Supergroomer - Back & Smaller Than Ever

So let me fire my own shot and suggest you repot her ASAP. All indicators are a root concern. Upcanning will not only give her more root space but will give you the opportunity to get a good look at the roots.

Is that enough shots for this early in the day? :laughtwo:

The leaves are Cigaring for lack of a better term. It is not like them tacoing and curling from the bottom up. These are going from the top down if that make sense. The bottom of the leaf is the inside of the cigar. :peace:

That's what makes it so hard to look up. It's hard to describe the opposite thing you have going compared to common, which is leaves curling inward, upward or tacoing. LOL
But I would have to agree that an uppotting, if possible for you, would be a good way to look at the roots and it's not going to be bad for the plant to have more space, even if the roots turn out to not be the problem.

:circle-of-love:

Note: I have had that problem when moth larvae (little worms) have rolled themselves up into the leaves for their "Cacoons", so to speak. I would check one of those curled leaves....just to rule that out. I doubt that's what you have going on...but one never knows. One more take a look bullet fired....

Quite a few of those leaves look like they have the ends ripped off. Any idea how that happened ?

I have seen this kind of thing in an over fert situation or drastic pH change. It's interesting that it is just that one side. Because it was on the wall it may be that an over fert situation is coming but the leaves that were in the light were able to use up some of the nutes. The leaves against the wall did not get as much light and are not using the stored nutes so they are experiencing the symptoms first. This is just a guess of course but the best I can think of at the moment.

What Shiggity said... Is that a bean girl... or a clone... the bottom leaves look like something has been chomping on them... and if it is them crawly nasty things they do roll up in the leaves... now I have only had this issue in my outside grows but I guess it would be the same inside too...:straightface: My fingers are crossed for ya at the doctors and sending the best karma possible...:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

Quite a few of those leaves look like they have the ends ripped off. Any idea how that happened ?

I have seen this kind of thing in an over fert situation or drastic pH change. It's interesting that it is just that one side. Because it was on the wall it may be that an over fert situation is coming but the leaves that were in the light were able to use up some of the nutes. The leaves against the wall did not get as much light and are not using the stored nutes so they are experiencing the symptoms first. This is just a guess of course but the best I can think of at the moment.

Thanks. Same nutes used on all the older plants. 3t grow big and 2t cal/mag. She has been in this pot for 3 weeks or so and was "tight" coming out of the last pot.

Cleared by Dr to go back to work, so this afternoon I will pick up a larger pot and up size her. Like Sue said, It won't hurt and it will give me a good look at the roots. Stay tuned and thanks for all the insights everyone. :circle-of-love::peace:

What Shiggity said... Is that a bean girl... or a clone... the bottom leaves look like something has been chomping on them... and if it is them crawly nasty things they do roll up in the leaves... now I have only had this issue in my outside grows but I guess it would be the same inside too...:straightface: My fingers are crossed for ya at the doctors and sending the best karma possible...:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

I like Shiggity's thought too...and everyone elses'. The critters do the "roll up" on inside grows as well, It's happened to me several times. However, there are so many leaves affected here that I would find it hard to believe it's the larvae. It onlys take a couple seconds to check and squish the lil' buggers. LOL

Congrats on the go ahead for work SG!!

:circle-of-love:

Now, having said that....I blew up part of a pic. You definitely have something gnawing on the leaves and this looks sooo much like mine did when those lil' bat rasterd worms and moths were hiding in mine:

Bug_chews.jpg

Doesn't look like buggins to me. This is even curling. The bugging usually pinch the leaves together at one point.
I kinda see 2 issues. The clawed leaves. The boated lower growth (Boating... canoeing... I believe that's the term. Tacoing is when they curl up.) indicates lack of light or over watering. These conditions have their basis in other issues that can be replicated by any root issues.
Sorry to fire off more.

Doesn't look like buggins to me. This is even curling. The bugging usually pinch the leaves together at one point.
I kinda see 2 issues. The clawed leaves. The boated lower growth (Boating... canoeing... I believe that's the term. Tacoing is when they curl up.) indicates lack of light or over watering. These conditions have their basis in other issues that can be replicated by any root issues.
Sorry to fire off more.

This is going to be a nice example for diagnosing plant problems because of the reverse problem (boating or canoeing) this is methinks.
Can't wait to see the roots if SG upsizes.

:thumb:

Subscribed Supergroomer, I should have been here a long time ago, my bad

:love::cco::love:

And for those of you that had root bound for your answer.....

20160310_144835.jpg
20160310_144830.jpg

Circle gets the square!!! You can see it is worse on the one side and that is the side that was looking wonky. Now the bad news. They did not have the 5 gal pots at lowes or home depot. So what we did, was to gently massage the root ball and get it loosened up and some of the dirt off it. Then we placed it back in the pot with some fresh dirt. I will give her a few days to recover in the veg tent, then she will be moved on to flower.

We also chopped the Purple Dog Haze (sorry forgot to take pics, but I think this one we should make a scratch and sniff of. It smells great!! Almost lavenderish.

Thanks for all the help and advise today. :thanks::circle-of-love::peace:

Look at you, ClipperLube! Up and working again....holding large root balls with your own two hands!!! I'm proud of you and happy to hear the good news and see you back soooo fast.
See.......I told you guys.......the energizer bunny.

ClipperLube (S.Groomer) :passitleft: J. Oilseed​

Look at you, ClipperLube! Up and working again....holding large root balls with your own two hands!!! I'm proud of you and happy to hear the good news and see you back soooo fast.
See.......I told you guys.......the energizer bunny.

ClipperLube (S.Groomer) :passitleft: J. Oilseed​

Robin was helping me. Usually I can hold the root ball and take the picture at the same time. Team work!!! She also took the Purple dog haze out of the tent and helped me chop and trim. I have to be careful not to over do it. We only had 4 dogs today so it was a nice easy work my way back in and we are keeping it on the lighter side till next week. Even then I should be better and better moving but it will be at least a month or 6 weeks I would think till I am up to serious lifting (180lb English mastiff I know comes to mind) :) :peace:

Only four? Are you kidding? I couldn't do that on a good day!

By the way...I got the #5 ceramic skip tooth and matt rake yesterday, getting the #7 skip tooth today, and the #7FC ceramic and the #10FC ceramic and Andis cleaner, cooler, lube tomorrow.

I figure I'll be ready to smite this beast by the weekend if we don't get flooded out or lose power before then....raining hard here, and we're almost trapped by a flooded road. Uh-oh...maybe I won't be ready by the weekend if they can't deliver that stuff to me!!! DAMN IT.

Always something, right?

:Namaste:
JohnnyCeramic

Back
Top Bottom