Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Grow

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

From an amateur perspective I can see the N deficiency right off the bat but think it's not the N you have to treat.

It's locked out up top.

A flush of PHed water followed by 3/4 nutes water should be revealing.

A gallon of ph'd water for flush and about half of that of nutes.

That's just what I would try. I'd also recalibrate my ph meter. :bong:

Thanks Saturn but I'm using a ph test solution not a meter

PH of the solution has and will always be between a 5.5 and 6.0

I think I'm under feeding. Her roots are massive and I'm using only 1/2 strength on a 5' x 4' plant. Gonna bump her to full strength and see how she takes to it. I don't want to slow her down.

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

The 5' x 4' monster is now showing some signs of recovery after giving a full strength dose of bloom with a partial mix of grow for the N. Seems to be working nicely and the green is returning to the newer growth. Flowers still a little skimpy though.

The flower room as of today (12/9/10)
flower-room-12-9-10.jpg

Super Silver Haze Flowers getting larger by the day
ssh-flower-12-9-10.jpg

The beast standing alone
the-beast-12-9-10.jpg

The older clones are growing faster than I expected. I will move these into flower as soon as I get some room... lol
clones-12-9-10.jpg

She is really big now!! Amazing!!

Thanks Tmac

I just hope she can produce some fat buds. I definitely under fed her for a few weeks. Now I'm going to push for ripening and hopefully she is done stretching.

High Herbs, your garden is looking good :thumb:

How many days has the beast been flowering? That's a load of budsights!

the-beast-12-9-10.jpg

:peace:

Thanks horse...

she's been flowering for about 40 days. Looking like at least 45 days to go by the lack of density in the flowers. There's a lot of em but I'm hoping they fill in a bit soon. Starting to worry since my soil grown Super Silver Haze has surpassed her even though she's only been flowering since the 15th of Nov. but the stretching definitely delayed the production of dense flowers.

That thing is out of control!
Wow,must have hundreds of little bud sites,the buds might not be huge in the end but u will have alot of them:)

I'm completely fine with a couple hundred 1 - 2 gram nugs, but would of course prefer a couple hundred 5+ gram nugs

I'm gonna keep jacking her full of nutes and hope for some dense buds in the end. Wish I wasn't so careful with her while she was stretching and dosed her earlier, but what can you do?

Thanks for stopping in j4s2u0

What a cool & crazy looking plant! Hope she makes you real happy. We'll be watching. :peace:

Sorry everyone... I was away for business.

Back for the weekend and took some snapshots.

The Clear and Larger DWC - clones are now between 1 and 3 weeks since rooting designated by size obviously although the 2 larger babies are from the monster for sure.
clear-dwc.jpg

Its cool having a clear DWC cause I can see the roots grow also.
clear-dwc-roots2.jpg

clear-dwc-roots1.jpg

Extreme close-up of a root system in the clear DWC. I think its a small clone in the front middle if I remember correctly.
roots-close-up.jpg

And the newer clones - all but 2 have fully rooted into the DWC
clones68.jpg

By the way, everything in DWC's in here have been self sustaining for about 2 weeks without a water change, just a small addition of H20 with 1/4 strength nutes making total strength around a 1/16 in the 4 gallons of H20 that were present in the grey DWC and 1/20 in the 5 gallons in the clear DWC.

Tomorrow, if I get to it, will be a 1/2 change. Half of the used nute water will be emptied and filled back up with 1/2 strength nutes increasing the total potency to around 1/8 and 1/10 strength respectively for the clones.

Also using Liquid Karma from Botanicare as a supplement for all of my DWCs

Everything in here is super green with no issues other than lights being too close to some of the branches.

Also rotated every plant 1/4 turn to ensure even light distribution. Plan to do this every week.

More pics are sure to come of the flower room either tomorrow or sunday. The monster looks like she is fattening up a bit and the flowers are growing slowly but surely. Only been 4 days since I last checked and already a significant change in the flower size. :)

Did you have someone checking on them while you were gone? Or did they just do fine all by themselves? Looking good!

Did you have someone checking on them while you were gone? Or did they just do fine all by themselves? Looking good!

My buddy was checking on them under the green light at night every other day while I was gone. The soil Super Silver Haze was a bit dry when I returned but better than being too wet. She does suck up a lot of H20 so he may have watered her a few days before I got back. I did get a call half way through that he was worried about them , but he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about and they are fine.

On a side note, Purple Power still seems to have trouble growing indoors. The next step is to flower her clones in the DWC and see if they have issues. Starting to love hydro... its like "set it and forget it"

Some flower room pics and Purple Power got chopped today due to the fact that this strain just sucks for indoor growing. It was a month in flower and literally just wasting space. The buds wet for the whole plant were only 1/4 onuce... terrible, but at least they were purple. Other 2 ladies are beauties.

The whole flower room
flower-room-12-20-10.jpg

The big girl by herself
the-big-girl-12-20-10.jpg

Her flowers
monster-flowers.jpg

The SSH and her flowers are fattening up
ssh-flower-12-20-10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom