Jandre2k3's New Organic Soil Adventures - Back To My Roots

Looks good. You know when I throw mine into flower,, I always give them a double dose of cal-mag. And the first couple waterings. They sure use alot during the stretch. Growing girls,, cal/mag builds strong bones,, I mean stems.. GL and Keepem Green

Looks good. You know when I throw mine into flower,, I always give them a double dose of cal-mag. And the first couple waterings. They sure use alot during the stretch. Growing girls,, cal/mag builds strong bones,, I mean stems.. GL and Keepem Green
Added dolomite to the soil along with a little extra oyster shell. That gives me a boost to Ca and Mg. I'm trying to build a soil that needs no amendments, so I tried to think of everything that would be needed for each phase of growth and added minerals that would release when needed. This way I don't need to add chemical salts to boost production. This helps increase the possibility of composting to revitalize after this cycle. I frikkin hate throwing out soil after a use and having to go buy more, so I'll be working to rebuild it and reuse it as much as possible. That starts with building a high mineral soil in the first place, and reducing or eliminating the amount of chemicals, and fertilizer salts used in the process. If I build a healthy, rich soil and compost the roots, I can recycle the soil for multiple grows.

That, and I get to stick as close as possible to the organic goal of switching from hydro in the first place. I'm working on getting up to the high mineral, strong, rich, soil like the type that BID was teaching me to build. I still have a few things to get, to work it up, but I'm almost there.

Here's from the first build:
  • Base plus peat, perlite, azomite, dolomite, forest humus, guano, castings, liq-seaweed, krill, oyster shell, and some of my own compost for my outdoor garden, to get the micro-herd going.

420-magazine-mobile771905109.jpg
Fukking, gawdamn, sunovabitchin, muthah-fukkin vape quit working. Now I'm pissed. First my father and now this... FML

I was looking at what you throwing in there. I see oyster shell. Is this real fine dust? Takes abit for them to do alot of good. I think?? But I swear by a handfull of pelletized bone meal in each hole. Stuff will last a good year,, and is PRIME food for them micro guys. A charge of blood meal helps too nitrogize for a entire grow. But there are as many rescipes for making soils. Once you get a good LOS, you won't feed your plants, you feed the little guys. And they like a nice diet of decomposing organic matter. Alittle charge at spring, I mean planting, and maybe alittle extra bat crap during flower. I hear you have a compost pile. That makes a good kicker charge in making microbial teas. But be careful putting it. A compost pile can hold all kinds of pest and bad fungus. That's why most place 'fire' compost to kill it off, then reintroduce friendly microbs. I've never had a problem using 'well' composted material mysel. Miss J's son brang some uncomposted shit to put around his plants and he got scale. I looked like 3 weeks after and the stems were covered with them. And isn't a spray going to work on them suckers. You 'could' pick kem off one by one.. Could'. Come to find out he has a lemon tree outback that was infected, and he was throwing afew clipping on the pile. Oh well.. Looking good Keepem Green

Yeah, I got all fucked up when my dad died. Trying to get back to the normal me, but it's not easy. I lost the time lapse pics after 05/19/17. Not motivated by much to do much. Gotta work on the truck, too, but haven't done it. Gotta do all sorts of shit that I'm not up to doing. Depressions sucks.

Back
Top Bottom