Purple Zebra x Columbian Red Point & Durban Bubble x CRP In Hempies LED & CFL 12-12 From Seed

I did that to a Nukehead Strain I was growing out on a sponsored grow. Thought I killed her. Didn't do a thing to her at all lol.
I only worry cuz she was bone dry, just limp all the way. I've had others dry out like this and they pretty much stopped all growth. I will figure it out in a couple of days. I hope she isn't too bad off.

I did that to a Nukehead Strain I was growing out on a sponsored grow. Thought I killed her. Didn't do a thing to her at all lol.
I suppose I need to win a contest to get a sponsored grow, ay?

Not necessarily. Just be active and grow nice plants and they will find ya. It does help increase your odds if ya have some contest wins but I got mine before I won anything. Speaking of......need to see if I won Plant of the Month.

Early In the morning, but still a lot of things running through my noggin... Budget is a mofo. But I got these seeds and I am itching to get them a space together........... Maybe this hash will settle me down :bongrip:.... That's the last of that. Now where was I???
Cheap LED floodlights, but not too cheap.. Just for 13 hours/day. I oughta think about what I'm going to write before I start writing it.

Just did morning feeding, less and less white hairs every day. Super cropped kritical kush again. Weird after her pot fell and just trauma, she was trying to get out of hand again already. Droopy durbs looks happier, like she will pull through after the drought she endured for half a day. Super cropped the not weird growing unknown x red point again, nobody wants to stay flat!!!!

Everybody else is doing fine. One purple zebra cross is eating a lot less. The other two can't get enough.

Only real big overall observation I have is that as these ladies get further and further into flower they are very slowly showing their tell-tale signs of slight deficiencies here and there. Feeding lighter should help them start using up their stored Nitrogen, without completely depriving them of anything.

Idk, just a rambling rambler today.

Wife is on her way home so I will snap some freshies for everyone

Took these about an hour ago

I will probably forego any more super cropping with this bunch. I think I will get the indica bush I have been looking for out of that kritical kush.
The two smallest plants are, I believe, stunted from topping too early, at the 3rd node, and a couple heavy feedings before they were ready for it... At least that non-stretcher is.
Still no room in there for an auto...

Haven't been in the garden all day. Wife has taken over the morning feeding, I get the evening feeding/inspection. Girls are still only getting ½tsp maxibloom per gallon. Still fed 2x daily, nobody has complained yet.

Ahh, I did get a go ahead to use a closet to help me run my autos.I will empty it out and take some measurements over the holiday weekend. I need to work out the lights next. If a couple of my plants would finish I might consider moving my LED into there. I really need to build a stealth cabinet so I don't have to worry about shutting down in November, then my grow could be truly perpetual and not whatever it is now. :peace::ganjamon:

Do you have the steps you use to grow in those little containers. I am in soil but would still like to read them.
1-cut top off of container, poke 1 drainage hole about 1½inches up.
2-rinse standard Walmart aquarium gravel under my kitchen sink (rinse it well, I had a rapid rise in pH early on in my grow)
3-fill the container up with the gravel leaving 2-3 inches empty.
4-I used coco/perl/verm (exact ratio unknown, got it in a trade) to fill the remaining 2-3 inches.
5-moisten the coco blend with pH 5.8-6.0 tap water
6-plant your seed (I soak mine until they sink or 24 hours whatever comes first.
7- keep coco moist with ph'd water, I started ¼ strength nutes after a good week above the soil. I watered/fed just a tiny bit more every day.
8- I was feeding full strength 1tsp per gallon of maxibloom by the 5th set of leaves, I keep my pH as close to 6.0 as my test strips allow.
8-I water/feed 2x daily in a 40oz container, 3x in my 20oz'r. I water while holding container over a bucket. LOTS of runoff every time. I am scared to death of root rot.
9- I sometimes vary feeding strengths and have been know to pH a little low sometimes just to be sure the girls get all that they need. If I ever see a problem with my plant I just give her half strength feed ph'd as close to 6.0 as possible. and anything I thought was wrong seems to correct itself...
10- when she is ripened to your liking, flush with ph'd water for a week.

Wife gone camping so no camera til Monday.... Bummer.

On the upside: my last durbin bubble cross is pretty much ready. The 20 0z containers really only yield 10-20 grams. triches are almost completely cloudy, hairs over 50% orange. Buds on this one are more dense than the last one but not stacked as nicely.

One purple zebra cross has pretty much completely stopped drinking. The top of the main cola has swollen about 3x its original mid flower girth. Hairs are orange 50%+, triches are 90% cloudy with a few clear freckled around.

Another purple zebra is just starting to slow its thirst. This one is a minimum of a week behind the other.

Third purple zebra (plant of the month entry) continues to feed and grow. There is a slight swell to the buds, but still feeding heavily.

Kritical kush is growing great, my wife may have over watered yesterday, but she is just helping out so doesn't completely understand my methods. She has a keen eye for harvest times though, that's why I busted out my loupe today, and she was correct.

Non stretcher is like a weird little bonzia plant with super dense frosty nugs. Will finish before my long flowering zeeb.

The other short gal is slower going as far as maturity. Just plugging along.

Piney the sock plant is starting to slow its thirst as well. Hairs are very retracted, buds are dense. Could probably chop her anytime and be pleased, just kinda keeping her going, hopefully I dont lose my pine terps by doing so...

Exciting times are coming with all this good smoke, and with my reclaimed gravel I should have enough to start at least one auto in a 1 gallon Hempy bucket...

Cumulatively all of this means I may not need that specialized closet space after all.

Happy 4th of July. Hope all is well around the globe. Be safe my friends. I shall now celebrate with a doobie of blueberry cheesecake.:ganjamon: and then harvest my droopy durbs. :peace:

Thanks so much for that detail. I am thinking its the high amount of O2 in the root zone with that style that makes it so good. You my friend are knocking it out of park with the size container, congrats.

Thanks so much for that detail. I am thinking its the high amount of O2 in the root zone with that style that makes it so good. You my friend are knocking it out of park with the size container, congrats.
I agree and thank you for the compliment. I also believe it has a bunch to do with the coco (not very much) filtering down through the root zone allowing for a wicking action. I will have a pic of 40oz rootball Sunday night more than likely. My wife has the good phone/camera. I will tag you when it is posted if you like?

Harvested the aforementioned girls this afternoon. Just wrecked the smell of the neighborhood (apartment building) lol.

Looks like about ½-¾oz on the droopy durbs. The zebra looks to be 1-1½oz, but possibly more as I like to underestimate.

Tomorrow after my daughter's therapy I have to go through and label my seeds. I have a great memory for things like that, but my packaging is mostly random containers and I found myself confused fora moment.

Also, if I can find my tape, I plan to put together my 1 gallon Hempy to run one of my auto seeds, that means seed soaking for sure. Not sure if I am going to run a darkdevilauto or devil's crack auto, definitely only one for now, the choice is very difficult.

My hope would be that by the time the auto really starts hogging space, 3/5 of my current sativas will be finished and out of there. Figuring out how to stay perpetual at all is difficult due to my wide range of phenos. I assume that in a week or so one zebra will come up to the chopping block, piney is likely next, then bonsai and eventually my big tall zebra.the bonsai could be ready in one week or 3, too many variables....

Mental note.... Where in the name of the FSM did I put my kushberry seeds????

'Night

Back
Top Bottom