Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

Holy shit man tht is a dam monster nice job man congrats. I had some big shiitakes but not tht dam big lmao. So i have question about my agar dishes this time lol. Ive seen on u tube tht people who use the mini ball glass jars for agar dishes at this point some times people wrap it up in tinfoil n pc them again is this needed? Also will it help my dishes to not have some many failures tht end up getting mold? Im wondering cause my last run every single one ended up getting a jar full of hair like shit filled the whole jar.
View media item 1815149

The AGAR jars are the jars you have to sterilize before using again, 30 minutes or Up to 45, it's fast. I use disposable sterile plates ready to pour so not my forte(using glass). Glass sounds like too much work and cumbersome for my busy schedule. Time VS Money... Take your Pick. :volcano-smiley:

One more Golden Teacher, a baby at 23 gr.
Turning deep dark blue at the base within a minute.
20210213_152817.jpg
That's a PHAT GT ToadStool right there. Looks potent, I bet it does the Trick! :eek:

The AGAR jars are the jars you have to sterilize before using again, 30 minutes or Up to 45, it's fast. I use disposable sterile plates ready to pour so not my forte(using glass). Glass sounds like too much work and cumbersome for my busy schedule. Time VS Money... Take your Pick. :volcano-smiley:
So u mean i shud p.c them b4 i pour or after?

Far as I know, you PC your jars then add AGAR. I guess you could PC the AGAR and jars in the same Run, but then you are dealing with hot jars along with the AGAR.

Yeah thts what i thought shit i hope i didnt ruin this batch cuz i planned on p.c them after i poured so i only washed them out with soap damit. Well i guess we will see how it works doing the p.c after the pour lmao. I jus figured it wud b super hot so how wont it get moisture on the sides as its drying. Idk but i guess we'll see lol. Maybe thts why they flip it upside dwn afterwards.

So with my 66quart monotub also another multistrain. I also did another light covering on top of the spawn. But i dnt wana let this one go to long an almost ruin it. So i was wondering when do i know wen to flip to fruiting conditions. Cuz its on full day 7 but if u count the half day or so that i started it then day 8 but yea here it is.
View media item 1815251
View media item 1815250
View media item 1815249
View media item 1815248
View media item 1815247
View media item 1815246
View media item 1815245

Most tubs take anywhere from 10-14 days to colonize. I let these newest trays go 12 days since it was a lower spawn rate. You can only go a week or so with HIGH spawn rates(I have done 7 jars which is a ton for a 66qt tub and it was ready in 6 or 7 days). You are probably going to need another week or close to it. That's definitely not ready to fruit.

I checked on my F+ clone at a week and it's not ready either, One quart of spawn takes 10-12 days in my experience(depends on size of tub and ratio).

View media item 1815252One of my trays of TAZ! Right before I threw it into the Chamber.

The surface of your Tubs should look similar. :passitleft:

View media item 1815057
View media item 1815055Previously Uploaded Pics from the same day as the first photo.

Most tubs take anywhere from 10-14 days to colonize. I let these newest trays go 12 days since it was a lower spawn rate. You can only go a week or so with HIGH spawn rates(I have done 7 jars which is a ton for a 66qt tub and it was ready in 6 or 7 days). You are probably going to need another week or close to it. That's definitely not ready to fruit.

I checked on my F+ clone at a week and it's not ready either, One quart of spawn takes 10-12 days in my experience(depends on size of tub and ratio).

View media item 1815252One of my trays of TAZ! Right before I threw it into the Chamber.

View media item 1815057
View media item 1815055Previously Uploaded Pics from the same day as the first photo.
I think my B+ took at least 3 weeks or more, I had written it off as contaminated in fact.
Then it just took off, I think that may have had a little to do with how insanely potent they ended up being.

View media item 1815057

Ok well i used up my last of my brf cakes N i shaved them dwn using a cheese grater but a few werent fully colonized. There were like tht alil on the bottom wasnt fully done. But i used like 7 pucks. My recipe was for a 250ml pucks i believe. So like 6 and a half of those pucks is what i used for spawn. But yea thanx for the info much appreciated.

Damn, these Golden Teachers keep coming and getting bigger.
Biggest one yet, 43.4 gr
Bigger than my hand.
7" tall, cap a little over 3" wide
I suspect if these just keep growing perpetually that flush number 52 will be just one giant shroom filling the entire 66 qt tub.
Totally solid stem not hollow.
20210214_140028.jpg
20210214_135836.jpg
Good lord thts huge lmao. Man i cant wait to start gettn fruits like tht congrats.

Damn, these Golden Teachers keep coming and getting bigger.
Biggest one yet, 43.4 gr
Bigger than my hand.
7" tall, cap a little over 3" wide
I suspect if these just keep growing perpetually that flush number 52 will be just one giant shroom filling the entire 66 qt tub.
Totally solid stem not hollow.
20210214_140028.jpg
20210214_135836.jpg
Wow.. That's a Monster right there... how many quarts did u use for the Mono anyway? Beautiful Cap on that baby that's for sure. Going longer in colonization wouldn't make them more potent per-say, but your tub was definitely fully colonized which makes a HUGE difference. Judging by your fruits, your field capacity was more than likely SPOT on. I've only misted One Mono in all of the Mono's that I have done since we hit a dry spell here. Most of the time, you can go 3 flushes or more without doing anything other than watching and picking. It's not a bad idea to mist for the first 3 days or until you see PINS, unless you see nice water beads upfront, then you know your moisture content is where it should be. I tried misting in the Martha to see the results, yeah don't do that it's not needed(had to fan it a few times, I just let the Martha go to work). All I can say is... Keep doin' what you're doing... it's working. I'm a bit jeajous... :rofl: I've never went 6 flushes.

I'm betting on you hit a real NICE MS syringe... B+ is one of the best MS syringes with Good or Great Results from MS. It's the reason it's one of the most popular, very contaminate resistant, it's perfect for beginners.. Same as GT... VERY forgiving strain. BIG fruits both strains too. Most of the strains I've grown are more Medium fruits, but you do get some BIGGUN's in Later flushes... just less of them.

Ok well i used up my last of my brf cakes N i shaved them dwn using a cheese grater but a few werent fully colonized. There were like tht alil on the bottom wasnt fully done. But i used like 7 pucks. My recipe was for a 250ml pucks i believe. So like 6 and a half of those pucks is what i used for spawn. But yea thanx for the info much appreciated.

Good lord thts huge lmao. Man i cant wait to start gettn fruits like tht congrats.
6 BRF Pucks... they sound pretty small, you May want to check in a week and let it go longer, that looks like a Decent size tub to fully colonize. Patience is Key at this step. :passitleft:

Wow.. That's a Monster right there... how many quarts did u use for the Mono anyway? Beautiful Cap on that baby that's for sure. Going longer in colonization wouldn't make them more potent per-say, but your tub was definitely fully colonized which makes a HUGE difference. Judging by your fruits, your field capacity was more than likely SPOT on. I've only misted One Mono in all of the Mono's that I have done since we hit a dry spell here. Most of the time, you can go 3 flushes or more without doing anything other than watching and picking. It's not a bad idea to mist for the first 3 days or until you see PINS, unless you see nice water beads upfront, then you know your moisture content is where it should be. I tried misting in the Martha to see the results, yeah don't do that it's not needed(had to fan it a few times, I just let the Martha go to work). All I can say is... Keep doin' what you're doing... it's working. I'm a bit jeajous... :rofl: I've never went 6 flushes.

I'm betting on you hit a real NICE MS syringe... B+ is one of the best MS syringes with Good or Great Results from MS. It's the reason it's one of the most popular, very contaminate resistant, it's perfect for beginners.. Same as GT... VERY forgiving strain. BIG fruits both strains too. Most of the strains I've grown are more Medium fruits, but you do get some BIGGUN's in Later flushes... just less of them.
I used 12.5 pounds of manure based substrate from North Spore in each monotub.

I used 12.5 pounds of manure based substrate from North Spore in each monotub.

That's the cool thing about this hobby, you can do as much of the work as you want or feel comfortable with... Or grab some pre-sterilized which will cost more, but when you get SO many fruits that will last forever, IT just doesn't matter. I just picked up some (straight)Horse Manure myself for some upcoming projects. I'm used to pasteurizing my sub anyway, and I have never lost a tub when pasteurizing properly. You can cheat with Coco, not so much with Manure. I think it's Safe to say you got your Money's Worth. :cool:

Man, I'm a little bummed and disappointed at myself, I ran the Turkey Tail Block too long and there is mold on the fruits and a few fungus gnats(signs of beyond peak and starting to die). I should of pulled this block 6 days ago when all the fruits looked ripe and perfect. There isn't a ton of information on this TT so the harvest timeframe shows 4-8 months which is a HUGE window. Wednesday would of been the full 8 weeks so I have pictures from the 9th and that definitely was the day I should of chopped and dehydrated. Owell, live and learn, I didn't know when to harvest so it's on me. I have 4 more TT blocks, two in the Fruiting Tent so it's No big deal(first Test Block) and no other block has this and it looks exactly like the Chicken of the Woods that contaminated from being overexposed too long AND no fruiting. The Turkey Tail Block was the first block to enter the Martha, RIP to the compost pile. :smokin:

Man, I'm a little bummed and disappointed at myself, I ran the Turkey Tail Block too long and there is mold on the fruits and a few fungus gnats(signs of beyond peak and starting to die). I should of pulled this block 6 days ago when all the fruits looked ripe and perfect. There isn't a ton of information on this TT so the harvest timeframe shows 4-8 months which is a HUGE window. Wednesday would of been the full 8 weeks so I have pictures from the 9th and that definitely was the day I should of chopped and dehydrated. Owell, live and learn, I didn't know when to harvest so it's on me. I have 4 more TT blocks, two in the Fruiting Tent so it's No big deal(first Test Block) and no other block has this and it looks exactly like the Chicken of the Woods that contaminated from being overexposed too long AND no fruiting. The Turkey Tail Block was the first block to enter the Martha, RIP to the compost pile. :smokin:

Dang tht sux u lost the block but atleast u got plenty others it sounds like lmao. Im currently guna be trying some of those agar dishes i made yesterday n i stuck em in the p.c. i wrapped them completely in tinfoil but the bottom layer if i wid have had sum jars or a rack or sumthn to suspend them above the water it wuda been perfect tht n maybe double wrap the tinfoil n they wuda been perfect. But still only 3 failed n filled up with water. Otherwise some got alil bit of moisture beads on sode wall but ive had tht with alot of mine n they do ok i jus keep em upside down. But yea here is the ones tht failed lmao look at how full of water one is lol. There isnt even any agar formed its jus colored water hahaha.
View media item 1815488
View media item 1815489
View media item 1815490
View media item 1815491
Then here is the start of the second flush of my minitub. Hopefully this is a sign tht they r guna be bigger this round. Im spraying it down slightly a few times the past 2 days n faning it out acouple times a day. In hopes tht helps them get bigger.
View media item 1815492
View media item 1815493

The newest member of the family....

View media item 1815557
View media item 1815558
View media item 1815559
Big Difference in One Day with Oysters
Nice job off to a gud start man they look so cool blue colored like tht lol but yea c9ngrats on getting it to take off real nice job. An speaking of blue oysters lol i actually had a question about mine. Jus wondering how long did ur take to inoculate n start fruiting? Cause ive had mine in the fruiting chamber for over a month an still nuthn an now its getting this yellow jelly like shit building up all over. Is this no gud or whats wrong with this thing? Or is it normal to look like this?
View media item 1815676
View media item 1815677
View media item 1815678
But yea here is a few mre fruits from my multistrain mini mono. An i took out the top puff ball in the mono to help increase air flow cause once i started leaving the lid cracked a bit they started getting alil bigger it looks like so i left one of the puff balls on top out to see if tht dnt help. N then sprayed it down some to plus did alil fanning. So hopefully this all helps n they get bigger then last time lmao.
View media item 1815682
View media item 1815681
View media item 1815680
Then here got my corrilades i think is how its spelt correct me if im wrong lol. But is this what u meant when it stops branching out tht its ready for harvest or shud i let her go sum more?
View media item 1815679

My blue oyster block started Pinning on Day 5ish, a small spot and gets big quickly. I think I'm on Day 7 almost 8 days. A month is too long, something is off, maybe more Air flow or Fanning. I also prefer small slices and I flip my block upside down so the bottom is the top(the bottom has better moisture content). It looks like your cuts are drying the block out, if it hasn't fruited yet it probably won't from that cut. I would duct tape any holes you have and flip it and make very small cuts in the bag. Hopefully you can get it to fruit.

Your Coral Tooth is looking Nice, I have two blocks of Coralloides fruiting currently, I'm hoping for a big one now that I have everything Dialed in.

Back
Top Bottom