Purple Zebra x Columbian Red Point & Durban Bubble x CRP In Hempies LED & CFL 12-12 From Seed

Ganjagrowergu

Growing setup...
32"x48"x60" tent
1 mars300 led
250 watt 2100k fluorescent in wing reflector
192 watts of mixed spectrum 23 watt cfl's
Grown in fish aquarium gravel hempies with about 2" of coco/perlite/vermiculite as a cap to start seeds in.
Nutes are KISS maxibloom only.
Lighting schedule 12/12 from seed
Ventilation is 4"inline fan with carbon filter, intake is passive.

I soaked 3 purple zebra x's and 4 durbin bubble x's for 24 hours. Stuck them in the pre-moistened coco blend cap. Straight tap water. Waited 24 more hours and everyone was poking through. First day I only ran a couple CFL's, turned it up to run all eight of those small bulbs once they poked through, approximately 192 watts.

That's where I stand, I have never done Hempy, and also never completed a 12/12fs grow. Never used maxibloom.

Oh, container size is small, about 20 oz for the durbans, and 40oz for the purple zebras.
Hoping to get an indica phenotype male and female so I can make some seeds. Should be fun either way. I'm gonna figure out how to add photos next... It's been awhile

Still no pictures, yet. Babies have their second set of leaves and the CFLs are keeping them from getting too stretchy.

Dropped 5 mix bag seeds and two chocolate Thai x Columbian red point seeds in water last night. They should be ready to go into coco tonight.

I'm out of aquarium gravel so I am going to stuff some old socks full of coco, hang them, and use them like super ghetto smart pots. Same nutes, probably set the rack directly under the big 250 watt 2100k cfl.

Next Saturday I will soak 7 more mix bag seeds. These will be placed under the mars 300 footprint, for a total of 21 plants...

On a side note; all of my seeds were crossed with Columbian red point male, not Hermie bag seeds. The mix seeds could be anything from the farm, I just got mix bags of pot and didn't label it.

Really excited to get a male of the ctxcrp, hopefully a female as well so I can developed my own phenos..

Peace

Pictures coming as soon as I can steal my wife's tablet to take photos.
My seeds sank this afternoon so I stuck them in the coco..
Couldn't really figure out a good way to hang socks so I laid the socks in "drain trays" planted a couple in a coffee can and one in a big salsa container.
Troy01- just read your first grow journal, nice work.. You have the patience of a saint. I notice you wash your buds, I have never tried that. Do you do that to everything, or just the tincture/edible material? My wife and I smoke and make tincture/butter, wondering how it effects the smoke, good or bad. We like clean medicine as we are real sensitive to chemicals.

I've used ghetto pots before, I already had the socks full of coco by the time I realized I had no way to hang them, so I said screw it and this is the result. Lol
The small body armor bottles are durbin bubble, the square pots are purple zebra. I imagine half of these will be male and a couple more won't make it. Hoping for about 6 of them to make it.
Decided I'm not putting 7 more in next week. Instead I'm going to veg a couple in either 5gallon bag pots or bigger hempys for about a month before these lady's start being harvested....
This grow is set to evolve over time. I have two kids and my wife is disabled so I don't want to over extend myself with 5000 little plants, but I need to make seeds and some meds for now while I figure things out.
Peace

Third set of leaves showing this morning, fed maxibloom 1/4 strength, pH about 5.8 (I only have ph strips), 5 of the last 7 seeds I planted have poked through. Running my mars300 over the older plants, and 184 watts of mixed color CFLs (2x6500k,5x2700k,1x3500k).
Only one chocolate Thai poked through so I'm a little bummed since I have almost 100% germination rate. As long as it is strong I will keep it whether male or female. I will also pick a strong opposite sex to breed with it.
After these are done growing I am going to do two big plants in my tent using LST and a long veg cycle. Probably do big hempys so I'm only going to be changing plant count/size
Pics later today or tomorrow morning

Last two slow moving seeds poked through, I now have both chocolate Thais alive.... My durbin bubbles and purple zebras are looking nice. Pics in the morning, before my wife brings home the puppy she is watching, ugh.
It was 84°F today outside so the heat was a little scary but my new cold air intake seemed to do the trick despite its simplicity.
I acquired a 12 volt power supply cooling fan and its got me thinking about diy swamp coolers.

Now that I took a photo for my update my browser is acting up.....
So here's where we are at.
My first bunch of micro hempys are doing great. About to start week 4, no signs of deficiency or problems at all. Roots are in the reservoir and taking 1tsp per gallon maxibloom. Tight internodes, and starting to get that veg stank to them.
My second bunch of coco plants are about to start week 3. My mix seeds are doing well, but I had to cull one of my two chocolate Thai, and my other one is just weaker, certainly behind the rest of them, not sure how he/she is going to fair in the long run. They both had trouble shaking their shell.
Unfortunately, there are no pre-flowers yet. I figure 1-2 more weeks. I am going to try to get in there and lower my mars300, rotate my 250watt cfl, and adjust the locations of my cfl mix fixtures so I can crank up the watts/lumens/par or whatever folks measure light with these days.
I am hoping for a 90-100 day turnover on my12/12 from seed. I still plan on pollinating a female or two with my most indica looking male. Excited to say the least.
Oh, and my temps are still tolerable for everyone with my diy tent cooler.
Wondering if someone can tell me if mixing diatomaceous earth with my maxibloom would provide a silica boost at all?
Peace

All three purple zebra x's have shown female. One durbin bubble x is female. Culled two male durbin bubble x's this morning. Planted two mix bag seeds in 20oz hempies.
I cranked up my 250 watt 2100k cfl and lowered my mars300 led. Mix CFLs are staying as well. Footprint doesn't cover my entire tent, but it covers my canopy. Kind of bathes it in blindingly bright light.
My mix bag seeds are coming along nicely, I have one chocolate Thai still alive, but it's lagging behind all of the other plants.
I've never done Hempy before but I've PHing my feed/water at roughly 5.5-5.8. The other days I did a test on one of my hempy reservoirs for something to do and it was about 8...... I use raw acv for pH down, when needed. The 1 tsp maxibloom per gallon gets me close to the 5.5 mark but not all the way. Wondering if this variation is normal? We are talking one day after a feed. I have begun feeding daily because everybody is thirsty, lol.
No signs of deficiency or overload, starting to smell really nice when I open the tent. No pests or diseases. The roots from the two culled males were phenomenally healthy so I assume my others are just as well off...
Plants in coco are healthy as well, no sexy parts yet though

Flowering plants don't like mars300 at all. Rearranged plants so my 5 in flower are all under florescent, a total of 442 watts mixed spectrum. Moved the veg plants under the led... Since I found out I won't be getting my separate veg space I wanted, it looks like I may need to, ugh, invest in more light.. I think maybe add a 250 watt mh/hps or replace everything with a 600........ Wife won't like that news one bit. Of course a 250watt 6500k cfl in conjunction with my 2100k of the same watts might work great.. .
Getting great flowers on my smaller Hempys. I'm gonna have to use wife's tablet to upload since my phone is junk now I guess

These pics are from idk, 4 days ago. Had high heat low rh problem that made my girls droop... solved that and more pics when they wake up. Some beautiful ladies shaping up, but just for context i need these posted since its been awhile.

Killed a male bagseed a few days ago, i have 2 durbin bubblex females, 3 purple zebra females that are on their 5th week, two more bagseeds that i believe will show male in a day or two, one chocolate thaix with still only 3 nodes, and that damn hospital sock full of coco-mix that only gets the runoff and is freaking lush. Pics of these tomorrow i promise. They all look so nice now that i must show them off...

And finally i am up to date with pics... killed one male this morning, now im going to have to plant something else, hmm. I have a kritical kush seed that i think is next, if this other plant turns male i will probably plant some more durbin bubble x crp. Here are the pics

Sorry for quality, everything im my life is on a tight schedule and great photos are unfortunately not possible. I have a disabled wife, autistic 3 yo daughter, and a 1 1/2 yo son, and nowadays i also have 2 dogs. Life is hard, but we keep fighting. Peace anyone who is actually following this rough lil journal.

Two bagseeds sprouted, another male culled. Also my Chocolate Thai x is a boy and is so short.... My wife wants to let him pop, I am not so sure. I want seeds but we need meds. Everything is going great. First run of purple zebra x crp and durbin bubble x crp all appear to be nearing the end of their stretch, it is slowing down anyways.
I'm getting an old entertainment center that I will either use for breeding or do a little micro grow in... eventually my grow will be stealth, all I had at the moment was this tent.
Sorry for the ramble, I've been smoking this high grade delicious indica keif from the corner store and it is a bit heavy.
Pics tomorrow after I water in the morning.
Peace

Sorry no pics, not that anybody is really paying attention... Decided for sure to keep the male chocolate Thai x crp. Going to wait for the first flowers to open and give it one good shake, then off to the dumpster.
My hospital sock full of coco, unknown x crp, that gets fed nothing but runoff is a healthy girl. Weird stuff right there.
So my plants are as follows: 2 female Durban bubble x crp, 3 purple zebra x crp females, 1 unknown x crp female, 1 chocolate Thai x crp male, and two unknown x crp seedlings.
Most of these are phenotypically sativa but I have one purple zebra that appears to be leaning toward indica, happy days.

Peace
Pics tomorrow.

Killed the male anyway, there will be more robust specimens later on. Never a shortage on males in my seed collection.

I have done NO LST,supercropping,topping,fimming, and have done absolutely no defoliation. In my previous grows I messed my plants up. I used to heavily defoliate, top/fim, and LST/ supercrop.
I'm learning always. What I have seen from this grow so far is that my plants are never stunted. I have low humidity and higher than average temps, so it seems that I need to keep my leaves. I had someone helping soooo much on one grow that he convinced me to hack pretty much every freaking leaf off of my plants... Anyways...
I was pretty stoned when I wrote that last bit 12 hours ago, damn Banana OG.
Nothing much got done today, fed just a little this morning, but I had been feeding twice a day so I will give them a chance to use up their reservoir while they sleep tonight. I tell you what, when I open the tent I am starting to get a nice pungent odor that lingers in the room for a bit even after I seal it back up. Most of the girls smell like lemons, two of my purple zebras have a different odor that I can't put my finger on but it's great.
Stoned again, BlackBerry kush...

Peace

Back
Top Bottom