joke?
Did you hear about the guy that ran right through a screen door?

He strained himself.
:/

Sorry.
You asked for it XxKitty.

I was going through my plant photos looking back on how far they have come.... AND I found a few photos of my poly when she FIRST showed the mutation! Thought I'd add them to the thread for reference .

From above poly branch...
420-magazine-mobile77331668.jpg

Showing the poly branch split...
420-magazine-mobile1624599076.jpg

One more of the poly seedlings structure...

420-magazine-mobile1329662607.jpg

Now we have some early veg examples.

XxKitty

I had to harvest my flowering plants a little ahead of schedule. I noticed that while trimming, the poly branch. Was...... dun dun duuuuhhh...
Hollow. :thedoubletake:

I was a bit surprised. Not only at the hollow part, but that it was supporting the weight.
I'll post a bud pic in a day or two.

Im having a hard time seeing exactly, a mutation in those pics.
Maybe in was the third pic, but those dang fans leaves are in the way :p

I'll try to post a better picture of the mutation in the plant she has showed more of it now that I flipped and since CO2 was introduced to my garden I am sure I'll get a huge top cola that shows the mutation

I had to harvest my flowering plants a little ahead of schedule. I noticed that while trimming, the poly branch. Was...... dun dun duuuuhhh...
Hollow. :thedoubletake:

I was a bit surprised. Not only at the hollow part, but that it was supporting the weight.
I'll post a bud pic in a day or two.

Yes I noticed early on that the poly branch of my plant was oddly hollow as well. I had wondered if that would be an issue, it seems strong enough.
Awesome that it held up to the weight of the flower.

Little update
day 27 of 12/12
Day 20 of flower

The polyploid is on the same feeding schedule as my others and looks the healthiest, it is just now a huge clump of bud with a cola growing from it and all up the stem is just random bud growing in places haha. these are the best pics i could get so far but id say it is around 3x bigger than the other colas but hasnt stretched like the others.

DSC_004372.JPG
DSC_004260.JPG
DSC_003871.JPG
DSC_003769.JPG
DSC_003675.JPG
DSC_003577.JPG
DSC_003466.JPG
DSC_003379.JPG
DSC_003274.JPG
DSC_002990.JPG
DSC_003082.JPG
DSC_003180.JPG
DSC_002896.JPG

420-magazine-mobile194417854.jpg

Is this polipolyd?

Unless it is producing mirrored parts... I would just say it's a seedling. That was my first clue... instead of a normal topping (some plants do that on their own too) it produces a much thicker stem/branch on one side.

No intention of offense... but that seedling needs some TLC. Your lights must be to far/and or low powered for the seedling to stretch like that. I would transplant it and bury as much of that stem as possible... it will never be strong enough to support the weight that will eventually come as it grows.

Back
Top Bottom