Prohibition pricing?

Sask420grow

Why are we still paying prohibition prices in Canada when it’s legal? What’s the cause for inflation? Before it was legal the prices made sense, gotta pay the grower Incas he gets caught and goes to jail. Gotta pay the drivers to transport it in case they go to jail. Dealers, same thing. So what’s the catch now? It doesn’t cost that much to manufacture. Especially if your leagally manufacturing. I don’t understand the gouge

We are funding the LP's expansion. It's much cheaper to grow our own. It costs about $1000 CAD to outfit a 2' X 4' area, and grow your first crop. That first crop will pay for your setup, the second for any improvements, and by the third you leave the LPs in the dust.

We are funding the LP's expansion. It's much cheaper to grow our own. It costs about $1000 CAD to outfit a 2' X 4' area, and grow your first crop. That first crop will pay for your setup, the second for any improvements, and by the third you leave the LPs in the dust.
I agree. But why are seeds still 50-60 for 5? Why are street dealers still charging 60-90 for 7 grams? Why do dispensaries still charge prohibition prices?? I don’t understand the thought process in this.
When alcohol was legalized, the companies who took over the industry did it right. It didn’t leave much room for the bootleggers. This legalization of cannabis has been the opposite so far haha and it’s not working. It just drives people to grow there own. Soon they will take that away and we will be forced to buy from those dispensaries. WE need to step up and get those manufactures more proactive in this legalization movement.

Any seed coming from other than a Licensed Producer is illegal for recreational growing. Anyone other than the government sanctioned or run outlets selling cannabis is doing so illegally. The unsanctioned dispensaries and street dealers fall into this category. The LPs and sanctioned outlets have set their prices based on the old street values. It's usually higher than those old street values. This has left the black market pricing where it was before legalization.

If you really want to get angry, check out the prices for medical cannabis clones and seed at the licensed producers. Last year one of few that offered them was charging $700 for a starter pack of four clones. Also check their offerings. Very few had any high CBD, low THC product. You could get the oils and tinctures, but had to pay through the nose for them.

Any seed coming from other than a Licensed Producer is illegal for recreational growing. Anyone other than the government sanctioned or run outlets selling cannabis is doing so illegally. The unsanctioned dispensaries and street dealers fall into this category. The LPs and sanctioned outlets have set their prices based on the old street values. It's usually higher than those old street values. This has left the black market pricing where it was before legalization.

If you really want to get angry, check out the prices for medical cannabis clones and seed at the licensed producers. Last year one of few that offered them was charging $700 for a starter pack of four clones. Also check their offerings. Very few had any high CBD, low THC product. You could get the oils and tinctures, but had to pay through the nose for them.
That’s what I’m saying. It’s just a manopoly and we’re pawns. Black market is still thriving because those chosen to regulate the markets have screwed up Royale. Basing the legal market off the black market?? Where’s the logic in that hahahaha. Wow.

The Canadian market is just the first step for our LPs. With legalization on the agenda for many other countries they are trying to position themselves to fill the projected demand around the world, even though they can't meet the demand in Canada. They are forcing Canadian consumers to pay for it.

It is still all Supply and Demand, if the "licensed" stuff gets produced at a rate higher than what is sold then it will drop. Just depends on how the Govt set it up, Oregon screwed up and gave a license to just about anybody that wanted to pay the fee, last numbers I saw was almost 4x was grown last year than was sold the previous year (and that just legal grows) so prices have dropped like a rock both legal and street prices, so unless the Feds change their stance here and allow Interstate Commerce they will still have a glut of product until enough businesses go belly up to align supply with demand again. As currently almost cheaper to buy it than grow it, but I prefer my own and only buy at Dispensary when I see a Strain I want to try, yes some of the "craft" stuff still goes for old prices ($2-300 a oz) but one can find pretty decent stuff at dispensary for around $100 an ounce (that includes the 20% Sin Tax in price), my kid got some untrimmed (no shade leaves just lightly trimmed flowers) outdoor stuff from his friend for $40 an oz and it halfway decent stuff, not kick in the head stuff but can't beat it for the price.

I used to pay $240/oz from my "guy", who is an outdoor grower, then when I went medical, he dropped it to $180, which matched the compassionate pricing the LP's offered (but no tax or shipping) I bought "most" of my medical pot from him, although I would order some different strains from the lp on occasion.

My 'script was 4g per day, and on disability, there was no way I could afford nearly $700 a month to replace all the free opiates etc that disability paid for... so I ended up getting my license to grow my own medicine, that was just over a year ago, and I managed to grow enough for my needs, until some disastrous cloning experiences, and I had to go back to my "guy" for an emergency purchase about 2 months ago... Since legalization, he's selling for $100/oz, and I grabbed a q.p. for $300

We're lucky and have a store opening here in town, but so far there isn't even a sign out front, or any signs of activity, and they are supposed to be open and selling weed by Monday? The govt sure f'd up on this one...

I'm glad I grow my own, not only because I now get my medicine practically free, but growing is one of the best hobbies I've ever had :)

Med patient here too, bought from LPs for only a few months before going back to the black market way back. I've seen the game they play with patients and have no desire to support them in the rec market whatsoever. Thank goodness we can grow our own at least even though they try to make that difficult too.

Back
Top Bottom