S13OnTap's Drip-Irrigation Kush Grow Journal - Sept/Oct/Nov 2010

s13ontap

Unknown Kush Strain

-I recieved 3 clones from a Friend and grew them in soil into 3 Mothers, that were hacked up into about 40 clones. 18 Were Placed into Drip Irrigation and 4 into soil as mothers, the rest were given to a friend. (this is my second time around, things are running much smoother than the first time)

Plants are currently in Flower stage

-I wanted to have my second flower room up and running, but it didn't happen in time, so i doubled my veg room as a second flower chamber, but I expect much much smaller yeild from the 9 plants in the veg room as a result of space and lighting inadequicies.

Plants were in veg for 3 weeks, and remain under veg lights for first week of flower period(12/12)

-18 plants 18/6 photoperiod, under 2 250w MH lamps, (9 under 1, 9 under the other) with bat-wing reflectors, 3wX6lX8h room dimensions. Small squirrel cage fan feeding cool air in, and another fan moving air out of veg room into flower room.

Currently in week 4 of flower

-9 Plants transferred into Flower room, 9 left in veg room (plants left in veg room are left there because my second flower chamber is not up and running yet) 12/12 Photoperiod, under 2 600w HPS with aircooled reflectors. 6wX6lX8h room dimensions. 2 Small Squirrel cage fans supplying air, (1 taking in air from outside room, and 1 taking in air from veg room) air is fed out of room via 6" inline fan blowing through lights and out into attic

The outside air room feeding both rooms contains ballasts and resivoir(s) as well as an air-conditioner to control the temp of the air entering both rooms, and the temp of my resivoir (although it is off this time around as it is not needed) Temp inside stays between 75-78 degrees with lights on, 68-71 degrees lights off. and humidity is between 25%-32% this time of year. (my last grow humidity was between 40%-50%)

Indoor Hydro, Obviously

-8 inch PVC pipes with 3" net pots holding clay pellets, plants were cloned in small rockwool cubes, that are now set in the mesh pots with a 4" drip steak and clay pellets. sitting in the PVC pipes 18" apart at center. fed nutes from a drip line on a constant drip from resivoir (veg room was 9" centers during veg of all 18 plants, but now 9 plants are staggered over 18 holes to allow for a bit more growing room until next time when both flower rooms will be operational)

Size of light?

-Flower side is flowering under 2 600w HPS Aircooled Lights
-Veg side is flowering under a pathetic 2 250w MH with bat-wing reflectors
(it'll be cool to see what i actually get from the veg side)(not much i assume)

Is it aircooled?

-Yes flower room is. not veg room though. second flower room will be as well when it's up

Temp of Room/cab?

-75-78 degrees with lights on, 68-71 degrees lights off in flower room
-80-90 degrees in veg room with lights on, 69-75 degrees lights off

RH of Room/cab?

-humidity is between 25%-32%

PH of media or res?

-Usually sits at about 6.0

Any Pests ?

- YES! and i hate them. although they aren't doing much damage to growth rate. i believe they're white flies. but i'm not sure. i've tried foliar sprays, i cant kill them. they look like lice. they start as tiny white eggs along the veins of the fan leaves then thay grow into tiny black bugs. or maybe they don't. if they are white flies than the black things should be pirate beetles or something, and they supoposedly eat the white eggs. who knows. i cant killl them off. they came with the clones. and i was too ignorant to know to quarantene clones. i'm ordering seeds for my next grow so i hope that gets rid of them all when i bleach my room... bastards!

How often are you watering?

-Always. steady drip irrigation (continous-drip)

Type and strength of ferts used?

- Ok, For Veg:

Week 1 - PH 6.2
5ml/L Propagator

Week 2 - PH 6.0
5ml/L Store Brand Nutes #1 (1-2-5)
5ml/L Store Brand Nutes #2 (2-0-0)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)
1gram/8L CarboBlast (1% magnesium)

Foliar Spray - 1ml/L Suck It Up (0-0-0.1)
10ml/L Veg Bloom Plus (1-0-0)

Week 3 - PH 6.0
5ml/L Store Brand Nutes #1 (1-2-5)
6ml/L Store Brand Nutes #2 (2-0-0)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)

And For Flower:

Week 1 - PH 6.0
5ml/L Store Brand Nutes #3 (0-4-4)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)

2ml/L Bud Bloom Plus (1-1-2)

Week 2 - PH 6.0
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)
1gram/4L CarboBlast (1% magnesium)

Week 3 - PH 6.0
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)
5grams/10L Tons O Bud (0-49-32)

Week 4 - PH 6.0
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)
5grams/10L Tons O Bud (0-49-32)

Week 5 - PH 6.0
6ml/L Store Brand Nutes #3 (0-4-4)
4ml/L Store Brand Nutes #2 (2-0-0)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)
6grams/20L Bud Boom (0-40-23)

Week 6 - PH 6.0
6ml/L Store Brand Nutes #3 (0-4-4)
4ml/L Store Brand Nutes #2 (2-0-0)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)

Week 7 - PH 6.0
7ml/L Store Brand Nutes #3 (0-4-4)
3ml/L Store Brand Nutes #2 (2-0-0)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)

Week 8 (first 3 days) - PH 6.0 (flushing stage)
5ml/L Double Flush

Until Ready - PH 6.0
Straight Water

Resivoir Size

- 60 Litres

Medium

-Rockwool Cubes and clay pellets

Lights

- (2) 600w HID Aircooled

Nutrients

- Propagator, Plantroids, Super B+, CarboBlast, Tons O Bud, Bud Bloom, Suck It Up, Bud Bloom Plus, Veg Bloom Plus, Double Flush, Generic Store Brand Nutes

Strain
- Unknown Kush Strain

# of Plants

-9 (+9)

Yield

-Unknown

Nutes

Nutes25.JPG

Week 2 Veg

Week_26.JPG

Week 3 Veg

Week_32.JPG

Week 1 Flower

Week_4_2_1.JPG

Week_4_3_1.JPG

Week_46.JPG

Fan Leaf at week 1 Flower
fan_3_week.JPG

Week 2 Flower (Before Moving to Flower Room)

Week_5_Before_Transplant.JPG

Flower Room Setup

Flower_Room_Setup_2_.JPG
Flower_Room_Setup_3_.JPG
Flower_Room_Ventilation.JPG

Week 2 Flower (After Splitting Plants Between FLower and Veg Rooms)

Week_5_After_Transplant_2_.JPG

Week_5_After_Transplant.JPG

Week 3 Flower

Week_62.JPG
Week_6_2_1.JPG
Week_6_3_1.JPG
Week_6_4_1.JPG
Week_6_5_1.JPG

Fan Leaf At Week 3 Flower
Fan_week_6.JPG

Week 4 Flower

Week_7_2_.JPG
Week_7_5_.JPG

Week 4 Flower (Bud Close Ups)

Week_7_3_.JPG
Week_72.JPG

Had a rough time seperating the roots when i moved from veg room. thought i was gonna kill em all. i ripped so many roots apart. :( but they survived. i'll have to space them farther apart next time, or put in 1" tall dividers between plants in the PVC, with only tiny holes for water to run through so the roots stay directly under the plants. (probably wont work but what can i do? i'm out of room, so i can't space them farther apart....)

I felt the same way when i first started using this site but i have noticed that you need to post on other peoples grows and add a link to your grow journal in your SIGNITURE space so every one will see it when you post.

Take a deep breath lol, your plants are doing great and it looks like you shouldnt have any problem with people seeing it if you fallow what i had added above.

I will for sure fallow this grow!:thumb:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Sorry for the lack of update, I lost the laptop that had the rest of the pics on it.
Despite spider mites trying to take over, I managed to take in a larger harvest than i expected, and thanks to vacuum cleaners, not a trace of the mites, and they never came back to web anything up after i hung them, or mason jar'd them. Lol I never weighed anything but I figure it must have been 2-4 p based on how long it's taken me to smoke most of it, at about a half of a small jam day, lmao

For my first quality grow it was so happy, considering I can't even BUY weed that tastes and smells this good. And I have never had a problem finding good weed to buy. it's just that little bit better. Every time i open a jar i shove my face in it and inhale.

I'm working on a new strain by Greenhouse Seeds.

SuperLemon Haze. i have HIGH hopes

germinated 2 of 5 seeds, and failed them with under then over watering.

germinated another 2 of the 5 seeds and when they got put into clay pellets, one died for some reason,

so i have all my hopes resting on one little seedling that just got off the propagator. and the one un popped one, but i'm saving that to revive the strain in the future if i want to.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, sorry for your loss!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

yeah, but i don't feel like dirt is the best way to grow heavy plants. I've heaerd the smoke is tastier when grown in organic or soil, but with proper flushing and curing, I think hydro tastes just the same. Way denser buds though. 50% yield increase over soil. (at least thats how it feels) plus it's way easier to flush roots if you over fert in hydro than it is in soil.

Back
Top Bottom