Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Grow

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

The ballast is going on the wall tonight and gonna change nutes in DWC 2. Already changed DWC 1 yesterday... I have to let the water sit out... not using RO so I don't have to worry about Cal/Mag deficiencies or anything and the mild trace of Chlorine after the initial evaporation helps with preventing algae growth in the buckets. More pics later on the veg room situation and maybe the mounting of the ballast... we'll see.

:morenutes:

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

I had to pull another male plant last night. Seems the males like to show before females, which is good in a way to root em out quickly.

Has anyone ever used a bud hardener in their hydro grow before??? My hydro shop guy turned me on some product that eliminates the "fluff" naturally. I'm 100% organic in my nutes and the flowering plants seem to love the nute combo I'm using while the veg buckets seem to be a little slow to adjust.

Also, anyone ever try the flavored nutes??? He has grape, strawberry, and citrus.

More pics soon when I get another plant into the open spot in the flowering system. I think it will be my last seedling that never found a home in a pot and is still in its 16oz water bottle container, but not for long.

yea its good so they dont get to pollenate the girls b4 you catch em

never heard of bud harderner or the flavored nutes

OK got some pics in the flower room... and the larger Afghani is a girl!!! :slide:

Pics of others already budding...

Mini Bud is crystallizing nicely...
mini-nug1.jpg

Single Cola of one of the clones...
clone-top.jpg

The other clone's single cola...
clone-top1.jpg

Doin some LST on this little girl so the inner buds can get some light...
lst-flowers.jpg

Nothing changed too much in the veg room so no pics yet... tomorrow I'll get some.

hey herbs, i've never heard of hardener but i have heard of flavoring your plants. i have never tried it, but i have added color to them with food coloring. did it four years ago when my kid was doing a science project on osmosis and my plant got a real nice dark red color to it. only did it once. in hydro your plants will absorb anything you put in the res. when adding something new check them 1 or 2 times daily in case you need to flush. hey herbs i noticed you topped some of your plants very early ,how big were they when topped and what will their finished height be more or less?:goodluck::popcorn:

Well cowboy, I usually top my plants within their first week of entering veg. Not before though... it will stress em out too much... but once its done, depending on the strain of course, they usually stay under 2 feet tall. The 1 flowering plant that I just did some LST on didn't get a great start in life so it was topped a little bit later but its only 1'3" from the medium to the very top cola.

The Aurora Indica and the Afghani are prime examples of shorter strains being topped so they get bushier rather than grow straight up. If I'm not mistaken, these strains won't grow past 3 1/2 feet tall even if left un-topped. Right now they are at a foot and bushy instead.

Also, some say its not good, but I always top more than once. 2 colas is just not enough for me. I like to see 5 or 6 or more if I can. I'd rather an ounce of 3/4 potency buds than 1/4 ounce of 100% potency buds. Some call me crazy.

im with ya man id rather have a good bit more thats a tad less potent than very little thats potent as hell

So here is my proof that the Afghani is female. Taken yesterday afternoon. A few more hairs popped up on other nodes overnight. I'm still waiting for the AI to let me know what it is so I can determine whether transplant the clone or not.

hairs6.jpg

I made some homemade CO2 generators today out of some 16.9 oz water bottles, electrical tape, airline tubing, sugar, yeast and water. Supposedly they will last for 2 weeks before needing to change the ingredients (sugar, yeast, and H2O). I'll grab some pics of em tomorrow so you can see how I made em. I thought of using the reaction between Baking Soda and Vinegar but this is a slow release. So 2 went in the veg room above the plants, and 2 in the flower room also above the plants.

I feel good about em :slide:

Here it is... the CO2 generator that costs 5 to run 4 of em for 1 month. then 2.50 per month thereafter for yeast.

Smells like beer...
co2gen.jpg

2 of em positioned in the flower room... have to be careful because the byproduct of the sugar and yeast is alcohol
setup47.jpg

just a top view of the system for green gauge
topview7.jpg

i was readin bout those the other day thought bout makin 1

Same here , even posted about it, and here it is with pictures and instructions, awesome!!! Hoping to pick up these supplies this weekend and build my own. So just to clarify - the sugar/yeast is a slower release than the baking soda / vinegar ? Because I have all 4 ingredients on hand :D

Also where did you find the specs on this, or did you just create your own? Wondering about the ratios of each ingredient...

Nice looking plants btw!

:hookah:

search co2 here and theres a video of a kid makin one for a fish tank i belive he said it 3/4 cup sugar and 1teaspoon yeast with 6-8 cups of water in a 2 liter bottle

Here is the recipe I use...

1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 TBSP Dried Yeast
1 1/2 cups water

Shake real well and let sit. It will be a very slow release of CO2 that should last approx 2 weeks with this recipe.

I've been getting pretty good pressure from the CO2 if I put my finger over the tube.

The vinegar and baking soda reaction creates plenty of CO2 however the release is almost instantaneous. With this method, the yeast consumes the sugar which in turn produces CO2 and alcohol very slowly. The same process is used for making beer. Hell if you had a brewery and a grow room in the same building its as green as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom