Purple Zebra x Columbian Red Point & Durban Bubble x CRP In Hempies LED & CFL 12-12 From Seed

Update for the day.

I was haphazardly attempting a super crop on my kritical kush today, something I have never had a problem with, and I snapped the damn thing. I put a little Scotch tape on her, see what happens in the next day or so, likely the prognosis isn't a great one. Put her back up to full strength feeds, looked like she needs it.

Defoliated a couple leaves off my shorter zeeb that were looking rough..

Also took a few off of bonsai and upped her nutes to full power again. She's so small. Her buds though are very developed and hard. Looked at triches with the loupe and there are not many clears left on her super frosty buds. Since the cross is unknown and an F1, flowering time could be super short or super long, this one looks like I could heavy feed her for a week and then flush for a few days, maybe 10-15 days til harvest.

The big bent over zeeb is back on full feed as well, she has a lot of time left

Piney, is just piney. Buds are getting tighter, not really any visible swelling. This plant is just not frosty. She has resin glands, but they are soooo tiny.

And my other little unknown went back on full feed. She is going to be a long flowering girl.

I accomplished my mission to pack and label my seeds. There is only one seed whose origin I don't recall as I just found it in an old joint container two days ago, lol. My seed collection consists of:
9-Durban bubble x red point
15-unknown x red point
24?-blue orca haze x red point
3-pink 2.0 bag seeds
1-quantum hammer bag seed
1-completely unknown seed
10-DDA
10-devil's crack auto
And somewhere stashed in my house are 24 Kushberry bag seeds.

It is a start toward perpetual variety. Next plant that comes out of the tent gets replaced by an autoflower, still don't know which one.

Soon enough you'll have too many seeds to choose from. Trust me i used to have little to no seeds and now I have 60+ strains and 100's of seeds. Keep up the good work mate :thumb:
Thanks, I will do my best to keep it flowing.. I am really looking forward to trying my hand at these autos. Can't wait to get in the garden this morning. It's getting to be about time to pull out Piney and do a real thorough inspection. I don't check on her enough. And I really see no new growth, almost like she is stunted, but she eats so I don't know. That's why it will be inspection time

Looks like piney and bonsai may need to be flushed.

Probably flush piney til she just starts to yellow, chop the top and raise the rest of her up and feed 50% nutes til the lowers are ready, then repeat flushing. Glad I did inspection.

Bonsai will get a nice full week flush before I chop her down. I can't find a clear triche on her, some cloudy, but the rest are vivid white and the calyxes are swelled right up, rock hard buds... She has lived her whole life under 2-3500k 1-2700 and 1-6500k 23 watt CFLs until three days ago my 6500 burnt out so I added a 3500k I had laying around. Kinda cool I think

Everyone else is just plugging along.

Kritical kush branch didn't make it

Picked up some white quartz like gravel stuff from dollar tree today. It is much larger than the aquarium gravel and is meant to be the bottom layer in my 1 gallon Hempy bucket for my auto.... I am kind of wishing I would have gotten a dollar tree bucket for sturdiness. There is always one of the four days next week that I will be close enough to walk to dollar store.

I looked at floral foam, but it just screams root rot to me. I know, I know, I'm a cheapskate, looking at weird stuff to grow in. I figure quartz to an inch over the rez, then aquarium gravel to about 2 inches from the top, and then my coco starter mix. Dammit!, I forgot duct tape.......
So banzai (finally spell check had my back) looks like she is pretty much fully mature. Leaves continue to yellow, she will be flushed for maybe 3-7 days and chopped, as I stated above.... I am going to do flushing on piney at same time for her staggered harvest. Should have my new bucket in the tent by next Wednesday, ready to rock and roll.

Time to feed my daughter

Today....

Banzai-flush
Banzai's unknown sis-fed full strength
Piney-flush
Zeebs-fed full strength
Kritical-not thirsty yet

Everybody is healthy, starting to see some nice bud swells. I moved my lower buds from boxes to jars today. Broke down colas that were hanging and moved them into their boxes. The zebra buds are so stereotypically Grinch fingers, that made me smile. My weight estimate looks to be well thought out... But, I don't really weigh my pot, just kinda go with the flow.

Now my zeeb that isn't bent, is swelling right up. She looks like she may become another staggered harvester. Not much else. Going to vape some tester bud in a bit.

Peace

Did some doinking around today. Put together my ice cream pail Hempy bucket. Then recalled I need duct tape. Lol. And more jars, the best news ever.

I'm vaping a little of the droopy durbs and zebra buds... Zebra doesn't have the same body tingle that the durbs does. Last durbs had the exact same feel to it... Intense. Like it is possible to ingest too much. Lol, that shit is crazy. Glad I have more of those to grow/breed.

Just my little post 420 report. I am high on my own supply. And I keep thinking I need a better light judging from bud density. I'm suddenly trying to do math again......

Peace:ganjamon:

Sometimes it seems like I put a lot more effort into keeping this journal vs growing, lol. I don't fb or any other social media. Keeping the journal seems to have become a hobby in and of itself.

@JustMeds the next purple zebra cross cola will be even bigger. But I think the durban crosses are more potent. Those are all harvested. I have 9 of those seeds left.

Smoked a doobie of the droopy durbs and my wife says. I'm going to need some cookie dough. That was a colorful walk to the store. Real good stuff, tastes great.

Banzai & piney- flushed, banzai is fading.

Crooked zeeb, fat top zeeb, unknown x red point, and kritical all received full strength feed.

I've decided to run two autos. One DDA and one Devil's Crack auto. DDA is going in my 1gallon Hempy. The DCA will be in the same coco/perl/verm mix that I use for my Hempy cap. The kritical and piney both seem to enjoy that mix.

Here is a nice little photo update, taken at evening feeding.

My buddy came by with an eighth of blackberry kush that was full of mature, beautiful, tiger stripe seeds. He gave me one out of 15 and started asking me about how I grow. Lol. I suppose kharma will mess me up if I don't help him out. It might be fun anyway.

Clones, get clones and grow for ever.
I used to have an entire bedroom in use as my grow room complete with two flowering tents, an aeroponic cloner that worked amazing, and a closet for vegging...
Now I have one tent and a tiny little corner for supplies.
When my cloner pump burned up I lost several strains that I just can't replicate. That included a tangie bagseed that was 20% amber at 6.5 weeks of 12/12 :(

I relish the thought of cloning and having all of that space again... That being said I really love the way that plants grow out from seed, and I can make more seeds if need be. Something I love about not knowing how the plant will turn out.

I can also cop out with my issue of strain tolerance and how different phenos being available seem to arrest that issue.

I have been considering cutting a couple clones of my kritical kush with my lack of indicas. Just have to find the space. Problem with that plant is that it is very slow at flower development, not sure I like that too much. Haha, you caught me high on my own supply. :ganjamon: thinking out loud..

Peace

Bonsai moms and tissue culture would be the bees knees. I am familiar with the techniques.
See, you are going to get me in trouble filling my head full of good ideas. Wife thinks I have too many of those as it is....

Gosh, I haven't thought about those things in a long time... Trouble I tell you. Now I have to smoke about it..........

:smokin:

Never even looked into the tissue culture thing. How does it work?
I've just given myself a quick refresher course. It's not my path. Basically you sterilize a small, very small, portion of plant cells, they culture on sugar or agar type of sterile substrate in a test tube. You then can either replicate the process on that culture thousands of times or root it.

I do not have a sterile environment, I failed to remember that part. I got excited, more stoned and then let down. Lol.

Bonsai is a good idea by itself. I still feel like I would have to get some more space for vegging. I don't much like having too many containers in my tent. I don't know why I keep doing it to myself.

Never even looked into the tissue culture thing. How does it work?
There are premade kits available for a hefty price that would take up just as much if not more space than bonsai moms

Banzai-flushed 3x today. Getting some nice fall colors. Will chop tomorrow or Wednesday.
Piney-didn't do anything today with her, just a good sniff and a basic inspection, waiting on that green to fade out.
Everyone else-fed full strength 2x.

It has been a very long and hot day. It will be 81° tomorrow but will creep its way up to 96° by Thursday.

Wife turned on the vaporizer so that's about it for tonight... Soak my auto seeds tomorrow. Get those girls in there by Wednesday... Ugh

Chopped banzai today. Not much yield with the strange growth but every bud above my super crop scar is rock hard. And we got some frosty lowers for the cooking stuff.

I am eyeing piney next. Waiting for the container of coco to dry up and she should be good.

Wife is doing a trichome inspection on fat top zeeb before the girls go to bed. She thinks that it might be time to flush. Top loosened up a bit after a couple days of horrendous heat. She does pretty damn good job reading the ripeness, but leaves the hard work for me.

Everybody else got fed, no deficiencies no pests.

All is moving along smoothly and so far I am not disappointed in the quality of my crop. Like full on sativa buzz with visuals. Tastey. Sticky, stinky, frosty, and effects are not like any sativa I have ever smoked.

Auto seeds get soaked tonight. I am going to run a separate journal for these gals. I'm going to keep running sativas alongside my autos and will keep their story going here. However I will not have 9 plants in this tent ever again. Maybe 2-3 sativas and two autos. I think I need to ditch my old CFLs and just keep the big one and the old mars300 going. I will figure it out. Uff dah.

More fun times ahead.

Back
Top Bottom