Prepara "Power Plant Mini" Gro w/Trainwreck clones

Exzootic

I am currently running three different experiments (LOL); this journal is to chronicle the indoor cultivation of cannabis using the Prepara "Power Plant Mini" Hydro/Aero units (prepara | products | power plant) and ascertain it's usefulness.

Prepara "Power Plant Mini" units:
Foam/sponge medium. 32 oz. capacity reservoir which houses a filter and small water pump from which jets of water are emitted into the medium.

Strain: Two "Train Wreck" clones... allegedly...

Lighting: One 400W MH (6500K), one 400W HPS (2100K). Both on a 12/12 cycle now

Nutrients: One unit will receive Schult'z Bloom Plus (10-50-10) and the other will receive Ionic Bloom (3-2-6). Both units will receive OregonismXL (Roots Organics) once during flowering and Botanicare CalMag+ either on an as needed basis or every other watering. Schult'z is administered at 1/3 strength and the Ionic at half-strength. Both are pHed to 5.8.

Situation: Clones transplanted (from soil) and put into flowering as soon as they rooted; both at the fourth internode. One was transplanted a day before the other and it was decided that it would receive the Ionic Nutrients

Environment:
5' x 5' x 11' area with one entrance. Currently room temps are in the low to mid 80's during the "day" and in the mid 70s at night.

Notes:
Both units are directly under the 400W MH at a distance of 22" as the clones are under 4" tall (rooted under a 6500K CFL) and don't have sufficient foliage to shade the units, which is necessary to keep the units (and the nutrient solution within) cool. The small size of the reservoir invites medium stress if too close to the HID.
I have established a feeding schedule that floods the medium for fifteen minutes every hour-and-a-half during the day and 15 minutes every three hours during the night. The regimen seems to work; the first clone recovered from transplant shock the very next morning! I am currently awaiting the second one's (on the Shultz' Bloom Plus nutrient) recovery as I just transplanted her today.
I would appreciate if someone could offer me any suggestions pertaining to my feeding schedule regarding the foam/sponge medium. Thanx
Soon, I will also do a comparison of soil v. coco and Ionic Bloom v. Schultz' Bloom Plus in both soil and coco.
Will post Pics as soon as I'm able. Bear with me as it's only a cell phone cam...

Here are the pics I neglected to post last week: Forgive me as I'm working with a cell phone camera...

Here's the first clone the day I transplanted her:

20100917183317.jpg

And this is the second clone two days after transplant:
20100921135854.jpg

Both of them recovered from transplant shock rather well:
20100921140024.jpg

20100921135934.jpg

Presently I have the reservoirs filled with 28oz. of water (max capacity is 32oz.). The larger clone is on a diet of Ionic Bloom and Botanicare's CalMag Plus at half strength and the smaller clone is on a diet of Schultz' Bloom Plus at a quarter strength and Botanicare's CalMag Plus at half strength.

I applied a teaspoon of OregonismXL to each unit to get those friendly bacteria and microbes working there. Will post the contents in a later post.

The larger clone recovered completely overnight and resumed vigorous growth while the second, smaller clone (transplanted the day after the larger one) took two days to fully recover from transplant shock.

I would have preferred to give these clones a week or two of veg (especially as I am not well-versed with this strain) but the space is not mine and I have to accommodate the wishes of the owner who is on a deadline of sorts.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a little more regularly than I have.

Hiya hey! Back with an update. Last week (friday the 17th) I had filled the res on the units to 28oz and noticed by wed of the next week, the pH had climbed from 5.8 to 6.5. Of course I changed the res for both units and filled them each with a half-strength nutrient solution of the nutes they were on (one unit for Ionic's Bloom formula with Botanicare's CalMag+ at half strength, and the other on Schultz' Bloom Plus and Botanicare's CalMag+ again at half strength).

All of the Ionic subjects are responding really well to the double spectrum (I could do without the stretching, but it's Trainwreck...). Haven't had but one day where temps in the sho exceeded 82F.

The unit on the Schultz' nutes is performing on a par with all the Ionic subjects despite the almost two days of recovery from transplant shock. I have two other clones, one each in soil and coco that were approximately the same size and condition as the hydro Schultz' subject but it is outperforming them. These three were the weakest clones.

Here are the pic updates:
Ionic unit subject:
20100926001711.jpg

Schultz' unit subject:
20100926001512.jpg

I will try to take better shots in the future (this week!), but again I am shooting w/ cell phone cam at all of 3MP.

Hit me with your comments, suggestions or questions. Thank you and good night...:hookah:

I just found out about this power plant, the first thing I searched was if you can grow weed out of it. Nice job man. I wanted to know if you had any success in harvesting, and if the unit was solid with all the weight?

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom