GrowDad's Blue Berries & Super Skunk Grow 2020

So My Sassy Super Skunk is now showing her leaves.
Already watering her
The Blueberries 1 and 2 (no names yet) are showing out of the rooters in the dome.
As you can see this one is taking the seed with her and the other is coming out breached.

#2 coming out Breached. Im not going to help her, I feel it will build character LOL :Namaste: Correct me if I am WRONG!!

The Super Skunk #2 I am calling "Lazy Lass" As not appeared.. so she will remain in the dome for a few more days before I give up on her.

So I peaked into see what was going on with lazy lass and discovered she was badly breached and there looked like some mold in there? The rooter was really damp so it's possible, so I'm letting it dry out a bit and see if she will recover or do I toss her?

8/27 Day 3 of the grow.
Sassy SuperSkunk has dropped the helmet and here she is:

Both the Blueberries are getting ready to pop out and On the right, the one I called Lazy Lass has shown me a thing or two and has come further along than the Blueberries.

Knowing all 4 of these will not fit in my grow tent, I am going to convert the room the tent is in into the grow room itself.
But a lesson of patience has been learned. Albeit costly.. (More lights) some Mylar etc..

Why dont I just get a bigger tent? The room I have is oddly shaped any bigger tent would cause more problems than its worth so it became easier just convert the room. Although more room to grow more plants, I will stick with 4 and never worry about space thereafter.

After a couple hours today all girls are showing their leaves, except one of the Blueberries is still working on getting the seed helmet off.
2 super skunks (left) and 2 Blueberries on the far right. All four girls are in my 2x3x5 tent for now. When the get bigger they go to their new home.

Attachments

• girls are potted.jpg
    girls are potted.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Hey my name is Mimi4sho! First time I’m growing What u do while they in there After the seed helmets come off?
Water them, make sure they have plenty of light... I usually am gathering water... watching temps humidity, etc... plus i check in on them they are my lil girls.

Day Four:
Decided to rid my self of the confines of this damn grow tent. It was just too small and retaining too much heat for my liking. In the process of converting half of this storage room to the grow room. The walls are white but waiting on my Mylar to arrive. Also going to add a HLG Quantum board and have my existing lights straddle each side.
The ladies are looking good for little seedlings, so i am keeping an eye on the heat as well as making sure they aren't trying to stretch. Until they get a little more girth, I am going to keep watering them as seedlings it will just be more frequent and allow me more time to spend with these little angels. The one Blueberry's still struggling with the shell... but she is trying really hard.. So far they are still being watered with straight bottled water for now with no nutes. There is micro nutrients in the rooter and the soil so I am just going to let them do their thing. I am also collecting rain water to add in accordingly.
ill post a pic when I finish it.

Still waiting for the Mylar should be tomorrow. In the pick are my Viparspectra 450 on each side of the HLG Quantum 100 board.
Right now I have the viparspectras on bloom so i can gauge any heat. I can put them in Veg (blue) mode for cooler temps.

So far so good everything is looking good. Temps are at 77-78 RH is at 49 - 50%.

Attachments

• with new light.jpg
    with new light.jpg
    723.5 KB · Views: 34
looks great temps are perfect but personally I try get the humidity higher then 50 for small plants. I have read some people say their plants shot right up after adding the humidity and they were usually around 40-50 before. my humidifier was like $20

looks great temps are perfect but personally I try get the humidity higher then 50 for small plants. I have read some people say their plants shot right up after adding the humidity and they were usually around 40-50 before. my humidifier was like $20
What do you suggest?

What do you suggest?
I try stay in the 60-70 % RH zone for plants your size and as they go from seedling to veg I transition closer to the 50-60. There is some fancy reasons and feel free to ask if you want me to find the info but I will post a vpd picture. You are at about 26 C which is amazing but you want to stay in the light blue when/if possible

1598657786972.png

Got you. Just made some adjustments so it should be increasing. Since both of these are indica dominate I figured that they would like it on the drier side. Thanks.

8/27 Day 3 of the grow.
Sassy SuperSkunk has dropped the helmet and here she is:

Both the Blueberries are getting ready to pop out and On the right, the one I called Lazy Lass has shown me a thing or two and has come further along than the Blueberries.

Knowing all 4 of these will not fit in my grow tent, I am going to convert the room the tent is in into the grow room itself.
But a lesson of patience has been learned. Albeit costly.. (More lights) some Mylar etc..

Why dont I just get a bigger tent? The room I have is oddly shaped any bigger tent would cause more problems than its worth so it became easier just convert the room. Although more room to grow more plants, I will stick with 4 and never worry about space thereafter.
I'm pulling up a chair for this one. Flat white paint works well if you don't wanna mess with mylar. You should get some fruity flavors outta those two strains. It going to be fun to watch your grow mature. Good luck

I'm pulling up a chair for this one. Flat white paint works well if you don't wanna mess with mylar. You should get some fruity flavors outta those two strains. It going to be fun to watch your grow mature. Good luck
Yes it's currently flat white. I'm just using mylar just tacking it up on the back wall there.

Day 5: Was hoping to catch some rainwater but alas, no fricking rain. Mylar came in today so I put it up on the backwall only for now. The rest of the room is flat white.
Here's a pic with the mylar.

So the hardest part right now is waiting. The plants are looking good.. The Runt Blueberries finally broke her shell and has some work cut out for herself..

The other Blueberrie is looking good

The Super skunks are doing their thing..

Over all its just making sure they are watered and getting what they need and watching them grow. Hopefully rain will come otherwise I will use the tap water currently sitting out to de-chlorinate then I will adjust the waters ph down to specs.. Other than that... we sit back smoke a few and chill.. :lot-o-toke: :bong: :blunt: :bongrip: :passitleft:

Ok so rain water is ok but tap is better because it has dissolved solids like calcium and magnesium so it has a better Ph and chlorine is needed for healthy growth so no need to let it dissipate that is an old wise tale.
Almost all water treatment facilities have switched to chloramine as it is cheaper due to it not off gassing just from sitting there. Chlorine will dissipate however the chloramine will not naturally dissipate, if you add like 1/8 tsp pure vitamin c/ascorbic acid powder per gallon of tap water and let that sit it will now dissipate like chlorine would and as a added benefit 90%+ of the free chloramine/chlorine is used by the acid and becomes a less violent of a molecule. The free sorta means it is available to interact and this process happens within a few minutes of adding ascorbic acid, I did this until switching to RO

There is not enough chlorine in tap to kill microbiology in soil either.And like i said cannabis plants need all those things to grow properly rain water lacks them.
I thought that any chlorine was a bad thing? I always try avoid tap as I hear in soil it kills the bacteria and in hydro it causes weird ph and lockouts. I am often wrong tho this is just what I thought :Namaste:

Tap vs other options is such a big topic :rofl::laugh::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom