Where The Red Point Grows Smaller

Ganjagrowergu

Yesterday I soaked 4 (mazar x Guerrero) x Columbian Red Point and 4 Unknown x Columbian Red Point regular seeds. This morning all 8 had sunk to the bottoms of their respective cups of water and I planted them.

Here is the setup:

-10.6ft² mylar tent with a 60" ceiling
-passive intake, exhaust is a 4" inline fan with carbon filter, blows out of the window.
-lights are 1x mars300 1x250watt 2100k cfl in a wing reflector and up to 184 watts of mix spectrum cfl, light schedule is 11/13 from seed.
-nutes are maxibloom only and white vinegar for pH down.
-temps are too high, humidity too low...
-medium is ¾ aquarium gravel with a coco/perl/verm cap.
-pots are 9cm nursery pots, super tiny. Placed in a small flood tray.

I will water from the top until the roots hit the bottom, then I will flood the tray as needed to a depth of 1". The aquarium gravel's weight will keep the pots in place.

-Objective is: to pick a good male pheno and pollinate the remaining females. Other males will be separated and their pollen collected/stored. In an effort to preserve these wonderful genetics in a limited space I have chosen this method. I have had great luck with small hempys using the same media, so i am hoping this little passive hydro setup will perform to suit my need for seed.
I have chosen to make this venture alongside my first auto run and a couple of other oddball seeds I am growing. Not sure which lights they will end up under, but they all seem to grow pot very well.

Took these pics yesterday, but I posted them in my original sativa thread which is winding down quickly. Here they are to document the beginning of this adventure.

Obviously this is my set up before planting. When they start poking out I will be sure to update. Maybe sneak a pic of how it fits in my tent in a little while. A vision of my mess.

Peace

Thank you. I'm pretty well ready to get into this.

Tent is getting full again
The pots and tray on the right are for this journal.
The center are my hempy devils, journal in signature.
The blue bottle is a 20oz Blackberry Kush hempy and the pink is an unknown bag seed that I believe is from a gram of permafrost. They don't have a journal home yet, haven't had a ton of luck with bag seeds.

Either I have a slow germinator or a dud. 7/8 total sprouted without protest. One unknown is giving me hell is all.
Working with someone to get some qbs in my tent instead of going backwards in time to HPS.
Since this is my breeding thread I will share here that a lot of seeds arrived today. Indica hybrids, enough beans to help me build some strains later on and enjoy some smoke in the meantime.
Have to do pics tomorrow. Gotta take kids for a walk to the store.
Peace

Ordered (2) qb288v1 4000k 240watt this morning, so my lighting will be of no more real concern.
All 7 of my red point breeders are growing nicely. Still babies though. I topped dressed each of their mini pots with some gravel for support and it makes watering less messy. I hate coco.

I will get pics tonight. Also I will soak another red point cross for planting tomorrow.... When I am not busy I am lazy, lol.

Ahhh, the seedling doldrums.
:passitleft:

Amazing growth in the past 2 days. Everything seems to be going as planned for the moment. Still getting ¼strength nutes 1 or 2 times per day, although I did add a tiny amount of h2o2 to the mix to help prevent any unforseen invasions of the gross kind.
I rearranged a couple of things for the next few days as we will hit 100° tomorrow, 106° Thursday, and 100° Friday. After that we get an alleged week of low 80's.

QBs will be here Thursday so more rearranging then.

Not much else, except I never soaked that damn replacement seed. Busy, busy.

An interesting thing has been happening in my kitchen window. One baby branch on my unknown x red point stump from my last sativa Hempy run is growing. For shiggles and gits I started feeding her awhile back and she keeps growing, albeit slowly. I've never attempted a reveg, but I appear to be doing just that, lol. An experiment in laziness. Not sure how successful I will be if at all, but if she survives another couple weeks I might just toss her back in the tent. She was a great pheno and wouldn't mind her being the mother of a batch of seeds.

Got the qbs hooked up. Went ahead and pulled all of my other lights, including the old mars. At the moment these lights appear to provide plenty of light for my young plants. Once they flower and stretch it will be another story and likely tossing the mars back in will straighten everything back out.

Big thanks to Dan @TimberGrowLights for hooking me up with a deal i couldnt refuse, when I needed it most.
Will post pics tomorrow when I have more time to play around... Can't believe how bright they are and how well they cover my tent. I expect great things to come from this.

Thriving under the new light

The reveg is the unknown x red point pheno that had bud structure similar to the lanky/cedar/incense pheno I am chasing. She is getting some time away from the kitchen window where she restarted her life. I will keep her in veg for a couple more weeks. Try to time her to be ready for pollination.

Everyone is getting the same 1/4 tsp maxibloom, three caps full of white vinegar for pH down, and 1 cap full of 3%H²O² per gallon. Everybody seems to love it.

All is well as the fog of indica creeps upon me...

Good news in the tent this morning. Roots are coming out the bottoms of my tiny pots. I top watered a little, put them back in the old black tray and filled to about ½" up the pots and cranked the QB's so I can observe their new drinking habits. Everyone loves the lights. I am considering going to half strength maxibloom, but not sure all these daily feeders need it.

I never grew anything in tiny pots like these. Pretty much I am one of the only folks doing the gravel and coco cap thing. It works with Hempy, so hopefully I can make it work in this little passive setup without too many problems.

Anybody watching this.... After all of the stress my reveg has gone through, if she decides to "herm", would it be worth it to save the pollen? She went through a lot before and after I chopped her. I know stress pollen isn't the best but she is a really robust pheno.

Back
Top Bottom