Pyrethrum, Buds & bud worms

BluRiff

Hi all .... In day 40sh of budding and have been spending several hours a day searching and finding budworms and their eggs, Way to much work ! so my question is...Can I put the girls in a small green house and use a Pyrethrum fogger bomb ? will that kill the caterpillars and not harm the bud ? Or is there something I can spray on them at this late date? Budworms can do a lot of damage very quickly not to mention all the handling. I don't want to harvest early it wont do me no good its a medical grow and I really need it to go full term .... Any ideas ?
:peace:

Re: Pyrethrum,Buds & bud worms

Before you want to use Pyrethrin or Sumithrin or Resmethrin you want to try to use the Bacillus Thuringiensis in the granular form. These little worms will eat this stuff and within 4 days to a week you should notice them all dead. Using Pyrethrin especially on large crops, even the synthetics I mentioned above, is not a good idea. Then again if your problem has gotten soo bad that every bud is infested than I would use the Pyrethrin, but only after I tried BT.

What colour are these bud worms?

hi kraw.. tnx ..... the more mature ones are green and the smaller baby ones are still brownish cuz they aint full of my weed yet... I just came in from a worm hunt and unfortunately I found to many...buds that had gone untouched till now :-(
I would early harvest but I really need my trichomes at 40/60 to the amber side..... Im also afraid there wont be anything left in 2/3 weeks
4 of the plants are mobile so if I moved them to a small greenhouse wouldnt a fogger or something like that kill them quick as apposed to something that takes days ? wouldn't they breath it in ? would it kill the eggs ? would the other alternitives you mentioned ? just tryin to cover the bases :)

Well using Bacillus Thuringiensis you need to sprinkly this stuff on every infected budsite, now if it where my crops it would be manageable. But I cant speak for you, if you can do this and complete it within an hour, I would say do it. If you have so many crops it would take the better part of a day, I would say use the Pyrethrin and just spray them.

As for bug bombs and foggers, I am not sure if they will work, can't say I recall any friends that have tried that, or anyone eklse for that matter. Sorry I wish I had some experience with foggers but I dont.

Back
Top Bottom