Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Grow

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

They're not hempy buckets. They are DWC's but either way I hate soil. It brings too many bugs and takes too long, and the roots can only grow as far as the container allows. Hydro is much better but you have to babysit the nutes and if you screw it up, its hard to recover. I've also learned to not add nutes to soil in flower until the first 2 of the last 4 weeks. Keeps more leaves green if you do it this way. A prime example is the difference in color between the short girls and the tall ones in soil in the flower room.

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

Thanks Slim. I'm hoping the rest in the veg room are female. I put 1 Super Silver Haze in there last night. Its really lanky so I used prop rods to hold up her 4 colas. More pics tomorrow probably so you'll get to see it (hopefully her) tomorrow.

Bed is calling my name...

Same here Free... I'm on the east coast in another medical state but not anywhere as liberal as California. 420 is my new home away from home.

Same here Free... I'm on the east coast in another medical state but not anywhere as liberal as California. 420 is my new home away from home.

We may live in the same area herbs, and yes the laws are not even close to being as liberal as Cali.

i also live on the east side but its not even close to becoming legal here i dont think lol

Wow Herb, that's a heck of a line-up you've got going there... like the Old Lady that lived in the Shoe :grinjoint:

Someday...

:peace:

Thanks Horse and 52.

52 I'm using MG Organic soil and I'm sure it brought the bugs. The other reason I don't like it is the plants root system is limited to the size of the pot. In hydro, the roots grow free. Just a concern of mine.

I just hung some more lights and I have a photo. Total light usage is now 322 Watts. 4 27W daylight (5000K) CFL's, 2 27W True Color (5500K) CFL's and 4 40W Cool White (4000K) 4' T12 Fluro Tubes. Nice range in the spectrum now on the blue side of things. Had some soft white (2700K) hanging in here before, but the plants didn't seem to respond to it until flower. They are great for flower though. But anyway, here's some pics. Also took some more clones... :)

veg-room-with-cfls.jpg

Top View
veg-top-view.jpg

And the clones.. 5 definite females from Purple Power and 6 Super Silver Haze unconfirmed. 4 were taken from the lanky plant in the flower room so I will know soon if they are keepers. Hope so.
new-clones1.jpg

SNOW!?!?!? I don't even want to think about snow. I'm going deep sea fishing on Sunday. Not that its tropical here or anything but you must live in Vermont, NH, or Maine

52 I'm using MG Organic soil and I'm sure it brought the bugs. The other reason I don't like it is the plants root system is limited to the size of the pot. In hydro, the roots grow free. Just a concern of mine.

I believe the pot will only limit root system size (therefor plant size/bud production) if you do not properly scale pot size/soil (or soil-less) medium to the size plant you intend to grow. The general rule of thumb is 1 gal soil to 1 foot plant height, so a 3 footer is ideally in a 3 gal pot (different plants/strains having some variability in this, but this is where to start). In my experience and what I have read, if you wind up with a 3 foot plant in a 4 or 5 gal pot there is more volume of soil and space than is needed for that plants root system, which you can fully tell because their water consumption does not increase, their size does not increase, and total harvest does not increase. Therefor its easy to infer that simply soil in a pot does not have a limiting factor on root system size. Of coarse putting too big of a plant in too small of a pot will limit everything, but once you figure out how to tailor the plant height to pot size accordingly, you don't have to worry about pot size limiting growth.

Here's a plant Hempy says he grew in a 2 gal bucket!

Hempy.jpg

Here's a plant Hempy says he grew in a 2 gal bucket!

Hempy.jpg

LMAO!! I did say a general rule of thumb...lol, but that is fricken off the charts...but great point, a 2 gal bucket can contain enough root system for a 5'+ monster if you do it right. Im really gonna have to give hempies a try here soon!! or is that soil/soil-less? wither way I still want to try hempy buckets!

LMAO!! I did say a general rule of thumb...lol, but that is fricken off the charts...but great point, a 2 gal bucket can contain enough root system for a 5'+ monster if you do it right. Im really gonna have to give hempies a try here soon!! or is that soil/soil-less? wither way I still want to try hempy buckets!

Not only is that a 2gal bucket, but Hempy said it was 7' tall and 9' wide! Check out the hempy thread here... it's getting wide open :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom