PTSd's #1 Grow - 6 x Buddha Assorted Auto Fem - Dealer Cash Crop 4.0 - CFL - LED?

For future reference:
61jmGLKSTzL_SL1000_.jpg

Budding stretch is in full swing on 3 of the 6, the other two are close behind.

The little runt (Nicknamed "Stymie") in the center of the front row, that sprouted a 4 days behind everybody else, seems to be hanging on.
Over the past month, I thought to just pull it out but it never showed any signs of disease or deficiency, male or Hermie, just excruciatingly slow to develop. And..... just today, sprouted some genuine magic hairs.

So, 6/6 so far, from the Buddha 10-pack... And WAY less $ than going to the dispensary or street.

The are happy again, indeed. And despite the heavy thinning of older lower leaves, they are again taking up water (and nutrients) at an alarming rate. I'm topping up my reservoir with a quart a day.

I'm getting a bit squirrely on timing though. In 3 weeks, they come down so I have ample time to harvest, and dry and at least start the cure before I head out of town for three months. If I can at least get them dried enough to store in jars without molding, I can at least bring the jars with me and vent them regularly.

I _could_ theoretically (quite easily actually) bring the cabinet with me in my camper and power it off the deep-cycle marine batteries and solar panels. Somehow, I don't think it would be wise for me to be rolling through 8 States with 6 live plants in cultivation. I'd just feel too much like Mr. White & Jesse, and their rolling MethLab/RV.

I remember in flower I was adding a couple cups of water a day when I hydro'd. Sounds like it's using it!

I'm at about 3 weeks left too, since your doing edibles and tinctures you probably could harvest right before you leave. Hang to dry for a week then jar.

Could probably hang to dry in the rv, and jar on the road. Yea that's a bit sketchy crossing 8 states, but it sounds like an awesome time!

I'm always worried I harvest early, but I don't know my genetics like you do. So I just have to watch the plant for signs it's done.

So I just have to watch the plant for signs it's done.

The hope is to snip any amber-trichome'd buds as they come ready to get a jump on it, and open up more space (= light) for the remaining ladies.

My last month here I'm committed to daily travel to various sights around the region.
And then I'm gone for two solid months on the road... already planning January's grow, when I return.

Sounds like a cool gig. I never thought to clip buds as they mature, I always just did the whole thing

I'm seeing a bunch of orange hairs now, in only about a day. So I think we might be getting close, I think it has a couple more weeks. Maybe 3 with the flush

I never thought to clip buds as they mature, I always just did the whole thing

My thinking is that, if they are mature they could come off, and make "room" (light, water & nutrients) for the developing buds behind them.

Either way, I'm anxious to test the fruits of my labors, and I just realized that I have < 2g of extract left, and a few very tough weeks I'm preparing for!

I still don't really know what I'm doing, running more by intuition and nutrient schedules, and scouring this board for affirmations that I'm doing things right. But due to storms in the area I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the past two night so I feel empowered. Upon my return, I felt compelled to give the ladies a small thinning of fan leaves, as it was getting quite bushy in there. As I was poking around, I discovered the centers of the plants were all uncomfortably moist, and for lack of a better word felt stagnant. So my OCD got the better of my ADHD and it ended up being what could only be described as a deforestation! Just about every fan leaf from every node that had a bud forming there.

Pretty much all that remains are well defined cola's their sugar leaves. Zoinks!

Some Before & After shots:

Before_Haircut.jpeg
After_Haircut.jpeg

05SEP.jpg
Home_Haircut.jpeg

And a big pile of fan leaves to add to the kitty, to try and extract a bit of goodness out of:
Chum.jpeg

I either prevented some serious mold/fungus problems, or killed my plants, or something in between.

And I found UPS left the second Quasar LED waiting for me on the front stump so that went in the box, and a spare fizzle stone and airline went in under the roots after a good soak in clear water, before refilling.

Just put them down for their afternoon nap, we'll see how the look when they wake up.

Hmm maybe, or maybe a warming mat for the reservoir?
Big bucket of cold water in there. Big heat sink too.

Fall temperatures definately rolled in behind the storms that passed through!

Even with both Quasar's inside the cabinet, and the Mar-300 mounted up top, I'm at a cool 74 at bud-top height in the cabinet, while the ambient temperature in the yurt is 60, and dropping.

With the overnight low expected to be 44, I think it is definately time to take this advice, and install that heating mat! I've got an electric mattress heater for myself, why shouldn't the ladies as well?

Thats ~460watts in that box right now roughly? Killer

I like to think in terms of Lumens vs Watts, which is why I was looking for detailed specs on the "Quasar 20W" but that sounds about right for "equivalent watts". Actual Watts (consumed) is more on the order of 150-175

Give them a few day after that haircut, might have stressed em a bit.

Looking pretty healthy this morning despite the COLD ambient temperatures last night.

MorningAfterHaircut.jpeg

At 0400 this morning it was 45F ambient, and only 66 inside the cabinet!
And that was with the seedling mat under the reservoir.

ColdMorning.jpeg

But they are taller than I thought which is cool

They stretched more last night, than all of last week combined.

Could be from: more light, the hard defoliation, reservoir flush, fresh nutrients, or any/all of the above.

I have been following the posts for both of you guys, and it looks like you both have some awesome plants going on. I am on my second grow with the CC4.0 and all is going well, but i"m really interested to see what kind of harvest you two get with the LEDs. I might have to invest in some of those lights

Pretty rare for me be to "home" while the sun is still up, so I finally got a picture with some natural lighting, no flash.
NaturalLight12Sep.jpeg

And the freaky fuzzballs the buds look like with the flash:
Flash12Sep.JPG

Ladies are doing really really well!

Comparing now, with the addition of a height line scribbled on the back wall:
Height_12Sep.JPG

to just 16 hours ago:
MorningAfterHaircut.jpeg

That lady in the back right corner is making a fast run towards the lights. She's just 2" shy of hitting the 18" (from the top) line.

Wow im kinda surprised to see stretch this late in flower, but I guess it could happen.

They do look better from 16hrs ago. Less droopy leafs more up facing perky leafs!

The one in the back left looks pale in the natural light pic, and the leafs are not happy looking. What's goin on back there?

The one in the back left looks pale in the natural light pic, and the leafs are not happy looking. What's goin on back there?

Yes, It's just that one plant and it has always given these symptoms, well before the others. I attribute it to genetics, perhaps she just needs more love than her sisters... Kinda like the "high maintenance girlfriend".... There really is nothing else to account for just one plant of the 6 to show it, is there?

This AM, I added my daily top-up with an extra pinch of Mag/Cal directly at the base of _that_ plant, thinking as it percolates through the root plug, that plant might get an extra boost? I dunno but it sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom