Removing large thick fan leaves

JC Grow

Do you remove these large thick fan leaves?No buds growing out of them.I removed 1st and 2nd nodes trying to Quadline.This would be the 3rd node fan only..Plant is Mother of Berry,90% Indica.

Attachments

• thick fan 001.jpg
    thick fan 001.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 198
  • thick fan 002.jpg
    thick fan 002.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 195
I look to see what those large leaves are covering. If there’s no bud sites underneath then leave it. If there are then try to tuck the leaf under to let the sites pop.

If the plant is healthy and if the leaf is “taking up valuable real estate” then I cut. I always think at least twice before snipping and make sure the plant has enough foliage to compensate. Personally I take very few leaves at a time...I’ve screwed plants up by going nuts with the scissors shwazzing...for the record I’m not a fan.

On a plant with about 20 leaves you shouldn't get getting rid of the largest energy producers.
10 days later,I`m flipping 12-12 soon,both these plants have 8 large fan leaves underneath.Do you recommend taking off the fans or leaving them.Plants have been 45 days vegging.I see some journals where they take them off.Aurora and Mixed Berry both bushy strains

Attachments

• clone prospects 029.jpg
    clone prospects 029.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 145
  • clone prospects 028.jpg
    clone prospects 028.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 2nd 001.jpg
    2nd 001.jpg
    893 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom