Proper way to trim leaves without infection?

kanvict

I've been trimming dead leaves with a sanitized Fiskar micro snip... however, one of my plants is infected with stem canker and I'm guessing it got through one of the open wounds in the plant. Now, I've looked around the internet but I can't find any conclusive information to my question.

What's the most appropriate way to trim leaves off cannabis plants WITHOUT risking infection? Should I wipe with H202 to the fresh cut to sanitize? Please someone link me to a proper guide or offer a good explanation on the best way to trim your plants without risking ANY sort of infection.

I have bottom leaves dying due to past salt build ups, but the petioles fall off right from where they connect to the main stem (which I hear is bad from Ed Rosenthal)... so what's the best way to go about trimming your cannabis plant (removing dead leaves) WITHOUT risking infection to the open wounds?

Also, for some reason I can't post in the "how to grow marijuana" section.

use clean scissors and cut as close to stem as possible.Ive never had issues even with dirty scissors sometimes i pluck them off with fingers.

yeah just use clean snips and the plant will heal itself. infact its a good thing to not sterilse the plant after cuts to allow it to build up its own immunity. ive trimmed thousands and thousands of plants and never once had an issue with infection. shit if i tried to sterilise my mothers after each cut i'd be working forever. Just make sure ur cutting equip is clean bro.

Hi! I plan on using a sterile razor blade, I have read that disease can occur from cutting too close to the plant, even killed them

cant go wrong with the razor blade.i like plucking them off with my fingers its alot easier and doesnt require tools try it.on a side not cannabis is very resilient and often if the plant is healthy can take more abuse then you think.i plucked at least 50 leaves from my ladies in flower over the span of the last two weeks.Everywhere i plucked a leaf that was covering a bud site the head being covered moved right into position with the other dominate colas.

cant go wrong with the razor blade.i like plucking them off with my fingers its alot easier and doesnt require tools try it.on a side not cannabis is very resilient and often if the plant is healthy can take more abuse then you think.i plucked at least 50 leaves from my ladies in flower over the span of the last two weeks.Everywhere i plucked a leaf that was covering a bud site the head being covered moved right into position with the other dominate colas.

Nice ... I have been terrified to trim some fan leaves off, but will wait another week or so before I do that, I hate when my colas are shaded but I just try to tuck in the big leaves

DSC_01735.JPG
DSC_01574.JPG
Honestly don't.worry.about infection killing a healthy plant from cutting leaves off. I've never experienced it, not saying It's.not possible but if u use clean equipment it won't be an issue. I trim this mother to almost nothing every 10 days or so and never once had an issue.

A little stress is a really good thing for a plant. It makes its immune system.stronger and it's metabolism work better.

Sorry bout any typos, using phone and it's a pain in the arse lol.

Back
Top Bottom