Question about 315W

gr865

I am running stacked 315W CMH vertical.
Replaced upper lamp as it seemed to be dimmer than the lower one.
The one I replaced it with also looks dimmer than the second one. I have one Nanolux ballast and one Xtrasun ballast and it's the Nanolux that seems to have the dimmer lamp..
I just replaced one of the Nanolux ballast with the Xtrasun and the heat difference of the two ballast is amazing.

20191227_110119.jpg

The Nanolux is the top lamp and the Xtrasun is the lower lamp.
20191227_110119 (2).jpg

Just turned them off and going to switch the lamps to the opposite ballast and see if there is any difference.

Interesting setup Im running 2x315cmh in my 4x4 very bright and a lil hot but manageable. Ive never seen them used in a vertical configuration like that. Ill be watching
:thumb:

Interesting setup Im running 2x315cmh in my 4x4 very bright and a lil hot but manageable. Ive never seen them used in a vertical configuration like that. Ill be watching
:thumb:

Heat is not an issue as I have my ballast for the lamps outside the tent.
The heat difference between the two ballast, the Nanolux ballast using a Laser temp gauge is 119, and the Xtrasun is about 135. Again this is not a issue as it is outside the tent.

I just checked the lamps again and the second lamp is dimmer, It is not the ballast that is causing the dimming as I put the upper lamp with the lower ballast and that lamp is still dim. Going to switch it out with another lamp I have and see if there is any change.

Back
Top Bottom