Ruderalis Breeding Journal

Yea autoflowering plants are really cool, I would get some buddies growing them but they wouldn't want to keep the males and let them seed. Everyone thinks their own grow is the bombest smoke ever, or wants to think it, and autos just don't guarantee that at all!

Interesting conclusion to the sickly auto. The rapid rooter apparently was dysfunctional - I tore it open and the roots never grew further than a few cm deep into it. It was very tough to tear apart - different feeling than a normal rapid rooter... so I just tore it apart and freed up the tiny root cluster the plant does have (it is tiny) and stuck it straight into hydroton to root - the other two have roots 10inches long by now no doubt.

Interesting conclusion to the sickly auto. The rapid rooter apparently was dysfunctional - I tore it open and the roots never grew further than a few cm deep into it. It was very tough to tear apart - different feeling than a normal rapid rooter... so I just tore it apart and freed up the tiny root cluster the plant does have (it is tiny) and stuck it straight into hydroton to root - the other two have roots 10inches long by now no doubt.

I've never really been a big fan of the rooters. But hey to each his own. Ialways have more problems when Iget em.But hey maybe its just me justifying me f'n up..LoL

Hmm good to know - I have a lot of rockwool too - starting seeds has been a challenge for me in the past haha but this will be my first casualty in over 30 seeds if it doesn't recover, which I don't think it will.... it tried to do growing without having roots for some reason - I wonder maybe it is too cold for it so it didn't bother growing roots and just tried to mature - anyways I only have 2 now! so if they are both female I have to start more seeds and hope for males.

Hi!
i am about to start a lowryder 2 grow for my first grow...have pretty much everything i need....just lloking for tips and helpful advice.....when adjusting the ph, how exactly do i do it?, how often to water the autoflowering type and what strength nutrient solution should i go by, i have ff grow big and big bloom, i also have tiger bloom!!...do i need to do anything inparticular to make my grow successful?
any advice is welcome
many thanks
skunkybaby!!

Hello skunkybaby and :welcome:

You might benefit from creating a grow journal in the current journals section and asking some questions there as well.

I'm not entirely sure about fox farms because I use chemical fertilizers versus organic... isn't fox farm just chemicals with organics though I'm not sure. I know the dry bloom stuff is straight chemicals, and you won't get the same results without it.
pH is pretty dependent on the soil and water - if there is dolomite in your soil than you don't need to worry about pH because the dolomite will regulate it pretty well. But if you have a pH meter, a small 10 or 20cc syringe, and some pH down (phosphoric/nitric acids), than you can change your pH level that way. Just be sure and do it after you add your nutrients and be careful the stuff is pretty powerful and it also changes the levels of your Nitrates and Phosphates. By watching pH in hydro you can tell if you're experiencing root rot or predict if you will have problems. A pH of 5.8 or 5.9 is a place to set it, and then let it creep up over the life of your reservoir to 6.5 before downing it - the plants like that actually. Buuuut if you water them in the morning with pH 5.8 and in the evening with pH 6.5 expect to see damage from pH fluctuation.

Hi onthe420train!
thanks for the advice, i think i am all set up to go now i will be germinating starting next week so i will start my grow journal then and hopefully get some help there aswell!!!
thanks again
skunkybaby!!!
cant wait for my first harvest yey!!

y/w man, yeah good luck. minimize on casualties in the germination process thats always helpful for getting off to a good start. one sure fire way to germinate any good seed is to put it on top of your computer and leave it on... computers are pretty warm but not too hot. I used toilet paper last time and a plastic sandwhich bag got it real wet and folded the seeds in the bag on top of my computer under a dish rag. dark, warm, wet, germinates seeds. also can cause problems though if you aren't careful. bacteria, mold, normal things that attack seedlings... I'm a fan of put it in soil then add water... surefire method to get good plants hahaha.

BTW the bigger of the autos is doing really well at this point. Donno if its a he or she but it is pretty cool looking. the other 2 are a lil smaller, one healthy, one not so much... I am about to germinate more autos myself haha. Started 5 seeds and now I have 2 plants... so I am gonna start 5 more seeds and hopefully get 5 more plants because I need a male and a female to get any breeding going on.... ahhaa... kind of waiting to see if I might have gotten lucky and snagged a male female combo...

thanks, i think i am going to try in soil and water for 1 seed and then in a shot glass and water for the other seed of my auto flowers...then i am going to try the soil and water and the computer thing you said for germinating my northern lights....btw mine are all feminized!!! good luck with your breeding!!!! i will post you and let you know when i get my lil babies started!!! thanks again onthe420train x

so the seeds were planted 4 days ago and they are popping out now and under 2700k fluorescent tubes for the first day or two. four of five germinated, fifth may still pop up. I also bought more lowryder seed stock Purple Jems regular seeds to play with.

DSCF00762.JPG

Back
Top Bottom