GrowDad's Blue Berries & Super Skunk Grow 2020

Growdad420

This is my first journal so here goes nothing.
Little bit about me: I grew some lovelies back 10+ years ago with limited knowledge and did not do too bad. I decided to make the attempt again, but this time i was prepared to throw some money at it.
Strains: Blue Berries and Super Skunk (Vendor:High Supplies) Great deals on the seeds but takes about 35 days to get to the states. :nervous-guy:
Both are Hybrids:
Blue Berries are mostly Indica 75/25 Super skunk is mostly Indica 70/30
Indoor Grow
Grow Tent- 2x4x5
Lights - (2) VPS 450W
3 Ga. Smart pots
AC Infinity Cloud Line 6 in exhaust with a G Hydro Carbon filter
Soil
70%FF Ocean mixed 30% Perlite
Cabinet 78*
RH is currently 61%
Soil PH 6.5-6.7
No pests
Watering per Emilya's Watering Techniques
Going to utilize the FF Ocean for first 5 weeks or so before adding FF trio 1/3 of recommended dose to start, and add more based on plants tolerance
Now on my profile page I posted some issues I was having with germination, however now instead of 2 plants I may have four. If that is the case, I will have to scrap the tent and convert the entire closet space into a grow room.

So I have a Blue berries that has sprouted but she has not popped out of the rapid rooters, so she is in the dome with two others ( one of each starting in the rooters).
One young lady "Sassy" Super Skunk has made her debut and she is shown below.

It may end up being a blessing because these lights I have put out some heat so a bigger space would alleviate that. The overall closet space is AC cooled. But until the other ladies show themselves, I will stick with the tent for now.

:Namaste::bong:

Super skunk baby .jpg

:popcorn: off to a great start, I have 4 in a 4x4 space
Thanks heat management will be my issue if I stay in the tent. Both lights can bring the temp up to 80+. If all four take the whole room becomes the grow room (3 x 10 x 8.). I cannot let this huge investment go the wayside due to heat. I have come too far! LOL

Thanks heat management will be my issue if I stay in the tent. Both lights can bring the temp up to 80+. If all four take the whole room becomes the grow room (3 x 10 x 8.). I cannot let this huge investment go the wayside due to heat. I have come too far! LOL
So the closet that the tent is in is AC cooled but you only have one fan for the exhaust and run a passive air intake is this correct? If so maybe the passive air intake is not getting enough of the colder air circulating the tent do you have a second fan to make a active air intake and exhaust?

If you put a fan on the intake I would maybe suggest a 4 inch, it will save money and be easier to keep the tent in a negative pressure thus keeping that smell in and utilizing the carbon scrubbing more

If you put a fan on the intake I would maybe suggest a 4 inch, it will save money and be easier to keep the tent in a negative pressure thus keeping that smell in and utilizing the carbon scrubbing more
Yes I have an I-power 4 inch that is pulling cool air from the room through a carbon filter into the tent.

The tent has 3 passive intakes, with one powered 4 inch intake. Yet still the temp gauge is reading high temps... doesnt feel that way in the tent thou... I also have a 5 inch fan blowing in the tent.

Yes I have an I-power 4 inch that is pulling cool air from the room through a carbon filter into the tent.

The tent has 3 passive intakes, with one powered 4 inch intake. Yet still the temp gauge is reading high temps... doesnt feel that way in the tent thou... I also have a 5 inch fan blowing in the tent.
hmmm all sounds great for reducing the temp, If I measure my temp by lights it is 34 C but at the mid canopy it is 25 C and I use a similar air setup in terms of active intake and exhaust with a passive vent open, I use no AC but can manage even heat waves by keeping fans on 24/7. You said you have a G Hydro Carbon filter on exhaust and also just mentioned a carbon filter on the intake possibly this is restricting air flow if the case? Sorry just tryna think of reasons the LED's are over heating the tent

So currently i have both lights on, the doors of the tent are open and with the lights going I have temps reading 75.
Now when I close the doors the temps climbed to 78.8 so i opened the doors and temps went back down. It must be the lights.. Each light has two fans that cool it down but heat does radiate from the sides. These lights had very good reviews.. I can only surmise the lights in the 2ft deep 4 ft wide space.

I plan on LST the plants and if I truly get 4 sprouted this tent will not suffice. My intent was only two grow two which I think is the right amount for this tent but the lights will keep it heated up if I close the doors.

Most definitely the lights are causing the heat and I would also only have 2 in that tent, it is harder to use the stuff you bought like fans and carbon for smell in a full closet I have no experience there. Also I personally would worry about the plants moisture getting into wood and walls in a closet, is there any way to try a bigger tent :rofl: I use a 4x4x6.2 tent that was cheapest for 4 plants and it works perfect.

You said you have a G Hydro Carbon filter on exhaust and also just mentioned a carbon filter on the intake possibly this is restricting air flow if the case?

and 80.6 F or 27 C is where my thermostat will kick on my ventilation system :Namaste::passitleft::ganjamon:

Most definitely the lights are causing the heat and I would also only have 2 in that tent, it is harder to use the stuff you bought like fans and carbon for smell in a full closet I have no experience there. Also I personally would worry about the plants moisture getting into wood and walls in a closet, is there any way to try a bigger tent :rofl: I use a 4x4x6.2 tent that was cheapest for 4 plants and it works perfect.

You said you have a G Hydro Carbon filter on exhaust and also just mentioned a carbon filter on the intake possibly this is restricting air flow if the case?

and 80.6 F or 27 C is where my thermostat will kick on my ventilation system :Namaste::passitleft::ganjamon:
Yes there is a filter on the intake as well i can take that off and see what it does. There are only the two lights in the tent right now and its producing that heat. As far as the humidity the "closet" is a storage space roughly 4wx10Lx8H that is provided AC through its duct. AC is keeping the room at 72.

RH in the room itself is 48 in the tent its 61 (the rooters are in water)

Yes there is a filter on the intake as well i can take that off and see what it does. There are only the two lights in the tent right now and its producing that heat. As far as the humidity the "closet" is a storage space roughly 4wx10Lx8H that is provided AC through its duct. AC is keeping the room at 72.

RH in the room itself is 48 in the tent its 61 (the rooters are in water)
Yes try taking the carbon filter off the intake, I have a cotton intake filter literally only cloth to keep dust out of the tent, the 2 450 watt lights is that 450 true watt at the wall? I have 2 300 watt lights in a 4x4 canopy, do the lights dim?

What do you mean rooters in water

I have 3 rapid rooters sitting in 1/8 inch of water in a dome per their instructions.
Regarding the lights, I don't think they are true 450 at the wall I would say at a minimum they 340 but I would estimate 360.

I have 3 rapid rooters sitting in 1/8 inch of water in a dome per their instructions.
Regarding the lights, I don't think they are true 450 at the wall I would say at a minimum they 340 but I would estimate 360.
I have taken the filter off the intake. Also testing the accuracy of my temp gauge to make sure it isnt faulty. Then i will monitor tent temps again.

I have never heard of the sitting a seed or seedling in water it sounds weird but if rapid rooter says so i guess
the seed inside the rapid rooter then a skim of water at the bottom to keep the rapid rooter pod moist.

So tested the accuracy of the thermometer and it is accurate. I closed up the tent and temps rocketed up to 80.8 with the exhaust was squeezing the tent inward so I know it is pulling in the air but not enough to bring temps down. I opened the door to the grow tent and the temps are settled in at about 76 and RH at about 48%.

So it made no difference taking the carbon filter off the intake? if all fans on full you can not keep the tent at the same temp as the air you are putting into the tent it seems like somehow it doesn't have enough air flow but it is not the biggest tent so idk why the fan can not suck in the colder air fast enough. Humidity could also be higher for a seedling approx 70% RH is what some use, then 50-60 in veg and work towards as close to 40% for flower

Back
Top Bottom