Proper lighting duration and miscellaneous questions around lighting

RayBurnsAlot

420 Member
Hi Everyone, so I've been having a great learning year. Growing both indoor and outdoor. My questions are really verifications. So I have hear or read that during the different stages(seed,veg,bloom) the light height is important as well as temp and humidity. I read the following - seed -26 inches from cube for 18+hrs of light per day with temp 28 degrees. Veg - 24 inches from plant for 13 to 15 hrs of light per day and 30 degrees Bloom - 20 inches from plant with 7 - 12 hrs of light per day at 32 deg. Does this seem correct? Thanks

I'm with @Bush Doctor 77 on the lighting times.

Seedlings I run in a dome with 3 11w 3K led bulbs outside the dome until they get transplanted into solo cups and taken out of the dome but still under the 3 11w led home light bulbs and add a clip fan to harden them off.

Once the roots are coming out the btm of the solo cup - I have 2 solo cups together with a rock in between - inner cup has slits cut in the btm for water run off and the 2nd cup to collect the water run out. Once the roots are coming out of the inner solo cup they get up potted to #3 square pots for VEG.

So seedling stage - not a lot of lighting and I use a dome
VEG stage - lighting much more intense. Like 600 watt LED 3K I put all my lamps at the ceiling.
FLOWER stage - full on LED as much as I can get in there.

VEG and FLOWER both with extraction fan and filter in the FLOWER extraction fan 6".

And if you get a cheap lux meter or even use a phone app, you can use a chart like this as a starting point.
C73C6574-077B-46AE-963F-B0FDF9D343FA.jpeg
Every plant will respond differently, so nothing is set in stone. Be alert to how the plant responds to light and adjust accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom