GrowDad's Blue Berries & Super Skunk Grow 2020

My plan for now is to ph down some tap water. Currently out of the tap the ph is 8.3. So I am taking it down to 6.6 which is in line with Fox Farms recommendation (6.5-6.8) since I am using their dirt and nutes (in time).
Currently they are bottle fed with ph of 6.9.

When it rains I will gather up rainwater. Rather use "God's juice":Namaste: instead of the tap but whatever, we try what works. :Namaste:

Day 6
Plants are coming along, here is the first blueberrie
The runt blueberrie has finally opened

Take a look at this Superskunk... looks like light burn, I backed up on the light... tell me what you think?

This is the other Superskunk

Lights are about 14" or so... should I back them up?
They look good. Tips will burn n fold if its to hot. If your temps good at seedling height you lamp should be okay.

Day 7 - Checking in on the girls.. Blueberries is the unlabled pic. Overall I think they are looking pretty good.

Currently just watering no nutes. Theory here is to use the nutes from the FF Ocean soil. Once they get a bit bigger, I will begin nutes.

Attachments

• day 7.jpg
    day 7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • day 7 superskunk sassy .jpg
    day 7 superskunk sassy .jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • day 7 blueberries runt .jpg
    day 7 blueberries runt .jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • day 7 superskunk lass.jpg
    day 7 superskunk lass.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
good job on not using any nutes now that is 100% right.

Personally I wait until I see the distinct green color leaching from the leaves and then start at a ~1/4 strength and write down the EC or ppm of that feed for future reference if it was not enough or too much. Usually by write it down I just post it on my journal as I can never keep track of paper :rofl:

Even the runt is improving slowly I think

Day 8. All the girls are doing really well.

Current temps: 76 (avg) RH: 50% (Avg)

So here's the thing, the humidity just wants to be at 50%. So i say to hell with it. the Girls are doing well, and I don't want to fight it. They are weeds, so they will adjust.

They got a treat with some rain water (Ph 6.3 from the sky). When I run out of that its back to tap for them! LOL
The storage closet has been a real blessing. Plenty of space, nice breeze in the room. I can sit in there have a smoke with them and watch them grow.

Now the other blueberrie which doesnt have a name, is just doing her thing. Nothin special nothing exciting coming from her yet. Shall we call her " Karen?" LMAO

Attachments

• day 8 lass SS.jpg
    day 8 lass SS.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • day 8 runt BB.jpg
    day 8 runt BB.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • day 8 Sassy SS.jpg
    day 8 Sassy SS.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • day 8 BB #2.jpg
    day 8 BB #2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Day 9
Getting really close to being in actual "Veg" stage.
The Super skunks "Sassy and Lass" growing quickly.
The feminized Super Skunks strain come from a blend of Skunk1 x Afghani. It has equal parts of sativa and Indica. This is a High supplies strain.

The Blue berries is a feminized strain of the Original Blueberry(Chocolate Thai x Highland Oaxacan Gold x Afghani) cross bred with Northern Lights Special. This too is a high supplies strain. However this strain is heavy indica (from Northern Lights Special).

The sativa properties is surely behind the rapid growth. Surprisingly, thou it is not stretching.... Getting pretty exciting watching them grow.
All four are taking up a lot of water!:drool: I go through almost a gallon a day! Been using a moisture meter and can confirm they are taking up the water and it shows, they look great! :circle-of-love::love::yahoo:. Will be giving them a full soak here soon. I want these roots to spread out and look for the water. Per Emilya's watering techniques.

I'll sit in GrowDad. Your girls are doing really well.
The storage closet has been a real blessing. Plenty of space, nice breeze in the room. I can sit in there have a smoke with them and watch them grow.

Circulating air in your grow room will be very important so don't forget to put an oscillating fan of some sort in there. The fan is helpful to stimulate their stem strength, provides some amount of cooling and helps to deter pests.

Getting pretty exciting watching them grow.

I hope you never lose the passion.
:green_heart:

I'll sit in GrowDad. Your girls are doing really well.

Circulating air in your grow room will be very important so don't forget to put an oscillating fan of some sort in there. The fan is helpful to stimulate their stem strength, provides some amount of cooling and helps to deter pests.

I hope you never lose the passion.
:green_heart:
Thanks Jim, I have have 3 fans all girls are swaying in the breeze.

Day 10

Avg Temp: 77
Avg RH: 49% - They are enjoying themselves with this, so we are gonna ride it out.

Got plenty of rain the other day, collected about a gallon. Tested the ph and it came in at 6.3. I know I shouldnt have to test it but i have a Tester Pen so why not! LOL

The Girls are looking good I think.
Lets start of with Karen. She has become Karen(BB) because she is just kind of Meh... she taking her time doing her thing, aint nothin sexy about her but so far she is cruising right along.

Lass (SS) - She is surely not a lazy ass... she is getting nice fat leaves and appears with a new daily. She isnt stretching so i think she is pretty comfortable where she is at right now.

Runt(BB) - Now coming off the seed issue left her with some deformed leaves, but she is coming on strong to already catch up to her sister Karen.

Sassy (SS) Now this girl is going to be a thick girl. She is looking all bushy with leaves on top of leaves..She has some fat ass leaves putting her self on display... she is still fatter than her sister Lass.

Yesterday i gave them a healthy drink and I am waiting longer than I normally do it give them all another drink. So far so good they are still responding well, I assume now their roots have hit the nutes in the soil with the increasing speed of growth.

Take a look, thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave any comments or advice.

Attachments

• day 10 karen.jpg
    day 10 karen.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • day 10 lass.jpg
    day 10 lass.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • day 10 runt.jpg
    day 10 runt.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • day 10 sassy.jpg
    day 10 sassy.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Day 11
Early evening day 10 I gave the girls a full water. To the point run off was achieved.

So this morning I check on the girls, and note:
Average temps 77.5 degrees
RH: 52% (due to the full water no less)

So this is where I need some guidance and let me know if I should adjust:

Water combination of rain/tap. PH is always tested on both. NO NUTES ADDED TO WATER
The water sometimes is 6.3 but generally 6.6.
Tap water is adjusted down to an avg PH of 6.5 - 6.6.
This morning got me thinking....

What is the PH of the water in the run off? So I decided to test the run off here are the results:

SS - "Lass" - Run off PH 5.6
BB- "Runt" - Run off PH 5.3
SS - "Sassy" - Run off PH 5.4
BB - "Karen" - Run off PH 5.4

Now can someone tell me what this means? Is it good? Is it bad? Can someone provide me with an explanation in your response?

Thanks!!!

Day 11
Early evening day 10 I gave the girls a full water. To the point run off was achieved.

So this morning I check on the girls, and note:
Average temps 77.5 degrees
RH: 52% (due to the full water no less)

So this is where I need some guidance and let me know if I should adjust:

Water combination of rain/tap. PH is always tested on both. NO NUTES ADDED TO WATER
The water sometimes is 6.3 but generally 6.6.
Tap water is adjusted down to an avg PH of 6.5 - 6.6.
This morning got me thinking....

What is the PH of the water in the run off? So I decided to test the run off here are the results:

SS - "Lass" - Run off PH 5.6
BB- "Runt" - Run off PH 5.3
SS - "Sassy" - Run off PH 5.4
BB - "Karen" - Run off PH 5.4

Now can someone tell me what this means? Is it good? Is it bad? Can someone provide me with an explanation in your response?

Thanks!!!
So I did a bit of self research, and discovered the following info graphic. Based on this info graphic my girls are considered within the extreme Ph as range as exhibited here:
Runoff-pH-Infographic.png
Runoff-pH-Infographic.png

Now that being said, I think this is a definite problem that i have but I do not think I am going to do anything about it. Here's why:
These plants are in their second week of life. Based on the nutrients that are already in the soil where the Ph is balanced around 6.3.
The Extreme Ph graphic would indicate that the plant is either under/over fed. Since I have not fed these plants other than what is in the soil. This means the plants are currently overfed. This makes me suspect that the roots have not made significant progress to the soil just yet. Therefore being "overfed". There is zero chance that these ladies have used up the nutes in the soil within 2 weeks. Unlikely. So my plan is to keep the course. Let the plant work her way through it until her roots are fully engaged in the soil....

This is my hypothesis:lot-o-toke:... If y'all think I have smoked too much and reconsider my plan please please let me know. :ganjamon:

Day 12

Morning folks... Wakin bake this morning has got me really high. :lot-o-toke:

You know I am not sure if it's the weed or just me, but watching the ladies grow is, while enjoyable, drives me nuts. I always seem to be meticulously inspecting each young lady. The slightest changes I start to freak out. For instance I noticed that two of the fan leaves (originals) are turning weird... All the other leaves are fine. I'm trying to tell myself that things will occur and I may be just over analyzing.

Does this happen to y'all?

I always get weird fans, sounds like you need to smoke more, I find dabs really do the trick :laugh: just look if it is too much food or too little and take a guess what it might be. after that slowly try correct and give 2 weeks at least before anything changes. Peace and calmness is where it is at, I nearly broke 4 inches of a top budding cola off but took a fat dab and said eh and continued my day after a little tape job with packing tape :rofl: :headbanger:

You know I am not sure if it's the weed or just me, but watching the ladies grow is, while enjoyable, drives me nuts. I always seem to be meticulously inspecting each young lady. The slightest changes I start to freak out. For instance I noticed that two of the fan leaves (originals) are turning weird... All the other leaves are fine. I'm trying to tell myself that things will occur and I may be just over analyzing.

Does this happen to y'all?
It's probably the weed. If you ever had any damaging pests before I'd be looking really close. If not you might be over analyzing.

When I see something odd and I don't have any idea what happened I just note it in my written log and revisit the issue next day. So many times young plants will grow out of slight mutations. Sometimes the first run of any strain is a learning process for the grower.

I am unable to control much in my tent during summer months so I just have to live with it. Enjoy your day.

It's probably the weed. If you ever had any damaging pests before I'd be looking really close. If not you might be over analyzing.

When I see something odd and I don't have any idea what happened I just note it in my written log and revisit the issue next day. So many times young plants will grow out of slight mutations. Sometimes the first run of any strain is a learning process for the grower.

I am unable to control much in my tent during summer months so I just have to live with it. Enjoy your day.
Thanks Jim, no pests... I figured it was the weed!

I always get weird fans, sounds like you need to smoke more, I find dabs really do the trick :laugh: just look if it is too much food or too little and take a guess what it might be. after that slowly try correct and give 2 weeks at least before anything changes. Peace and calmness is where it is at, I nearly broke 4 inches of a top budding cola off but took a fat dab and said eh and continued my day after a little tape job with packing tape :rofl: :headbanger:
Your right. :Namaste:

DAY 13

Temps: 78
RH : 52%
Lights 18/6

Light distance from plants: 14"
Nutes: 0 (utilizing FF Ocean nutes in soil)
Water: Tap PH down to 6.2-6.6 avg.
Pests: None

Good Morning my fellow farmers.. I added some statistics I thought might be useful so if I stumble along the way one of you fine people can keep me on track.
I am learning as I go... taking what I have gain from everyone here, their journals and such.

It's been 2 days since its full drink, so today it got a surface watering per Emilya :love::Namaste:. By picking up the pots, I can feel there is moisture deep in the middle of the pot so another Surface drink today and maybe by the end of day 14, I give them another drink if needed.

Since its been a couple of days I thought I would share:

First up: Karen - She is coming into her own here.

Next is Sassy: She is definitely the biggest of all the girls, she was the most aggressive and still it... she is getting very bushy with very little vertical growth. :love::circle-of-love:

Runt is doing well... actually hitting a bit of a growth spurt, so gotta keep an eye on her so she doesn't stretch.

Lastly is Lass. Like her sister, she is getting bushy... not showing much vertical growth. But getting bushy... I am not complaining there! :Namaste: :love:

Let me know what you think..... I appreciate all the support.

Stay Hazy my friends.
GrowDad :Namaste::bong:

Back
Top Bottom