Reusable micro filters for oil production

MotaMan420

Hey all , just want an opinion -- I just re-started ( after 43yrs) making oil with my once thrown out clippings and I am searching for re-usable mesh bags I can reuse when straining the veg matter from my solvent.. Tired of solvent being used up when soaked up in throw away cloth or paper filters.

Thanks

MotaMan

Look for milk nut bags or poly mesh coffee filters. Do you reclaim your solvent?
I just finished making a few batches

This may gross some people out - but - I have been using nylon pantyhose - the short ones. I guess you could use regular panty hose and cut them down.
I only have used it for coconut oil infusion - not sure how it would work for alcohol.
Oh Gawd, I hope no one says that this turns your oil into an aphrodisiac!!!!!!! Oh No!!!! :rofl: :hmmmm::thedoubletake::rofl:

Thanks for the get backs guys -- yes I reclaim my solvent .. I use a Vevor distiller , works like a charm , just gotta watch the volume recovered , cause the amount going in is not the amount coming out.. Have to watch so oil is not cooked ..

MotaMan

Forgot to mention I am using a Magic Butter Machine to remove the goodies from my clippings and it turns the vegetable matter to a very fine silt so I need a filter (s) to get all of this out prior to my distilling the alcohol out..

MotaMan

cause the amount going in is not the amount coming out..
What do you mean, you lose some just distilling. I lose most of mine in the material. you can only
get so much out, maybe a high-speed Centrifuge like salad spinner
I get what I put in my distiller back out
Still have to strain it, might have to use vacuum to get it thru the super fine poly mesh
I just let mine drip dry at -30c
Forgot to mention I am using a Magic Butter Machine to remove the goodies from my clippings and it turns the vegetable matter to a very fine silt so I need a filter (s) to get all of this out prior to my distilling the alcohol out..

MotaMan
Heating your solvent & weed removes chlorophyl, plant waxes & lipids
You need to do cold quick wash to get clean oil, colder the better

IMG_4308 (2).JPG

Hey thanks for the input -- about the distiller -- I put in 7 1/2 cups of alcohol /oil solution and got 5 cups of alcohol out , what was left in distiller was not 2 1/2 cups , more like 3/4 of a cup.. So I can only surmise that loss was due to evaporation.. The receiving vessel is open and not contained - Vevor is distiller name - but they basically all look alike, except for the vacuum ones.

I will wash prior to extraction in the future --thanks

MotaMan

Hey thanks for the input -- about the distiller -- I put in 7 1/2 cups of alcohol /oil solution and got 5 cups of alcohol out , what was left in distiller was not 2 1/2 cups , more like 3/4 of a cup.. So I can only surmise that loss was due to evaporation.. The receiving vessel is open and not contained - Vevor is distiller name - but they basically all look alike, except for the vacuum ones.

I will wash prior to extraction in the future --thanks

MotaMan
Need one like this

Back
Top Bottom