Quadlined and pruned plants, now almost 8 weeks, no sign of sex

Piney Pete

420 Member
Hi everybody! I have a few outdoor grows under my belt and right now I have a healthy grouping of boys n girls. At about 5 weeks I attempted to heavily prune into something resembling quad/mainlining. How much setback in growth or maturation should be expected after doing this? At amost 8 weeks I cant see any sign using a loupe and magnifier. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Piney Pete

20210224_150913.jpg

Hi everybody! I have a few outdoor grows under my belt and right now I have a healthy grouping of boys n girls. At about 5 weeks I attempted to heavily prune into something resembling quad/mainlining. How much setback in growth or maturation should be expected after doing this? At amost 8 weeks I cant see any sign using a loupe and magnifier. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Piney Pete

20210224_150913.jpg
Hey pete beautiful garden my friend. :thumb:
Mainline can add 2-4 weeks to the veg period of your girl depending on how extensive you go. Have you read any tutorials? Lots of good info here.
With out some good close up shots where buds form i can't help seeing.
Take a couple pics of each plant label them and we can give opinions. Otherwise put them into flower and watch closely for balls.

Thanks for the reply Bill, ... I was kinda hopin for an "atta boy" when I took the pic lol! I am really pleased with how they are looking. I will try and take some more pictures. I've seen how males typically have longer internodal spacing and am looking to find/figure which 6-7 of the 13 are the boys.
I should have included:
Seed unknown strain ....but I smoked their and Mom and loved her lol.
Organic soil mix
1 gallon pots
CFL Bulbs
Fox Farm Trio
Thanks again.

I try to stay calm so I sit back and wait. I try to get cuttings as soon as possible and get them to root. If after the plant starts to go from opposite nodes to the new nodes being staggered I still do not know then I will take one of the clones and put it into the flowering tent and wait for it to show male or female.

I noticed that some of the pots in the front row in your photo look like they were only half filled with your soil or coco mix. That is not causing any thing that would be slowing down growing speed at this point; I just bring it up because when the plant gets larger it will need all the soil or coco mix possible. The larger the plant in the container, the harder it will be to add soil.

I try to stay calm so I sit back and wait. I try to get cuttings as soon as possible and get them to root. If after the plant starts to go from opposite nodes to the new nodes being staggered I still do not know then I will take one of the clones and put it into the flowering tent and wait for it to show male or female.

I noticed that some of the pots in the front row in your photo look like they were only half filled with your soil or coco mix. That is not causing any thing that would be slowing down growing speed at this point; I just bring it up because when the plant gets larger it will need all the soil or coco mix possible. The larger the plant in the container, the harder it will be to add soil.
No need to root your cutting just to sex them. Drop them in a cup of water, put em 12/12 and you'll get your answer without waiting for roots.

No need to root your cutting just to sex them. Drop them in a cup of water, put em 12/12 and you'll get your answer without waiting for roots.
True. It can be done that way and it works for a "down and dirty" fast check of the sex of a new plant. Putting the cutting in a glass of water and sticking that in the flowering tent will do the job.

I root the cuttings and will even transplant up to a small pot about 1 or 2 quart in size. When I think the clone is strong enough I put it into the flowering tent. A week or two later I know what sex the mother and the clones are.

If it is male then the 'mother plant' and the rest of the clones end up on the compost pile. If it is female I let it continue to grow and start to do more with the 'mother' and any other clones I have already taken. Even the 1 or 2 quarts of soil are enough to support the small test clone all the way through to a harvest. A quick 5 day dry and I can sample it. By the time I harvest that small clone I have an idea of how many weeks that strain and the rest of the clones have to be in the flowering tent. Since I am set up for a perpetual grow it works out for me.

Fuck bro, I've planted clones in shot glasses and let em sit for a cpl weeks to the point the soil was being pushed out by roots
We have a 4 plant limit here in Canada and i use to always have 12 on the go. 4 flower 4 veg and 4 seedling or clones for the perpetual harvest type grow. And then my neighbour called the cops cause of the smell. The cops where cool though. They let me pick my 4 and made me cut up the rest and they where on their way.
Now, I do 2 veg 2 flower and a plant with no roots isn't a plant. So that's why I use the cup of water to sex.
I went fem seeds for a while but they just aren't as vigorous as regs in my experience.

Because the neighbor told them I had a "grow op" going on in the house. So I told them to come and see my big grow op lol. I just played stupid and told them I thought it was 4 plants in flower. I go with the " it's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission" mentality.

Because the neighbor told them I had a "grow op" going on in the house. So I told them to come and see my big grow op lol. I just played stupid and told them I thought it was 4 plants in flower. I go with the " it's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission" mentality.
It really should be 4 in flower. But that’s what happens when morons make the rules. I just wanted to confirm you let them because I think there would be a real hard time getting a warrant based on smell.

We have a 4 plant limit here in Canada and i use to always have 12 on the go. 4 flower 4 veg and 4 seedling or clones for the perpetual harvest type grow. And then my neighbour called the cops cause of the smell. The cops where cool though. They let me pick my 4 and made me cut up the rest and they where on their way.
Now, I do 2 veg 2 flower and a plant with no roots isn't a plant. So that's why I use the cup of water to sex.
I went fem seeds for a while but they just aren't as vigorous as regs in my experience.
Like @Foster420 sometimes its better to play along and be nice, because if they want they can make your life difficult. I'm 100% legal and had a cop friend in the other day. Its so nice to be able to do your thing without worry. And to know the cops are on your side now and will protect your garden from bad neighbors.
Stay legal and stay safe my friend. Also for $200 you can get a license for 12 plants . In Canada, if you have a medical condition that requires you need more medication than a rec grower can produce. If you have a decent doctor he can fill out the form for you for free. 2 more cents.
P.m. me if you have any questions

Like @Foster420 sometimes its better to play along and be nice, because if they want they can make your life difficult. I'm 100% legal and had a cop friend in the other day. Its so nice to be able to do your thing without worry. And to know the cops are on your side now and will protect your garden from bad neighbors.
Stay legal and stay safe my friend. Also for $200 you can get a license for 12 plants . In Canada, if you have a medical condition that requires you need more medication than a rec grower can produce. If you have a decent doctor he can fill out the form for you for free. 2 more cents.
P.m. me if you have any questions
100%! I've been doing the 2 veg and two flower since and with good genetics you get good yields. I only smoke after work in the evenings so my harvests lasts. As long as I'm getting enough from harvest to harvest I'm happy.
The shitty thing about the medicinal is.. My family Dr died about 5 yrs ago and I've been on a waiting list since then. So I'm not sure how to go about getting a prescription without a Dr.

There are special weed doctors. At least that’s where my wife got her medicinal. She has a 2 ounce prescription per month so we can do quite a few if we wanted too. I wasn’t suggesting not playing along with the rules they are better than most places. I am concerned with my rights being violated due to someone smelling something that is legal and legal to grow.

There are special weed doctors. At least that’s where my wife got her medicinal. She has a 2 ounce prescription per month so we can do quite a few if we wanted too. I wasn’t suggesting not playing along with the rules they are better than most places. I am concerned with my rights being violated due to someone smelling something that is legal and legal to grow.
As long as your legal the neighbors can't cause you any issues. If the boys in blue do knock as you know with out a warrant you can tell them to leave. But I have found that their attitude has changed. As long as you follow the rules they are on your side now. For a nominal fee you can get a license to grow what you need. Then they will be on your team and help protect your garden. Its hard to fathom after not trusting them for so long. They have more important problems and counting the plants in your garden isn't a issue anymore. Stay safe, happy growing.

Here in Nb Canada the cops could care less it seems. We got actual drug problems here. Bad opiate problem here
Same here they busy with real problems. Pot isn't even on their radar anymore.
Pot smokers are happy people who who don't cause problems. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom