Super Skunk

Hate to say it, but (insert long explanation here) I bought Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 and Sensi Seeds Super Skunk in the same purchase. When I grew the Skunk @1 seeds, I took them out of the plastic ziplokk pack to germinate and noticed that the tag inside said Skunk #1 auto, even though the pack was labeled properly. Not only did those start to flower under 18/6 and all five were female (I bought regular seeds), but in the end they smelled nothing like Skunkweed and yielded poorly.
All five of these are under a 250 watt MH/HPS type bulb (Agrosun)

0042401.JPG

and as soon as I can verify it on the last one, I will confirm that these are all five female and also flowering under 18/6. :(

0052273.JPG
0062001.JPG
0071874.JPG
0081699.JPG
0091512.JPG

I'm pulling them out of the cold root problem that led to the waterlogged soil and I'm going to finish them out, but I can't even tell you if they're Skunk plants or not. What a drag..... :straightface:

Damn man, that sucks. Not something you expect from a well established breeder. Were they bought directly from Sensi or a seedbank?

Maybe time to start shopping around again.

I've always had great service from Bonza.

I hope so :)
After the flush I decided to foliar feed these with aerated tea (a processed chicken manure based one). I put some in the soil too. Here's three pics to show all five of them:

0081702.JPG
0091514.JPG
0101388.JPG

I've used that tea on my outside planrs before and it's great; if anything can pull them out of it, this will. :thumb:

Well this grow isn't going the best. :(
I think I can pull them out of it, but they stalled from the flushing. I pulled the shade leaves from all five plants, and in 1-3 days I'm going to put them under a 400 watt HPS set at 11.5/12.5. That unit has a lower rH, so these pots should dry out quicker plus if they're autos (which I still believe, but the stall makes it hard to tell) I want them under my HPS for flower. The four yellower plants in the bottom row and the yellow one above are the Super Skunk plants:

0012776.JPG

Here they are under a 400 watt HPS set at 11.5/12.5 (the Super Skunk plants are the four plants in the back row and the one plant on the right):

0022688.JPG

Even stalled from the flush, coming out they all still look like they were doing female hairs at 18/6. They're almost dry enough to feed again.

Yeah I think so too I wish they weren't autos though :) Here they are, looking a little recovered and starting to green up again (the plant that's in front and further into flower is my Ak47 clone):

0012786.JPG

I fed them aerated manure tea two days ago and they're starting to grow again. :thumb:

Hopefully they give you some nice fat buds.

Sending positive vibes.

Hey what's up? :)
They're already starting to pick up some. I think I'm going to finish these out with AN's Iguana Juice bloom formula. The rest of my GO base formula was rotten so I had to toss it (the bloom went bad too), and the only other full nute program I have is FF. I don't want to switch to chem. All my other grows are just add water ones so it would be a waste to make aerated teas for just 5 plants. I'll get a pic up soon.

Important note: I have to be wrong on these being autos; the reason that the one plant wasn't showing yet is because it was male. I confirmed it with a magnifying glass this morning (sorry for not taking pics but a few of the flowers looked close to opening and I wanted to get it out of there quick). There isn't one female hair on that plant, and I don't think there are auto male seeds. I'm thinking they would have to be regular seeds. This is the first time I've ever seen the male flower later than the females. I can't believe I got a four-to-one female to male ratio either; wow.
Here are the tops of the four females:

0012796.JPG
0022704.JPG
0032598.JPG
0042427.JPG

They grow almost straight up with minimal side branching, at least so far. :thumb:

These seem to bulk up fast :thumb: I transplanted them into 2 gallon pots of SSM#4 Advanced today here's the whole group (with 3 more plants):

0022717.JPG

I think I'm going to like the second one the best:

0032609.JPG
0042435.JPG
0052303.JPG
0062031.JPG

It looks more Sativa dominant and I was told to keep an eye out for that one. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom