Ruderalis Breeding Journal

you try to get me to spend money all day! look at that container and tell me to spend $5 on plastic - its not even a fuckin gallon!

Cool - no worries, man. I was actually trying to save you money. I haven't named a full price or brand name item yet. It's one thing to save money. Its another to screw around with exploding dixie cups if you're serious.

I won't make any more suggestions, don't worry. Didn't mean to make you mad.

Good luck with the project.

:smokin:

looks like all 5 germinated.

Whiskey Papa didn't make me mad man just saying. If you learned something why don't you share what you've found out? if I were lining a grow room that is one thing and you have a point but context is everything in conversation.

also what do you mean exploding dixie cups - and why do you keep coming back and saying you're not going to say anything else its counter productive. just speak young grasshopper.

if its some kind of sly rag on the cheapness of my set up I have run out of money to spend on stuff - look @ my other grow its a more legitimate setup and thats what I spend the $$$ on.

I'm not a pro grower I'm a college student

looks like all 5 germinated.

Whiskey Papa didn't make me mad man just saying. If you learned something why don't you share what you've found out? if I were lining a grow room that is one thing and you have a point but context is everything in conversation.

also what do you mean exploding dixie cups - and why do you keep coming back and saying you're not going to say anything else its counter productive. just speak young grasshopper.

if its some kind of sly rag on the cheapness of my set up I have run out of money to spend on stuff - look @ my other grow its a more legitimate setup and thats what I spend the $$$ on.

I'm not a pro grower I'm a college student

OK, bro. Let me see if I can communicate my thoughts.

1 - You obviously know how to grow some good smoke. Both journals are interesting.
2 - You have obviously spent a lot of money already.
3 - My suggestions were not knocks on your setup. Each time you had asked for suggestions. I tried to throw out suggestions that work for me. Trust me when I say I'm pinching pennies as well.
4 - I have also pissed away countless dollars by trying to save on things I shouldn't have. That was what I meant by I learned and so will you. I tried the contractor bags. It didn't work for me. So instead of saving a few dollars, since I then went ahead and got the Visquene, it cost me more than if I had just done it right the first time.

As far as going away and coming back, again - I was just trying to leave room for you and others to talk. I'm very sorry this little convo has interrupted your journal. It was definitely not my intent.

:peace:

Hey no worries man, I see what you're saying now :Rasta:
the 6 mil is probably easier to work with but 3 mil will do it for me. yeah its fun to try different things but the bill does begin to add up. not that its that expensive in the grand scheme of things mwaha

its true tho trash bags to line walls and seal stuff are a mess and a fail haha.

Hey no worries man, I see what you're saying now :Rasta:
the 6 mil is probably easier to work with but 3 mil will do it for me. yeah its fun to try different things but the bill does begin to add up. not that its that expensive in the grand scheme of things mwaha

its true tho trash bags to line walls and seal stuff are a mess and a fail haha.

Right On!

And I really am excited to see where you take us!

:Rasta:

I am excited to see it also :| in like 2 months lol. Do the plants finish sooner if they are seeded or will they grow seeds for longer than normal? would it be problematic to plant them all in the same net pot since I am going for seed from these seeds? I think thats what I'm going to do...

I am excited to see it also :| in like 2 months lol. Do the plants finish sooner if they are seeded or will they grow seeds for longer than normal? would it be problematic to plant them all in the same net pot since I am going for seed from these seeds? I think thats what I'm going to do...

Man, those are great questions.

I can't wait to hear the answers.

If you pollinate the buds fairly early in bloom, the seeds will have plenty of time to mature and you can just harvest like you would sinsemilla.

Autos seem to do everything faster, including seed maturation, but they do need about 3 weeks or so.

If you pollinate later in bloom, you're going to have to go at least 3 weeks more, so pollinate early but not so early that the buds are tiny.

The problem with having males and females in the same net pot is that if you want to get rid of the males, the roots left behind will be tangled up with the other plants and may throw off your solution.

In soil, it doesn't matter to leave roots behind, but in hydro it causes problems.

All 5 are starting in the dwc system netpot - no nutes yet. there is some hydroton in there but it is not full, maybe 1/2 or 1/3rd of the way full should be enough. 3x23w cfls. and a bubble cloner there next to it. both on 20w heat mat.

ideal time for pollenation is about the mid way marker. So if you know its a 8 week strain 3-5 weeks latest to pollenate. Keep in mind that the first outing of pollen is as potent so let the pollen fly. a fan lightly blowing once you start to see pollen drop in the grow area will hep your male out. just make sure you change you clothes and wash up after checking the grow room. Pollen is easly transfered.

ok here some pics - the shotglasses are holding some kalichakras, but I think its too cold for them. I'm gonna move them onto a heating pad.

damnit I forgot to flip it - look at it sideways
DSCF00256.JPG

DSCF00246.JPG

High onthe420train!

I plan on ordering some auto-flower seeds by the end of the month and doing the same as you. I want to have some seeds for this summer so I need to fast track them.

I'm probably going to go with DWC for the fastest growth I can get in the shortest time. I planned to separate the males to let the females get more flowers going before pollination. I'll probably just cull any weak males and let the rest breed to get seeds faster. A couple of hundred seeds is my fervent hope. I'm going to order 4 or 5 each of a couple of strains. If I get my plants bred and my seeds I plan to grow outdoors somewhere away from my place. Lots of dugouts along the sides of gravel roads in the middle of nowhere around here. lol

They've been there for over fifty years most of them and are surrounded by poplar and birch that have built up a thick layer of fertile soil right beside a free water source. Should be good planting and if it goes well this summer I plan to go big time in '11. I may just grow them inside and get a perpetual garden happening if I like the smoke.

I'll be sitting in for the ride. :popcorn: :bong:

L8r.

Labrat thats a great idea. definitely want to guerrilla grow ruderalis after this, haven't had a chance to find a good spot yet and don't wanna risk it without a good seed stock.

sounds like you have a great spot figured out for spring

Labrat thats a great idea. definitely want to guerrilla grow ruderalis after this, haven't had a chance to find a good spot yet and don't wanna risk it without a good seed stock.

sounds like you have a great spot figured out for spring

Lots of spots. And a hand-held GPS unit so I don't forget where they are. lol Most are just beside the road. Lots of riverbank too and my buddy has a quad and I've got a little Ford Explorer 4x4. Very remote areas just minutes from my place. I live 10 miles from town on 7.5 acres surrounded by farms. I could grow right here but I'd rather it be off the property. I'm right on a highway plus the county can inspect properties for noxious weeds and pot might just fall into that category! :rofl:

I'm hoping that by planting many small patches and leaving a few to go to seed I could have the stuff growing wild all over the place. lol

C'ya.

It's just one of those yellow Garmin ones. You can store locations, 6 digits worth, and follow your trail. Great for fishing or hunting or driving around in the bush when I'm working. No fees but no maps either. I'll get a county map and mark the locations on it for backup.

Nothing fancy but it's got me un-lost a few times over the last 7 years. lol

Back
Top Bottom