Radogast 2016 - The Neverending Growing

Some awesome hardware there rad, that grinder is amazing, will be looking into one of them :)
Kinda sux around here to buy glass, either import it and risk losing it in customs like i did with my grav steamrollers or pay 5x the price from the only shop that sells them here, which is online. Can get cheap glass from the markets but glass is usually less than a mm thin, broken way too many of them just cleaning to justify buying any more.

Some awesome hardware there rad, that grinder is amazing, will be looking into one of them :)
Kinda sux around here to buy glass, either import it and risk losing it in customs like i did with my grav steamrollers or pay 5x the price from the only shop that sells them here, which is online. Can get cheap glass from the markets but glass is usually less than a mm thin, broken way too many of them just cleaning to justify buying any more.

I broke 3 cheap pieces in one year. They did help me refine what I do and don't like - but a near total waste of money.

Harvest Day - AK47 Bonnie

Under the HPS and LEDs

20160516_181715-1.jpg

AK47 Bonnie - late afternoon photoshoot

20160516_181821-1.jpg

Most of the buds were small and clear/cloudy

20160516_182030-1.jpg

Top nug

20160516_181921-1.jpg

Top nug in my mitt like hand :)

20160516_181936-1.jpg

Definitely not Sensemilla - sometime in March, boy pollen found it's way into the flowering room.

20160516_182650-1.jpg

Trimmed and ready to wash.

20160516_205513.jpg

8 seeds dropped while trimming. One more seed came loose in the bud washing.

20160516_205807-1.jpg

Harvest Day - AK47 Bonnie

Under the HPS and LEDs

20160516_181715-1.jpg

AK47 Bonnie - late afternoon photoshoot

20160516_181821-1.jpg

Most of the buds were small and clear/cloudy

20160516_182030-1.jpg

Top nug

20160516_181921-1.jpg

Top nug in my mitt like hand :)

20160516_181936-1.jpg

Definitely not Sensemilla - sometime in March, boy pollen found it's way into the flowering room.

20160516_182650-1.jpg

Trimmed and ready to wash.

20160516_205513.jpg

8 seeds dropped while trimming. One more seed came loose in the bud washing.

20160516_205807-1.jpg
We had a plant grow seeds too. Purple Kush. We thought what the heck. To the water it went to see if it germinates. Are you going to try to grow from your seeds?

Sorry... doing some reading back/catching up this morning...

Did you ever consider micro-hydro?
In a perfect world, I would live next to a river that would allow me to do something in the hydro power generation arena.

Most micro hydro solutions require an 8 foot drop. The only place I have the equivalent of a dam and a spillway is the bridge right at the property line - and those generators are somewhat expensive.

I have seen another solution involving a long intake tube powering a turbine on the bed of a stream. When the water level rises 6", I tend to get a lot of sand suspended in the water. I had not quite a full idea of how to make it work, but I was getting there. These flat style work faitly well for pumping water, but also have modesy hydroelectric output.

Given more time and focus, I might have put together something. It was schedued for after my new waterfall pump was installed and the pump survived a year of water level changes.

We had a plant grow seeds too. Purple Kush. We thought what the heck. To the water it went to see if it germinates. Are you going to try to grow from your seeds?

Yes .

Several plants polinated at the same time.

If polinated by my grow, the father is a white widow plant. I caught this male early, so it seems unlikely.

I suspect they were polinated by one of the neighborhood plants. Lots of good genetics are growing in my little town.

Hi radogast, after reading this page I want to tell you, you are an angel growing for your wife. also, I would ask if borderliner is something I should grow for pain, without the paranoia, and being left locked in a rocking chair experience. he he,,,,,your wife is one lucky woman to have you,,,and I would also say you r lucky to have her.

Hi radogast, after reading this page I want to tell you, you are an angel growing for your wife. also, I would ask if borderliner is something I should grow for pain, without the paranoia, and being left locked in a rocking chair experience. he he,,,,,your wife is one lucky woman to have you,,,and I would also say you r lucky to have her.

Quoting my wife
It helps with the pain, but it's also very cerebral, so you are creative and don't mind the pain.
It won't leave you drooling in a rocking chair, but you won't mind being in a rocking chair either.

Thanks friend, all the notes Ive taken and studying on the different strains of cannabis, has left me quite a bit confused.......when I first ordered seeds from cropking I asked for a strain that addesses chronic back pain, depression and not be able to sleep.......they suggested cbd blue dream and white cookies, due to the indica strength as opposed to the sativa strength. however since I have started growing blue dream I have read on many of the sites here that blue dream has more sativa than indica,,,so I am really confused. I did take note on the pepper study done by one of the members here so that went into my notes at the top of the page....a very important thing to try,,just in case......I want to have a perpetual garden in my garage. I made the mistake of germinating all 7 seeds I got , because I didn't think they were going to germinate, and being a bit impatient, ended up with all 7 growing. now I have all seven in different stages of growth. they all look good and healthy at this point....so far I have learned enough from the good people on this forum to get to this stage. I placed 2 plants in flowering 12/12 yesterday. hope I didn't jump the gun again.........3 are still in the seedling cups and 2 others are planted in 3 gal pots.. I'm learning thanks to everyone.

Thanks friend, all the notes Ive taken and studying on the different strains of cannabis, has left me quite a bit confused.......when I first ordered seeds from cropking I asked for a strain that addesses chronic back pain, depression and not be able to sleep.......they suggested cbd blue dream and white cookies, due to the indica strength as opposed to the sativa strength. however since I have started growing blue dream I have read on many of the sites here that blue dream has more sativa than indica,,,so I am really confused. I did take note on the pepper study done by one of the members here so that went into my notes at the top of the page....a very important thing to try,,just in case......I want to have a perpetual garden in my garage. I made the mistake of germinating all 7 seeds I got , because I didn't think they were going to germinate, and being a bit impatient, ended up with all 7 growing. now I have all seven in different stages of growth. they all look good and healthy at this point....so far I have learned enough from the good people on this forum to get to this stage. I placed 2 plants in flowering 12/12 yesterday. hope I didn't jump the gun again.........3 are still in the seedling cups and 2 others are planted in 3 gal pots.. I'm learning thanks to everyone.

I can tell you from my experience (and this is only my first grow, not complete) what happened to me by jumping the gun on 12/12. I have a plant that I knew wasn't ready, but I didn't have enough veg lighting so I put it under flower lighting. Now it has buds, but nowhere near what the other two have, which had more veg time. The lights are off so I have to keep out, but I'll take pics tomorrow and show you the difference. If you end up with more plants than space, then you'll have to make decisions.

My absolute best friend for a perpetual grow is the clonebucket cloner. My 8 site cloner can easily keep up with 4 new plants/4 harvested plants a month :)

I was thinking today that if I ever get serious about cloning I'll invest in one. I love the way yours has performed for you.

Hey there Rad - congrats on the harvest and wishing you many many more in your future. Keep it green. :high-five:

Also congrats on the new glass. I love glass but most I see is junk/thin around these parts. I love that big Diamond grinder that's fantastic. Thanks for sharing. I bet I could make some hash with that deal right there. I'm scared to think about it...

Tell me more about that Wolf Vap... is it a good one?? I've vaping a lot using an Ascent by DaVinci that I like but, hey you know how it is always on the lookout for something new and fun-tional.

As promised Dutchess... two plants, the one in the clay colored container was barely vegged and sent into flower. So you can see what extra veg time does, even for a new guy like me, it clearly makes a difference when you get to the bud stage. I should mention that I already snagged buds off the plant on the left, and it still has more than the other one.

You should start a journal of your own so you can keep track of everything you are doing, even if you don't have a camera yet. You'll be glad you did when you want to look back on your grow! Hope it helps you.
GEDC1971.JPG

Hey there Rad - congrats on the harvest and wishing you many many more in your future. Keep it green. :high-five:

Also congrats on the new glass. I love glass but most I see is junk/thin around these parts. I love that big Diamond grinder that's fantastic. Thanks for sharing. I bet I could make some hash with that deal right there. I'm scared to think about it...

Tell me more about that Wolf Vap... is it a good one?? I've vaping a lot using an Ascent by DaVinci that I like but, hey you know how it is always on the lookout for something new and fun-tional.

This Wulf is an older model and was about $75. I prefer the flavor of our MagicFlite Launch Box. So far, he Wulf bud tastes toasted - Not unpleasant but without the nuanced terpene flavors. I get more high with the Wulf. Your Ascent is probably a better vape but my wife wanted an easy, dry herb "travel vape." We are satisfied with this vape, while knowing it is not one of the best.

The big grinder is labeled Diamond "Shaker" Grinder. Their website calls it their newest model. The idea is one can shake their ground bud around in the large chamber and sift out a lot of the hash into the kief catcher.

Back
Top Bottom