Recommendations / Suggestions for my 1st full size - Grow Tent 600W

mgjscdhl

After 3 failed attempts with a "stealth grow" I'm going to "full-scale".
I want to get a grow tent instead of building the room because a) I'm not that handy b) I may be
moving in 6-8 months. I hope to be the last thread before my next grow but will keep it updated up
until the seedlings pop.... Two variables I haven't decided on, yet, are seeds and nutrients.
I don't think I want to try organics because Its easier for me and if I run into problems I
should be able to provide ph as well as ec/tds readings.

I have two "favorite" choices for nutrients:
adv. nutrients - Sensi grow/bloom /w ph perfect
Canna grow/bloom for soil.

I have two sets of seeds I either got free from a seed bank or from the community.
If I can't get them to "pop" I intend on buying a sative/indica hybrid from a seed bank.
I'm only growing 4 plants at a time, no more than 6.

10x c99 / Cherry Bomb
10x "Mystery Seeds" (genetics unknown)

The tent I was looking at is Secret Jardin dr2 120 - 4x4'x7' tent, going by
the specs on their site I was looking at the following for hardware:

600w switchable/dimmable lumitek hps/mh digital ballast
450cfm 6' vortex fan
Air-tight, cooled 6' reflector (SilverStar / Sunbox)
Can Filter 50 - 420CFM

I will be growing in sunshine mix #4
I already have a 4x 24w t5 fluorescent lamp for seedlings
Hanna tds/ec/ph meter
... Misc pots, temp/hum, etc..

These seem to be similar design/specs as several threads I've looked at. I'll need to choose my ventilation later on, and
lighting. I saw some "controllers" at the hydroponic store today. One (grozone tv2) was a day/night temperature sensor
that looked really cool. Has anybody from here had any experience with them?

As always I'd appreciate any criticism or suggestions by the community. If I've neglected some information please ask.

Thanks for viewing
Geo

Everything looks good bro definitely would go with controller got one offline but same idea and made my life 30x easier and I'd go with the sensi line as I've heard it produces fantastic results, with relative ease. Can't wait to follow once you get started good luck bro!!

Check out my journal! ( and don't make the same mistake I did and go foxfarm.. Ughh) haha
J Dubbs First Real Grow

Oh and just got a gorilla grow tent myself and trust me 100$ extra goes a long long way! Check em out gorillagrowtent.com
Great specials with them right now if you get it before next week including free extension up to 9' tall!! Boom! Money! If you ask me..

If i was u which im not id go for smaller amount of plants, and grow larger plants than have to monitor alot of plants, any disease or pests may spread.. Thats just a thought, if you wanna scrog or sog etc; fair enuf, at the end of the day its up to what you want to do...A 600w IMO would better be used on a flat canopy in ur grow space, where my G/space is more rectangular so bushing out my space is what i have to do to fill as much as possible. I have a 4.5ft wide x 2.5ft deep x 9ft high, i use a 400w MH and HPS, but i just got 600w Sontgro HPS for this flower..
You seem to have pretty much all you need, so just put a bit of thought into how you can maximise your yield with minimum effort, you dont wanna shock or hermi any plants. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;):thumb: SMOKEM..

Back
Top Bottom