Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

My blue oyster block started Pinning on Day 5ish, a small spot and gets big quickly. I think I'm on Day 7 almost 8 days. A month is too long, something is off, maybe more Air flow or Fanning. I also prefer small slices and I flip my block upside down so the bottom is the top(the bottom has better moisture content). It looks like your cuts are drying the block out, if it hasn't fruited yet it probably won't from that cut. I would duct tape any holes you have and flip it and make very small cuts in the bag. Hopefully you can get it to fruit.

Your Coral Tooth is looking Nice, I have two blocks of Coralloides fruiting currently, I'm hoping for a big one now that I have everything Dialed in.
Ok kool thanx man for all the help much appreciated.

So here we got a biggen i jus took down from the tub as well as some smallies lol. But yea guna print these ones specially tht big one. Why does it have tht white chunk of fuzz on top lol n so dark like one dropped spores above it but there were nun as tall as this one so what is tht nlack shit on top of the cap?
View media item 1815779
View media item 1815780
View media item 1815781

Looks like the stem grew through the Cap and probably brought spores(definitely spores on the Cap) with it and fairy dusted your cap. Mutants happen all the time it's No big deal. Take a Q tip and test, spore color should be Purple to Purplish-Brown.

Looks like the stem grew through the Cap and probably brought spores(definitely spores on the Cap) with it and fairy dusted your cap. Mutants happen all the time it's No big deal. Take a Q tip and test, spore color should be Purple to Purplish-Brown.

Oh yeavery purplish lmao its all over my fingers i dnt even need the q-tip hahaha. So here is my other 66qt tub on day 11. Think its ready for fruiting conditions or shud i let it 100% completely cover the top.
View media item 1815840

Looking Good, give it 3 days and see how it's doing. I'm betting it will be ready for fruiting by Sunday or Monday.
Ok cuz here it is 2day as of now i turned the heat up some over where it was at was like 68 so now got it up 2 like 75 to 78°f
View media item 1815938
Also is this what it shud look like when its ready 4 harvest or shud i let the spike tooth keep going some more?
View media item 1815939
View media item 1815940
View media item 1815941
View media item 1815942
View media item 1815943

You can harvest those Coralloides, use a knife and cut them off of the block. You can slice them up and Pan fry them saute style. I'm mushroom fruits heavy right now, I have a half pound of Chestnuts(2nd Flush) going to spaghetti tomorrow, a Nice serving of Kings for Tomorrow morning, and 1.8 pounds of Shiitake I just harvested yesterday. Also harvested the Blue Oysters(.8 or just over 3/4s of a lb) this morning and had some for breakfast. I also put a F+ extra AGAR tray in the Martha, pretty fast colonizer and rhizomorphic. :volcano-smiley:

View media item 1815946
View media item 181594510 Days Colonizing

You can harvest those Coralloides, use a knife and cut them off of the block. You can slice them up and Pan fry them saute style. I'm mushroom fruits heavy right now, I have a half pound of Chestnuts(2nd Flush) going to spaghetti tomorrow, a Nice serving of Kings for Tomorrow morning, and 1.8 pounds of Shiitake I just harvested yesterday. Also harvested the Blue Oysters(.8 or just over 3/4s of a lb) this morning and had some for breakfast. I also put a F+ extra AGAR tray in the Martha, pretty fast colonizer and rhizomorphic. :volcano-smiley:

View media item 1815946
View media item 181594510 Days Colonizing
Dang man thts lookn great for only 10 days congrats. Are those psychedelic kinds of mushies or edibles? Either way nice job they r a fast colonizer 4 sure.

Holy shizz my man u got alot going over there lol. I cant wait till i get my setup up an running like tht lol. So how do i take a print of the Coralloides to be able 2 continue thos strain an not lose it? Or can u not take prints of these kinds of mushrooms?

An here we got my other monotub i flipped it to fruiting 2day instead of waiting another day cause i was seeing little white dots popping up tht i thought mite be from a type of mold. Cause my other tubs tht failed all started with these lil white dots on top of the soil n then wud turn green an othercolors. Bit yea i wasnt sure if it was the starting of pins or mold so was like fuk it ill flip a day earlier. Im in hopes of starting fruiting sooner so tht it creates mushies b4 the mold pops up 2bad lol. But yea are a few pins since i flipped the lights on this morning.
View media item 1816150
View media item 1816149
View media item 1816148
View media item 1816147

Dang man thts lookn great for only 10 days congrats. Are those psychedelic kinds of mushies or edibles? Either way nice job they r a fast colonizer 4 sure.

Holy shizz my man u got alot going over there lol. I cant wait till i get my setup up an running like tht lol. So how do i take a print of the Coralloides to be able 2 continue thos strain an not lose it? Or can u not take prints of these kinds of mushrooms?

An here we got my other monotub i flipped it to fruiting 2day instead of waiting another day cause i was seeing little white dots popping up tht i thought mite be from a type of mold. Cause my other tubs tht failed all started with these lil white dots on top of the soil n then wud turn green an othercolors. Bit yea i wasnt sure if it was the starting of pins or mold so was like fuk it ill flip a day earlier. Im in hopes of starting fruiting sooner so tht it creates mushies b4 the mold pops up 2bad lol. But yea are a few pins since i flipped the lights on this morning.
View media item 1816150
View media item 1816149
View media item 1816148
View media item 1816147
I have two TAZ clones going(One is pinning) and a 3rd Gen AGAR transfer leftovers of F+ or AKA Florida White. All extra AGAR cultures from transfers. A good way to make sure your culture is clean as well.

I have two TAZ clones going(One is pinning) and a 3rd Gen AGAR transfer leftovers of F+ or AKA Florida White. All extra AGAR cultures from transfers. A good way to make sure your culture is clean as well.

Oh shit lmao i have some F+ my self i didnt know it was called florida white lol kool. An when u say its a good way to make sure ur culture is clean as well. Do you mean by doing agar transfers u can tell b4 u add them to ur jar if its contaminated versus if u do a mss udnt know if its contamed or not? Or do i not understand right? Also for my corrilades i got right now how do i harvest it do i cut open the bag n take whats inside as well or do i jus cut off the outside parts n leave whats inside the bag to start another flush or what do i do?
View media item 1816167
View media item 1816168
Oh also do u set ur blue oyster block in water cause mine said to set it in a tray of 1 inch of water but its starting to get green so shud i change the water?
View media item 1816169
View media item 1816170
View media item 1816172
View media item 1816171

If you just want One flush you can cut the bag and get everything, or just cut the fruits outside of the bag and go for a few flushes it's up to you.

That Blue Oyster block water doesn't look good, I've never soaked an Oyster block so I'm not sure. I'd at least change that water(it could be metabolites with that yellowish green tint), the yellowing on the block is normal for Blue Oysters. I would cut two small slices on the bottom side that is Up, that's what I do. I just fold the bag underneath the block. The block should PIN in 3 or 4 days, and done in 7 or 8 they are a fast fruiting strain.

If you just want One flush you can cut the bag and get everything, or just cut the fruits outside of the bag and go for a few flushes it's up to you.

That Blue Oyster block water doesn't look good, I've never soaked an Oyster block so I'm not sure. I'd at least change that water(it could be metabolites with that yellowish green tint), the yellowing on the block is normal for Blue Oysters. I would cut two small slices on the bottom side that is Up, that's what I do. I just fold the bag underneath the block. The block should PIN in 3 or 4 days, and done in 7 or 8 they are a fast fruiting strain.

Yea i did the small slits on the side tht is up an ok ill change the water out idk why its not fruiting out. Also how do i take. A spore print of the Coralloides or can u not take a print of those?

Yea i did the small slits on the side tht is up an ok ill change the water out idk why its not fruiting out. Also how do i take. A spore print of the Coralloides or can u not take a print of those?
I haven't tried yet, the spores are released from the coral like spears or teeth. I know the print is White, I'm going to test very soon since I have 4 Coral Tooth left with 2 fruiting. I already have most of my species on AGAR. I just did 20 more plates tonight actually. Playing with AGAR is Enjoyable... I get a kick out of it. :volcano-smiley:

I have only printed the Chestnut for long term backup(and on AGAR) and it was TOO easy(Spore fest, Chestnut has no problem printing).

I haven't tried yet, the spores are released from the coral like spears or teeth. I know the print is White, I'm going to test very soon since I have 4 Coral Tooth left with 2 fruiting. I already have most of my species on AGAR. I just did 20 more plates tonight actually. Playing with AGAR is Enjoyable... I get a kick out of it. :volcano-smiley:

I have only printed the Chestnut for long term backup(and on AGAR) and it was TOO easy(Spore fest, Chestnut has no problem printing).
So what do u think i shud do jus put it on some tinfoil an hope for the best lol

So ive been trying with very little success mind u lol to figure out how to take a spore print from the Coralloides. Its almost like they dont want us to stay informed n are tryn to keep us dumbed dwn as much as possible. But from what i could find i found sumthn tht kinda led me to an idea tht it mite work for these as well it said this.mFor fungi without gills or pores, like Morchella species wrap the mushroom in folded baking paper to catch the spores as they float off.

So would this idea maybe work for the Coralloides mushroom or no?

Worst case scenario you take a clone from one of the coralloide fruits(to AGAR). I would try the traditional way(flip it over on the spears and or teeth) and I like the baking sheet idea. Give both ideas a whirl, I haven't yet so you are in unchartered waters. :)

Worst case scenario you take a clone from one of the coralloide fruits(to AGAR). I would try the traditional way(flip it over on the spears and or teeth) and I like the baking sheet idea. Give both ideas a whirl, I haven't yet so you are in unchartered waters. :)

Ok good thing im getting some agar jars ready lol. I had a feeling i was guna need sum xtra jars ready haha. Speaking of agar jars this is the new way im guna try this time to sterilize the jars in the p.c after pouring. Cuz the jars tht i did last time tht made it threw fine tht is r perfectly clean cultures no mold or nuthn. So this time i double wrapped in tinfoil n used some ring lids to hold the jars above the water like this.
View media item 1816391
View media item 1816390
Oh an i ended up with a bigger harvest with the 2nd flush versus the 1st. An its not even fully done there are a few lil straglers i was letting finish up but yea so far got like 25 grams or so. So not to bad im jus glad i was able 2 get some good spore prints. So i can continue these gud strains out. I didnt wana lose the A.P.E. or B+ or the albino A+ were the ones i was most worried about cuz they were the last of my mss n i had no agar jarsof those strains yet so was worried. But not now i got prints an i got some agar samples going. So ill be gud for awhile now.
View media item 1816392

Back
Top Bottom